Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

TrainsOfDisney

And if the international flights and or redeye flights arrive at OIA, the family gets to WDW in the early morning and perhaps still can't check in early into the hotel room. More of a waiting game.

I flew from Disneyland to WDW overnight... when I arrived before sunrise the room wasn’t ready so I left my bag at the baggage check and hopped on a bus to MK. Sunset at Disneyland Park, Sunrise at Magic Kingdom the next day.

Of course I’m crazy. Haha.

Got a text when my room was ready and my luggage was in the room waiting for me when I went back for a nap before fireworks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I flew from Disneyland to WDW overnight... when I arrived before sunrise the room wasn’t ready so I left my bag at the baggage check and hopped on a bus to MK. Sunset at Disneyland Park, Sunrise at Magic Kingdom the next day.

Of course I’m crazy. Haha.

Got a text when my room was ready and my luggage was in the room waiting for me when I went back for a nap before fireworks.
Conversely we watched RoE one evening and had lunch in DCA the following day.

Lilofan

All we know for certain is that the preferred route approaches along World Center Dr,. and that plans are to have elevated platforms.
The expensive homes near Lake Nona and or the homes and condos of residential Kissimmee near the airport may not have a say in the matter. They will have a birds eye view and hear of the nearby elevated train that shuttles guests from OIA to WDW.

lazyboy97o

The expensive homes near Lake Nona and or the homes and condos of residential Kissimmee near the airport may not have a say in the matter. They will have a birds eye view and hear of the nearby elevated train that shuttles guests from OIA to WDW.
Huh? Have you bothered to look at a map of the proposed routes? As already stated this isn’t an elevated train. It’s not going anywhere near Kissimmee proper. The planned routes generally have it following existing highways so even if it goes near Lake Nona the preference would be to use the existing rail corridor.

joelkfla

Huh? Have you bothered to look at a map of the proposed routes? As already stated this isn’t an elevated train. It’s not going anywhere near Kissimmee proper. The planned routes generally have it following existing highways so even if it goes near Lake Nona the preference would be to use the existing rail corridor.
Yes, and from the airport to 417 it runs along existing freight and commuter rail right-of-way through industrial areas. The only time it touches any residential area is along the west edge of the Meadow Woods development on the existing SunRail tracks.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Europe has had a lot of success with trains for passenger transport conversely the U.S. has had success with rail transport in the movement of freight. AMTRACK is an example how U.S. rail struggles as a passenger service.
1615210987618.png

GimpYancIent

This whole train line issue has become a yawn fest. When I first heard about the concept and learned it would not be a monorail or real high speed train but a train that moves just a little bit faster than what is currently operating in the U.S., well, its humorous reading the reality T.V. manufactured drama. An electric bus system would probably cost less, be more efficient and simper to operate.

lazyboy97o

This whole train line issue has become a yawn fest. When I first heard about the concept and learned it would not be a monorail or real high speed train but a train that moves just a little bit faster than what is currently operating in the U.S., well, its humorous reading the reality T.V. manufactured drama. An electric bus system would probably cost less, be more efficient and simper to operate.
Who sells an electric bus with capacity of a train that can do 125 mph? Who sells a monorail that does 125 mph?

GimpYancIent

Who sells an electric bus with capacity of a train that can do 125 mph? Who sells a monorail that does 125 mph?
Who cares about going over 100 mph for that short of a distance? Talk serious! How about cross country? Oh yea, are we hauling freight (where large capacity is truly important) or passengers (where amenities and comfort are important)?

lazyboy97o

Who cares about going over 100 mph for that short of a distance? Talk serious! How about cross country? Oh yea, are we hauling freight (where large capacity is truly important) or passengers (where amenities and comfort are important).
You just complained that it is not true high speed rail. What does cross country have to do with anything? Who is we? Even the affiliated freight service, FEC, does not go cross country.

GimpYancIent

You just complained that it is not true high speed rail. What does cross country have to do with anything? Who is we? Even the affiliated freight service, FEC, does not go cross country.
No complaint, just fact. Not impressed, not high Speed Rail, not really eco friendly and not innovative. Just another short distance transport option for those that want may be interested is the only positive I see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom