Hell 2, The Sequel - No more room in Hell

Irrawaddy Erik

MouseMadness said:
No! :mad: For your information, there are only THREE, hmph!
transparentraspberry.gif

Four! :lookaroun

Just trying to keep you all on your toes. :lookaroun
Good cover........

MouseMadness

LMAO Seriously, Leah's birthday was last Friday :eek: :lol:

*cough and mine is 2 weeks from tomorrow cough*

:lookaroun

*awaits the onslaught of gifts*

dandaman

Not because of the butter story (however intriguing it may seem), but I want a Premium Membership really bad. :cry:

Some of you may know why I can't get one, though...

dandaman

MouseMadness said:

*sends lots of oyster crackers and old Hickory Farms Christmas packages*

MouseMadness

dandaman said:
Not because of the butter story (however intriguing it may seem), but I want a Premium Membership really bad. :cry:

Some of you may know why I can't get one, though...

Hmmm... most of the time, the reason is money. Is yours something different? :lookaroun Because that would be weird. :lookaroun

:p

Thanks for the oyster crackers and... leftover sausage. :lookaroun :hurl: :lol:

Erik! Who told? (Leah asked for a new baby yesterday. And she wasn't referring to the plastic kind that comes in a box :eek: )

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:

*plans birthday thread* :lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
We went to dinner tonight and did an early celebration of Ryan's birthday Tuesday and Linda started to talk about how awkward we were when we first brought him home and were trying to figure out how to change diapers.

She told him about how I was always paranoid about getting peed on, so I would have his fresh diaper all ready and throw it over him as soon as I got the old one off.

"Yep, you never peed on me.":king: I said proudly.

"It's never too late, you know." He replied.:eek: :lookaroun

Now I'm afraid to go to sleep on our upcoming trip to Disney World.:lookaroun

Shaman

We went to dinner tonight and did an early celebration of Ryan's birthday Tuesday and Linda started to talk about how awkward we were when we first brought him home and were trying to figure out how to change diapers.

She told him about how I was always paranoid about getting peed on, so I would have his fresh diaper all ready and throw it over him as soon as I got the old one off.

"Yep, you never peed on me.":king: I said proudly.

"It's never too late, you know." He replied.:eek: :lookaroun

Now I'm afraid to go to sleep on our upcoming trip to Disney World.:lookaroun

Already, I can't wait for the trip report!! So how 'bout a pre-trip report? :lookaroun

HELL THREAD!!! :sohappy::lookaroun:lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Is everybody ready for a "Garyhoov being outsmarted by a mouse" story?

About a month ago, Ryan got a pet mouse from a friend (working name: Calico Colored Mouse after the Calico Colored Guinea Pig that eats the guy's liver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuYZxTFo18 ):lookaroun

This morning, he wasn't in his cage. We caught a few glimpses of him running under things and spent several comical hours chasing after him - once coming as close as getting him into a box, but, when Linda tried to take him from the box to the cage, he jumped for it and scurried away.

By one O'clock (I know the time, because I was just getting ready to relax and watch the Eagles game), I decided to go to the grocery store to see if they had any of those "Have-a-Heart" traps that you can use to catch and release mice.

They didn't have any, but the did have some glue strips that you can use to catch mice or rats. I knew, at the time, it might be a mistake, but Linda had to run into work, so she wasn't able to tell me how big of an idiot I was being.

I burst into the house shouting to Ryan: "Now we have technology on our side. We will use our vastly superior brain power." I think, but I can't be quite sure, that I heard a squeaky "guffaw" coming from someplace upstairs as I made the pronouncement.

I put some food in the middle of each of the strips and set them up in the areas we had seen him last.

Within 10 minutes, he was stuck to one of the boards. I took the board to his cage and - ever so gently, mind you - tried to lift him away from the glue.

Well apparently he didn't find it as gentle as I hoped, because he bit into my index finger and latched . . . and when I say latched, I mean LATCHED on. He just wouldn't let go, and, fearing for the mouse . . . and admittedly giving some consideration for chunk of my flesh he had in his mouth . . . I held pretty much still rather than trying to pull him off. He held on for about 10 seconds . . . or a week (it was a bit difficult to tell the difference) and finally let go.

I ran to Ryan's bathroom and watched large amounts of my blood flowing into his sink as I thought to myself: "I really could have used some of that blood . . . quite handy for carrying oxygen to vital organs etc."

Anyway . . . I decided lifting him off might not be best, so I flipped the board over so he as dangling into his cage. His hind legs were stuck, but his front legs were free, and I was hoping, with the help of gravity, he might be able to work himself free.

We watched him for several minutes, and he was stretching and grabbing onto the bars, but couldn't seem to get free. Ryan suggest that we could use water to loosen the glue. I didn't think that would work, but, being a professional in the field of adhesives, I decided that heating the adhesive should reduce the strength and viscosity of the adhesive which, I assumed, was a low molecular weight, un-crosslinked polyurethane or some similar material.

. . . so there I was, a professional in the field of adhesives holding a hair-dryer close to a plastic board that held a mouse dangling from his hind legs.

After 5 minutes or so, Ryan said something along the lines of: "This is probably sort of stupid." I would have argued with him, but I have a very small brain, and it wasn't quite able to formulate a properly intelligent response.

I gave up on the hair-dryer and found a pencil that fit between the bars. I positioned the pencil and . . . ever so carefully so as to avoid hurting his tiny mouse testicles, I worked at prying him loose.

SUCCESS!! I was able to free him, and latch the cage shut and wrap a twist tie around the latch to prevent him from opening it (we assumed thats how he had gotten out ).

So I was pretty pleased with that . . .

Until about an hour or so later when I peaked in . . . AND SAW THAT HE WASN'T IN THE CAGE ANYMORE.:brick:

I still have no idea how he got out. The twist tie is still securely in place. The door couldn't have been opened more than a 16th of an inch without breaking or removing the twist-tie. The cage otherwise seemed solid and secure.:veryconfu

And that's were we stand. I've pretty much decided this is a demon mouse from Hell :fork: and left it at that. If you read about the police finding our dead and mutilated bodies . . .

. . . what's that noise?:lookaroun

Uponastar

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First, let me say I'm sorry about your injury.

Really, I am.
And when I stop laughing, I'll be properly concerned.

figmentmom

Is everybody ready for a "Garyhoov being outsmarted by a mouse" story?

About a month ago, Ryan got a pet mouse from a friend (working name: Calico Colored Mouse after the Calico Colored Guinea Pig that eats the guy's liver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuYZxTFo18 ):lookaroun

This morning, he wasn't in his cage. We caught a few glimpses of him running under things and spent several comical hours chasing after him - once coming as close as getting him into a box, but, when Linda tried to take him from the box to the cage, he jumped for it and scurried away.

By one O'clock (I know the time, because I was just getting ready to relax and watch the Eagles game), I decided to go to the grocery store to see if they had any of those "Have-a-Heart" traps that you can use to catch and release mice.

They didn't have any, but the did have some glue strips that you can use to catch mice or rats. I knew, at the time, it might be a mistake, but Linda had to run into work, so she wasn't able to tell me how big of an idiot I was being.

I burst into the house shouting to Ryan: "Now we have technology on our side. We will use our vastly superior brain power." I think, but I can't be quite sure, that I heard a squeaky "guffaw" coming from someplace upstairs as I made the pronouncement.

I put some food in the middle of each of the strips and set them up in the areas we had seen him last.

Within 10 minutes, he was stuck to one of the boards. I took the board to his cage and - ever so gently, mind you - tried to lift him away from the glue.

Well apparently he didn't find it as gentle as I hoped, because he bit into my index finger and latched . . . and when I say latched, I mean LATCHED on. He just wouldn't let go, and, fearing for the mouse . . . and admittedly giving some consideration for chunk of my flesh he had in his mouth . . . I held pretty much still rather than trying to pull him off. He held on for about 10 seconds . . . or a week (it was a bit difficult to tell the difference) and finally let go.

I ran to Ryan's bathroom and watched large amounts of my blood flowing into his sink as I thought to myself: "I really could have used some of that blood . . . quite handy for carrying oxygen to vital organs etc."

Anyway . . . I decided lifting him off might not be best, so I flipped the board over so he as dangling into his cage. His hind legs were stuck, but his front legs were free, and I was hoping, with the help of gravity, he might be able to work himself free.

We watched him for several minutes, and he was stretching and grabbing onto the bars, but couldn't seem to get free. Ryan suggest that we could use water to loosen the glue. I didn't think that would work, but, being a professional in the field of adhesives, I decided that heating the adhesive should reduce the strength and viscosity of the adhesive which, I assumed, was a low molecular weight, un-crosslinked polyurethane or some similar material.

. . . so there I was, a professional in the field of adhesives holding a hair-dryer close to a plastic board that held a mouse dangling from his hind legs.

After 5 minutes or so, Ryan said something along the lines of: "This is probably sort of stupid." I would have argued with him, but I have a very small brain, and it wasn't quite able to formulate a properly intelligent response.

I gave up on the hair-dryer and found a pencil that fit between the bars. I positioned the pencil and . . . ever so carefully so as to avoid hurting his tiny mouse testicles, I worked at prying him loose.

SUCCESS!! I was able to free him, and latch the cage shut and wrap a twist tie around the latch to prevent him from opening it (we assumed thats how he had gotten out ).

So I was pretty pleased with that . . .

Until about an hour or so later when I peaked in . . . AND SAW THAT HE WASN'T IN THE CAGE ANYMORE.:brick:

I still have no idea how he got out. The twist tie is still securely in place. The door couldn't have been opened more than a 16th of an inch without breaking or removing the twist-tie. The cage otherwise seemed solid and secure.:veryconfu

And that's were we stand. I've pretty much decided this is a demon mouse from Hell :fork: and left it at that. If you read about the police finding our dead and mutilated bodies . . .

. . . what's that noise?:lookaroun

OMG, Gary, I can just SEE all of this...:lol: Of course, you realize that now, he's loose, he's hungry, and he's

ANGRY!!!

Ain't it grand to be back in Hell?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
. . . and . . .

. . . I have triumphed.:king:

Linda saw Calico Colored Mouse running around our bedroom, so I hearded him into the bathroom: Where he had no escape routes and limited places to hide.

So, with superior brain power (and a bodyweight of several thousand times more:lookaroun ), man CAN triumph over mouse.*

*as long as there are at least three humans. Don't try this at home, these are trained professionals. Lease price based on 300% of purchase price down, offer subject to withdrawel if customer does not take delivery during a complete solar eclipse. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Kinda reminds me of this story :lol: :
foxnews said:
FORT SUMNER, N.M. — A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

popsicletrees

Well I do hope that you catch the mouse and secure him in his cage for good. For laughs though, here is another story of why glue traps are not a good idea:

About six years ago my exbrother-in-law got a kitten a month before Christmas. We had a large family gather on Christmas Eve, and he and my sister were staying downstairs in our guest bedroom. Our guest bedroom was my bedroom until a lizard jumped out at me from a pile of clothes one day. After that I moved upstairs. Dad put glue traps down in dark places around the guest bedroom and den area, after about three months of no lizard he picked up all the glue traps. Well I was in the den playing video games, my exbrother-in-law was playing pool, and the kitten goes exploring around the couch. We heard this absolutely awful noise from behind the couch. Dad had forgotten to get the glue trap behind the couch, and the kitten found it! It was like the kitten sat in the glue trap. My exbrother-in-law was so mad. I tried to muffle my laughter until he left the room. We ended up shaving the kitten's tail that night to set it free. Glue traps have not been in our house since.

figmentmom

Kinda reminds me of this story :
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews
FORT SUMNER, N.M. — A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

You know what, though, I CRIED when I thought about that poor mouse. That guy deserved to have his house burn down. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom