Hey! Hey! Hey! It's Krusty the Clown!

darthjohnny

The LA Times Travel & Deal Blog listed the 29 Simpson characters to be featured in the atttraction:

* Homer Simpson (Dan Castellaneta)
* Marge Simpson (Julie Kavner)
* Bart Simpson (Nancy Cartwright)
* Lisa Simpson (Yeardley Smith)
* Maggie Simpson
* Krusty the Clown (Castellaneta)
* Sideshow Bob (Kelsey Grammer)
* Grampa Abraham Simpson (Castellaneta)
* Selma Bouvier (Kavner)
* Patty Bouvier (Kavner)
* Milhouse Van Houten (Pamela Hayden)
* Martin Prince (Russi Taylor)
* Ralph Wiggum (Cartwright)
* Police Chief Wiggum (Hank Azaria)
* Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (Azaria)
* Moe Szyslak (Azaria)
* Groundskeeper Willie (Castellaneta)
* Professor Frink (Azaria)
* Cletus Spuckler (Azaria)
* Snake Jailbird (Azaria)
* Squeaky Voice Teen (Castellaneta)
* Hans Moleman (Castellaneta)
* Barney Gumble (Castellaneta)
* Louie the Hitman (Castellaneta)
* Itchy (Castellaneta)
* Scratchy (Harry Shearer)
* Kang (Shearer)
* Kodos (Castellaneta)
* Happy Little Elves

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1657

darthjohnny

Screamscape was talking about how Harry Shearer decided to opt out of the attraction.

They mention that Shearer is credited for the voices of Scratchy and Kang, but note that Scratchy doesn't always talk and Kang sometimes just laughs (I guess they are infering that they took some sound samples from the television show for those two characters that Shearer did and didn't actually get him to record anything for the ride).

DBV

I am down there april 17-23, and one reason we are staying at the Hard Rock is hoping to see this ride. I feel a little deceived, since my room came with a free Simpson's t-shirt- I might complain.

Any chance there will be previews? Does Universal work that way, or is that a WDW thing?

Matpez

This weekend might be a bit early for previews... but I have no inside knowledge beyond what is already available.

I told my sister to delay her visit to Universal until after the 17th of May if she for sure wants to see it.

coasterphil

Yep. I'm heading over there in a little bit since they are planning on opening for technical rehearsals today. Assuming there aren't any big problems that came up between the previews last night and opening today. Hopefully I'll be back this afternoon with a full review.

coasterphil

Just got back from the park, they opened the ride for rehearsal at 11:30 and I was on the first cycle. The ride was definitely more detailed than I had expected, offered some good laughs, and is going to be a smash hit. There were a lot of things that I couldn't pick up from the video in just one viewing since so much is going on, so I'll have to ride again to see what I missed. If you guys have any specific questions good ahead and ask.

GymLeaderPhil

By and far I have a reason to return to the Universal Studios park.

We rode it around 6pm yesterday evening. I was CRACKING up in the queue line and I don't watch the Simpsons regularly. The queue itself is vastly the same, save for a new paint scheme and some string lights. They have some nice wide screen televisions and they solved the problem with the older clips size by placing them within the Simpson's television set.

The cast member uniforms are pretty bad. It looks like they just reused the design for the IOA Popeye ride's uniforms. I guess it ads to the cheese of the Krustyland theme, but I think they could have been implemented better.

The preshow area once you're inside works well. I would have liked the screens to be a bit higher for the characters so that they could be seen if you're on the other side. Great writing though. We were on the second level and they apparently have one additional informational booth and an expanded Apu concession stand.

Once you're in the second preshow room before you board the laughs don't stop. I just wish they could have better soundproofed it as it was rocking all over the place.

The ride will take you by surprise. I don't want to give anything away. Everything leading up to it does not prepare you for it. Think Spiderman at IOA. I loved the water effects and the baby powder smell. Let's hope that the latter doesn't disappear after a few months. There were a couple of cringe worthy lines on par with Judi Dench over at SSE, but I've NEVER laughed so much on a ride. Good job and a great repeatability factor.

Whatever you do though, don't try to take photos or videos. They have no qualms stopping the ride and kicking you out. Not from personal experience, but from second-hand knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom