Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Do "Butera" stores still exsisit?

I remember I would always have to walk to the one at Elston and Avers Ave..(about around that area) to get somthing my parents needed for dinner or whatever... I HATED having to walk there in the winter... Brrrrrr F- F- F- Freezing. Not to mention everyone drives crazy on Elston...so crossing the street was like a deadly game of human Frogger. :lol:

DisneyCP2000

Butera...wow it's been a long time since i've seen one of those.

Does anyone recall:
A&P
Pharmor
McDades
Auchan (they opened on the SW only to close it a couple of years later)
Omni (another version of Domincks)

...all gone now :(

jeffs10

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
Butera...wow it's been a long time since i've seen one of those.

Does anyone recall:
A&P
Pharmor
McDades
Auchan (they opened on the SW only to close it a couple of years later)
Omni (another version of Domincks)

...all gone now :(

I remember Omni There used to be a big one in the suburbs round lake beach. use to shop there all the time

Nansafan

Regarding Butera, I don't know how many are left but I do know of at least one. There is a Butera on the corner of Gunnison (some people think it's Lawrence Avenue but at that point it's really Gunnison) and Narragansett in Chicago, across the street from the Ridgemoor Country Club. This is on the Chicago/Harwood Heights/Norridge border. For those of you in the Chicago metro area, I work for Gonnella Bread, as does my husband. Omni was Dominick's attempt to compete with Cub Foods. Around the time Dominick's was purchased by Safeway, that's when the Omni Stores were closed.

EpcoTim

That Chicago list is great, they need to change the empire thing though, cause they use that same number and ad campaign in detroit and a few other cities. And since ive left chicago, i still find myself saying "northside" even to those who would have no clue. Also, they need to add one about sluggers after a game, and one going way out of ones way to get to a portillos.

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by EpcoTim
... and one going way out of ones way to get to a portillos.

Hey ya northsider :drevil: :wave: :

My dad introduced me to the place a couple years ago and I've been addicted to it since. I even got it catered for our company Xmas party :lol:. I used to have to travel 40 minutes away for one but now there's a new one just a few miles away. :sohappy: .

Go SW side :lol: !

EpcoTim

BOOOOO GO CUBS!!!!

Ive been hooked on portillos since i was a kid, man is it good though. the company itself i question, but not the food. :)

Erika

BOOOOO GO CUBS!!!!

Ive been hooked on portillos since i was a kid, man is it good though. the company itself i question, but not the food. :)

I love their fries :slurp:

Have you tried the chocolate cake? Best I've had anywhere. The lemon isn't bad either!

DMC-12

Portillos does rock! I love there hot dogs, the beef and chedder croissant hot sammich (is my fav!), and the big bowls of freezing cold beer (schooner).

Erika, there cake does rock... :slurp: Have you had there snickers cheesecake yet? Yum! :slurp:

EpcoTim

the choclate cake is good, buti can only have about 2 bites because its so rich, and Im also scared of going into a sugar induced eppileptic fit.

SamatBCV

Woodridge here (near Naperville but not as much money).

Nothing beats the Portillos Itallian beef with Mozz and a large fry.

:sohappy:

DMC-12

Originally posted by SamatBCV
Woodridge here (near Naperville but not as much money).
:sohappy:

Hi There! I love your Sams Club there in Woodridge... best one in the burbs I think :D

I used to love to go out for drinks, at some Pizza place there in Woodridge ....on 75th... Nonnies? I think (dunno if its there anymore)... Great Pizza... nice bartenders to :lol: :)

EchoOfOphelia

This list is so funny!!!

1. The "Living Room" is called the "front room"
---To the person who said that we also pronounce it as "fron chroom" that is histarical!! My future mother-in-law says that and it drives me crazy!!! I prefer living room myself :)

3. You measure distance in minutes (especially "from the city"). And you swear everything is pretty much 15 minutes away.
---That's the only way I know how :lol:

7. You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
---I've done it all this week!!

8. Stores don't have sacks, they have bags.
---I've never called it a sack... that's just wrong LOL

9. You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?" or "If you go to the mall I wanna go with."
---Oh I'm so ashamed!!! I've said these things!!!

10. Your idea of a great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun, "everything" is on it and a slice of dill pickle is on the side.
---Mmmmm, dill pickle *drools*

11. You carry jumper cables in your car.
---Doesn't everybody? :lol:

12. You drink "pop."
---That's one thing I will never call it, its SODA people!

15. You refer to anything South of I-80 as "Southern Illinois".
---LMAO My mother lives JUST south of I-80 and when people ask where she lives I just always say "down south" LOL LOL LOL

22. You think 35 degrees is great weather to wash your car!
---I've done it too! You've gotta learn to dry REALLY fast! :)

28. You have ridden the "L".
---Yep...there's some SCARY people on the L

29. You can distinguish between the following area codes: 847, 630, 773, 708, 312, &815
--- :) There's just too many now!!

This is a great list, thanks for sharing!!!

SamatBCV

Originally posted by DMC-12
Hi There! I love your Sams Club there in Woodridge... best one in the burbs I think :D

I used to love to go out for drinks, at some Pizza place there in Woodridge ....on 75th... Nonnies? I think (dunno if its there anymore)... Great Pizza... nice bartenders to :lol: :)

Hey DMC,
Nonnies is pretty good, but I like Papa's better over on Janes and 83rd. My second home is at the Home Depot next to that Sam's Club. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom