Have any of the characters "hit" on you or your significant other?

janni518

I think pretty much every member of our party got "flirted" with at one time or another. Actually my overweight balding FIL seemed to get it the worst. Probably because he loved playing along and is a big loud mouthed guy from Queeens NY. (I don't mean that in a negative way, just that a lot of people stopped to watch, which is I'm sure the whole point.)

My daughter got attention a lot too, but the characters seemed sensitive to the fact that my youngest boy is very shy and acted accordingly.

DisneyBride94

Minnie has flirted with hubby... while Mickey's back was turned...but when I joked with her about it, she put her hands over her mouth and gestured for me to be quiet about it!!!

Minnie is also quite smitten with my littlest son... and he is most enamored of her as well.

Capt. Jack Sparrow came over and put his arm around me and asked me if I'd ever been to Tortuga... I should have slipped him my room card!!! *THUD*

Churro_Jet

All the characters tend to play around like that...and uhmm you dont seriously think your going to lose your GF to mickey mouse do you? -_-...Come on now, they try to have some fun and maybe mickey did it on purpose to make ya jealous. trust me if you trust your girlfriend she won't go off with a Mouse o_O!':dazzle: :lookaroun

MY_NAME_STITCH

My wife and I were in EPCOT where Max flirted with her big time. He dipped her as if they were going to kiss. We had given the cm our camera to take pictures for us, and they got some great shots of his flirtatious behavior. I think it was the best photos that she has ever taken. We still laugh about her boyfriend Max and her future father-in-law Goofy. :lol:

WDWJenn

My DH2B propsed to be in front of the castle with a Mickey ring he secretly picked up on Main St. We got "Magical Moments" buttons to wear and those buttons lead to questions....which lead to me showing Mickey that I had "his" ring as my engagement ring.

So Mickey proceded to get down on one knee and "ask me to marry him" and then he kissed my hand and my cheek. I had to turn him down though. He seemed a little crushed but... I'm sure he got over it. LOL It wouldn't have worked out anyway. Minnie could totally beat me up. Honeymooning in the Cinderella suite would've been nice though.

Also there was a moment when Chip and Dale fought over me. I LOVED IT!!!

Latter my sweetie propsed to Ariel...while I pouted and fumed for the photographer at the grotto. CLASSIC!!! For the record she said no... woo hoo for me.

Yoop33

Original Poster
Well at least now I have some funny things to say back to the characters. And I hope you guys dont think I am over reacting as some of you have made it out to sound like I am. I know it is all good fun but I was just seeing if anyone else sometimes thought the characters might go a little over board thats all.
Thanks for the comments.

WDWFigment

Well at least now I have some funny things to say back to the characters. And I hope you guys dont think I am over reacting as some of you have made it out to sound like I am. I know it is all good fun but I was just seeing if anyone else sometimes thought the characters might go a little over board thats all.
Thanks for the comments.

Nah, definitely not overreacting (I don't know if you thought I was suggesting that, but I was kidding based on that other poster's overboard attack of you). Now it would be overreacting if you punched one of the characters, but I don't think that's what you plan on doing. Just joke back with them. If Mickey hits on your girlfriend, hit on Minnie (presuming she's with him). Just make it into something fun!

kennyj29

I have to be honest Yoop, I had an incident with a friends son that chip and dale shoved a donut in his mouth and he has diabetes! Honestly, they should be careful with stuff like that. I know they had no idea but you don't know, so that's something they should be a little more careful with. Then we went down with my cousins one time and the whole week the characters were after my neice. She's a real pretty girl. It was all fun and we were having a great time but Eeyore got a little too friendly if you know what I mean and my neice wasn't too happy about it. She shrugged it off and we left but I can tell you it wasn't a normal fooling around.

Sherrybaby

Heck whenever I get close to one of the charachters they seem to always want to act like they want to fight as I am a pretty intimidating looking guy so I tend to play along.Heck even the "Tour Guide" on the Jungle Cruise generally seem to pick me out and taunt me.I personally love it as everyone around enjoys it and laughs at my "expense".Thats what were here for is to enjoy ourselves.Heck take the charachters as complimenting you on your choice as they probablly think your gf is attractive.

So does that mean that "attractive" people get more attention from the characters than people who are not "attractive"? If so, that's not really fair. I think all people should be treated the same, no matter what they look like. I think it's inappropriate for a group of people waiting in line to see a character watch that character "hit" on that person and then just give the next person in line the usual "hurry up and let's take a picture" treatment.

That being said, I'm not boasting but I'm a pretty attractive lady and have been "hit on" by almost every "male" character that I have had a picture taken with. Capt Hook and Smee were especially attentive. Truthfully, at the time I wondered what the next people after me thought when all they got was the posed picture after I got such attention.

Again, just because some people happen to have good genes should not mean more attention from the characters. (But we know this is the world we live in--but that does NOT mean Disney should condone it).

.....and on another note--I would suspect that the people UNDER the costumes are not always "attractive" either. So maybe this is the only time they can get away with "hitting on" attractive people.

In any case, I think it's really kind of icky.

Sherry

mr alecshawn

So does that mean that "attractive" people get more attention from the characters than people who are not "attractive"? If so, that's not really fair. I think all people should be treated the same, no matter what they look like. I think it's inappropriate for a group of people waiting in line to see a character watch that character "hit" on that person and then just give the next person in line the usual "hurry up and let's take a picture" treatment.

That being said, I'm not boasting but I'm a pretty attractive lady and have been "hit on" by almost every "male" character that I have had a picture taken with. Capt Hook and Smee were especially attentive. Truthfully, at the time I wondered what the next people after me thought when all they got was the posed picture after I got such attention.

Again, just because some people happen to have good genes should not mean more attention from the characters. (But we know this is the world we live in--but that does NOT mean Disney should condone it).

.....and on another note--I would suspect that the people UNDER the costumes are not always "attractive" either. So maybe this is the only time they can get away with "hitting on" attractive people.

Sherry
First of all..Beauty is skin deep. However, Ugly is to the bone. It is a fact of life that ugly people wont get "hit" on or get other perks in life. Thats just the way it is. Get over it. If i were a character the last thing i would want to do is have to hug an ugly fat fellow or lady. The smell alone would get ya!:eek:

nighttimewisher

I think the Queen of Hearts held her hand out for me to kiss in SpectroMagic lol.

Oh and Meg thought I was "perving" over her during the Stars and Motor Cars parade! My camera wouldnt go off so I kept moving my camera in time with the car and she gave me a sort of dirty look while getting Herc's attention :eek: :(

Kerby626

I had to dish out some pain to Baloo in AK a few years ago. He kept trying to take my wife's wedding ring....He had to pay....

Hrudey3032

Sherry

I wasnt trying to say the Characters were hitting only on people with good genes but we all know in our society alot of times people judge someone else by their looks.This gentleman said his gf was being hit on by the characters and so I stated that he should take it as a compliment.I am not the ripped chisseled man and i still get the attention from the characters and cast members(alot of times I am there with my Indpls Colts clothes on and its playoff time in the NFL so I get ragged on due to my support of a team I take it all in stride and give it back to enjoy the whole experience of it)

I should have chosen how to word it better but hindsight is 20/20 :shrug:

As far as being hit on, no one here. But I Have noticed a lot of Dads with thier kids in the lines to meet Ariel and Jasmine. Just an observation.

Yoop33

Original Poster
Nah, definitely not overreacting (I don't know if you thought I was suggesting that, but I was kidding based on that other poster's overboard attack of you). Now it would be overreacting if you punched one of the characters, but I don't think that's what you plan on doing. Just joke back with them. If Mickey hits on your girlfriend, hit on Minnie (presuming she's with him). Just make it into something fun!

lol PUnching one of the characters it out of the question.. I am a pretty big guy so most of them will come up to me acting like they wanna fight or flex their muscles. That is when I giggle the most. lol

caitiesus

I wish that had happened on the last trip! Knowing me and my boyfriend we would have played along.

The one weird thing was he was giving me a hug before illuminations started and an actual cast member came up to us and hugged us...

I wish that had happened on the last trip! Knowing me and my boyfriend we would have played along.

The one weird thing was he was giving me a hug before illuminations started and an actual cast member came up to us and hugged us...

thats actually pretty creeptastic. i would have been very awkwarded out (and yes im aware of the unusual amount of made up words)

also, is your name Caitie? Because then from one Caitie to another, way to spell it right! :wave:

TheBeatles

When I went with an ex girlfriend in 2005, many of them hit on her. They would come from out of nowhere and hug her and make kissing noises and moan. Tigger from Crystal Palace was the worst.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom