HISTA will close May 10

OklaHoops

EO for HISTA

Surely, they will upgrade the film and add some effects. If they don't Disney may get laughed out of the park. They don't need the embarassment. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

lebeau

Surely, they will upgrade the film and add some effects. If they don't Disney may get laughed out of the park. They don't need the embarassment. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

From what I hear, this will be a lesser presentation than what guests saw in the 80s. Nothing is known for certain, but it seems unlikely all of the in-theater effects will be working.

I was thinking the other day that Jackson would probably be horrified if he knew Disney was doing this. He was known for being a perfectionist. I doubt he'd have liked the idea of a stripped-down Eo.

durhay

Darn it, my kids won't get to see it. They've seen the movie and I was going to make it the first attraction they saw. I guess Living Seas will be first then.

EpcotServo

Guess that means they won't be tearing out the Imagination Institute carpeting then...

Anyone have pictures of the lobby during the Captain EO days? Would love to see some. (I know what it looked like, just bored and interested. Heh.)

WDWFigment

Guess that means they won't be tearing out the Imagination Institute carpeting then...

Anyone have pictures of the lobby during the Captain EO days? Would love to see some. (I know what it looked like, just bored and interested. Heh.)

If you're really itching to get some of that carpet, MouseSurplus (or the other site that 'spun off' of MS) sells it all the time on eBay!

...I don't think that was your implication, just sayin'...

Neverland

Darn! I don't go until the 19th. :( I don't particularly care for HISTA one way or another, but I haven't done it in about seven years, so I had been planning to ride it one last time before Eo takes over.

T-1MILLION

dxwwf3

I would hope it is to bring as much effects into it as posisble to make it actually an attraction and not just a dated 3D movie with bumpy seats...but that's just me.

Oh I would hope so too, but I don't expect it. And I really can't blame them to be honest. But yes I would personally want them to take their time and add as much as they can, but I'm content with getting what Disneyland got.

T-1MILLION

Oh I would hope so too, but I don't expect it. And I really can't blame them to be honest. But yes I would personally want them to take their time and add as much as they can, but I'm content with getting what Disneyland got.

I sure do. With the dough they will be making off the merch and attention in today's world it should be better than ever.

It would actually not take a lot, even if not the complete original effects the seats that are in there now are equipped with water, air and other effects that could be utilized. It would just take a programer watching and synching the things.

A fog machine and starfield projector system go pretty cheap these days as well.

aladdin2007

Yawn... HISTA, EO. Get rid of both, time for something new already...

Agreed, I dont think they know what to do with the space really, and they dont want to spend a dime obviously. Aside though from international vistors is merch really going to be that big a seller here? I see why it sells tons in california but here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom