Heroes

Shaman

Ok, I admit it...this show has officially hooked me in.

This better give me answers! :lol:

So, the brother can gain the powers of OTHER "supers".
Who did the autopsy on the cheerleader???
I loved Hiro's new look...he definitely has the best power.

Me too...actually I was hooked during the explosion premonition....Super Hiro was awesome! I just hope they take this show in the right direction cause the chances of a show like this going in the wrong, cheesy direction is big....For now it ROCKS! :D

Lost is still better though. :lookaroun

dandaman

I have a feeling that the scientist's son (Can't remember his name)...has a special power too. That's why his dad started all of this research, he wanted to see if there were others that were "different" like his son.

Did they ever show the father's body? Any chance that his father could be Siler?

1. Scientist (Chandra Suresh)'s son is Mohinder.

2. It's Sylar according to TV captions. :lookaroun :wave:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I have a feeling that the scientist's son, Mohinder...has a special power too. That's why his dad, Chandra Suresh, started all of this research, he wanted to see if there were others that were "different" like his son.

Did they ever show the father's body? Any chance that his father could be Sylar?

Edited thanks to dandaman :D

dandaman

:lol:

Always glad to naggingly oblige. :lookaroun

Anyway, Global Television is the Canadian station that "bought" Heroes (i.e. CTV bought LOST). Both of 'em bite the dust, especially when it comes to cutting away at appropriate times. After a show, they'll cut back to the American network (usually), sometimes even 10 minutes before the American broadcast ends. :lol:

Just an observation: Sometimes, the Canadian networks show the program an hour or even a day before the American network. (Don't even get me started on the Grey's Anatomy season premiere mixup!)

In short, I hate Canadian TV, save for CBC comedies. I only mention this because they cut away last Tuesday at, "My name is Hiro Naka..." :brick:

Shaman

:lol:

Always glad to naggingly oblige. :lookaroun

Anyway, Global Television is the Canadian station that "bought" Heroes (i.e. CTV bought LOST). Both of 'em bite the dust, especially when it comes to cutting away at appropriate times. After a show, they'll cut back to the American network (usually), sometimes even 10 minutes before the American broadcast ends. :lol:

Just an observation: Sometimes, the Canadian networks show the program an hour or even a day before the American network. (Don't even get me started on the Grey's Anatomy season premiere mixup!)

In short, I hate Canadian TV, save for CBC comedies. I only mention this because they cut away last Tuesday at, "My name is Hiro Naka..." :brick:

You guys can't access nbc.com? I believe like ABC they show some of their shows online....

dandaman

Oh, sure, we can access any American site. (I watched the remaining 10 seconds of the episode on NBC. It cuts away before the American show ends, remember? :lol: )

Unfortunately, we (meaning I) can't tweak the system so I can watch the online episodes. Believe me, I've tried, especially with LOST. My IP apparently knows or something. :lookaroun

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

For me, it says "Only viewers within the United States can watch these full-length episodes." :(

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Next week's episode looks like it's going to be a good one...

She comes face to face...with herself :)

(That scar that Hiro mentioned...what are the chances he's going to use the Cheerleader's powers to remove it? ;) )

Shaman

So any chance the real villain here is Skyler (is that his/her name) and not the cheerleader's dad? :lookaroun

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Sunday night they ran a Heroes maraton here so we caught up with them I think but just didn't know its reg. night. Thanks for letting me know.:sohappy:

They definitely needed to because there is such a buzz right now (here anyways) and if you were to just jump into it now...you probably wouldn't like it. (Kinda how I feel with shows like Lost and Jericho...I wish I had started watching Jericho from the beginning...now I feel like it's pointless)

Do we even know who Sylar is?

That guy that "Hollow's Out" people may not be him. The father of the cheerleader may be Sylar.

Who knows...maybe it's the stripper's husband!

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Ya know...Sylar is the guy that the cop shot...and he got up and flew away right?

Well, I have an inkling that this "Sylar" guy is Peter. He seems to have all of the "Heroes'" powers and Peter can take on a Hero's powers by being near them. But, at the same time...Peter is just "learning" his ability...think about it...when Spider-man first learned his ability...he had trouble "controlling" it to a point where he could save the world. Now, what if Peter perfected his powers and could expand it so that it could span across a country? Sylar just may be Peter from the future. (Of course, then you'd have a paradox because two Peters can't be in the same time...I dunno, just a thought)

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
What ya'll think of yesterday's epi?

I thought it was pretty good....left me wanting more....

I thought last night's episode was one of the best yet. Last week's was pretty weak...it seemed like a lot of "filler" but last night's was great!

Shaman

I thought last night's episode was one of the best yet. Last week's was pretty weak...it seemed like a lot of "filler" but last night's was great!

I wish they would get the core group together already....I mean, isn't this suppose to be like X-Men? Honestly though...all the cutting to different people/stories/plots is a bit chaotic....

Next week should be interesting.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I wish they would get the core group together already....I mean, isn't this suppose to be like X-Men? Honestly though...all the cutting to different people/stories/plots is a bit chaotic....

Next week should be interesting.

It's all coming together......

I agree that the jumping from person to person is a bit chaotic...but at least the way they do it is cool.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I like this a little better than the X-Men.

Think about it...the X-Men were just a bunch of mutants that came to the school to get away from society and so they could "fit in"

In Heroes...they don't know that they're being brought together...but when they are...it'll be for a very important reason. Not "just to fit in."

Tigggrl

I kinda like the storylines taking turns, because it gives you a bit more time telling each story, and it lets you know what each member is doing at the same time.They are all coming together....slowly but surely! I LOVE this show!

Number_6

Ya know...Sylar is the guy that the cop shot...and he got up and flew away right?

Well, I have an inkling that this "Sylar" guy is Peter. He seems to have all of the "Heroes'" powers and Peter can take on a Hero's powers by being near them. But, at the same time...Peter is just "learning" his ability...think about it...when Spider-man first learned his ability...he had trouble "controlling" it to a point where he could save the world. Now, what if Peter perfected his powers and could expand it so that it could span across a country? Sylar just may be Peter from the future. (Of course, then you'd have a paradox because two Peters can't be in the same time...I dunno, just a thought)

That was an interesting theory at the time. But would Hiro of the future bother coming back to Peter and try to get him to "Save the Cheerleader" if he knows in the future who Sylar is? And since there was no massive paradoxical explosion last night, it's a pretty good bet that he's not future Peter, rather just another human with special abilities, including telekinesis.

Edit: At least that explains why the bullets didn't affect him... he pulled a Neo and stopped them before he was actually hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom