HISTA will close May 10

Jasonflz

Aside from money costs, why not have EO in the current MILF theater? :shrug:

I would love to see that space taken up with something that will definitely draw more guests in than what is currently there.

Next Big Thing

Aside from money costs, why not have EO in the current MILF theater? :shrug:

I would love to see that space taken up with something that will definitely draw more guests in than what is currently there.
MILF is actually pretty good (it has definitely improved since it first opened), unlike HISTA, which sucks big time monkey nuts.

EpcotServo

It's around 8 here on the coast of EPCOT...Meaning HISTA should be all cycled out. Captain Eo is on the way back to the Magic Eye Theater!

Jasonflz

MILF is actually pretty good (it has definitely improved since it first opened), unlike HISTA, which sucks big time monkey nuts.

:lol: I just figured, the Magic eye theater should be indefinitely closed to expand the Imagination ride (if it ever gets a refurb) and Captain EO should be where MILF is now considering the space is no longer a circle-vision theater. (temporarily)

Figments Friend

So happy to hear today was HISTA's last day. Hooray!

:sohappy:

I wish it 'good riddance'..and when the door hits it in the bum on the way out, i hope it takes that '20 minute Kodak Commerical' Pre-Show video with it!!

:lol:

LONG LIVE CAPTAIN EO!

Figments Friend

I was thinking the other day that Jackson would probably be horrified if he knew Disney was doing this. He was known for being a perfectionist. I doubt he'd have liked the idea of a stripped-down Eo.

Excellent observation. It is a shame that word seems to imply that this will be a lesser experience then originally intended ( in theatre effects-wise). All those people who never had the chance to experience the REAL Eo will see the 're-released' version and come out wondering what all the excitement was supposed to be about. Like a lot of things from the past, one can not really understand the true scope of something truly great without experiencing it in the flesh themselves. Perfect example of this would be the original 'Imagination' ride. I know folks who to this day cannot understand why us Fans get go worked up about it...and why the original 'JII' was so cherised. It is simply because they never saw it, and they only have the downsized version of today to compare it with ( NO comparison, on ANY level whatsoever in my mind...)

MJ would have insisted 'Eo' only be re-released with all the in-theatre effects..i totally agree. Wether or not TDO would agree and want to spend out for this is another matter. I would be willing to guess that MJ would have pushed for it, and TDC would have said no. We probably would not be seeing the film being reissued if he was still around.

Who knows..he may have been embarrassed about it now?

I like the pic a lot ( have it on disc...boot from the UK). I was lucky to have experienced it at EPCOT back in the day, and it was pretty dang impressive. When i play the disc for friends, i spend most of the time describing what was happening in the theatre to help clue them in to what the full experience was like. Just watching the film itself..as itself...can leave some people with the impression that it is a lame effort. When taken into the context of the ENTIRE package, i found it to be one of Disney's BEST 3-D film attractions ever.

I would rather watch 'EO' at the Park then that tired old 'Muppets' thing...

:p

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I would have to disagree with you. Horizons was all about the future, it didn't have a past.:p Even in the queue line, they talked about the future and it was called FuturePort. They showed technological advances in the Future and had 3 different adventures into future destinations.

the wonders of life had nothing to do with past present or future... well, NOW it deals with the past: "Once popular now gutted original epcot memories". :rolleyes:

raven

A handmade poster for HISTA in the Imagination breakroom has writing on it from a CM saying: "Hasta la Vista HISTA: 1994-2010."

No clue if they were playin' or what but I can only hope it ain't coming back.

ScorpionX

Right now, they are preparing to close HISTA on May 10. Last week it was going to be May 2. They have decided to upgrade the audio system and that is about it, they don't want to change it much because they will have to change it back again to HISTA after EO has had it's run of a year or so.

It sounds like the other parks are going all out with the special effects and make they will have good shows, but TDO wants to get by on the cheap. So it sounds like HISTA will be around for another 2-3 years, at least at Epcot.
Bob Saget!

DarthGrady

Possibly for ever.

Got my fingers crossed too. :animwink:

Excellent observation. It is a shame that word seems to imply that this will be a lesser experience then originally intended ( in theatre effects-wise). All those people who never had the chance to experience the REAL Eo will see the 're-released' version and come out wondering what all the excitement was supposed to be about. Like a lot of things from the past, one can not really understand the true scope of something truly great without experiencing it in the flesh themselves. Perfect example of this would be the original 'Imagination' ride. I know folks who to this day cannot understand why us Fans get go worked up about it...and why the original 'JII' was so cherised. It is simply because they never saw it, and they only have the downsized version of today to compare it with ( NO comparison, on ANY level whatsoever in my mind...)

MJ would have insisted 'Eo' only be re-released with all the in-theatre effects..i totally agree. Wether or not TDO would agree and want to spend out for this is another matter. I would be willing to guess that MJ would have pushed for it, and TDC would have said no. We probably would not be seeing the film being reissued if he was still around.

Who knows..he may have been embarrassed about it now?

I like the pic a lot ( have it on disc...boot from the UK). I was lucky to have experienced it at EPCOT back in the day, and it was pretty dang impressive. When i play the disc for friends, i spend most of the time describing what was happening in the theatre to help clue them in to what the full experience was like. Just watching the film itself..as itself...can leave some people with the impression that it is a lame effort. When taken into the context of the ENTIRE package, i found it to be one of Disney's BEST 3-D film attractions ever.

I would rather watch 'EO' at the Park then that tired old 'Muppets' thing...

:p

Excellent points.

Bob Saget!

Huh?
:shrug: :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom