Haunted Mansion Refurbishment News!

iheartdisney91

i hope that they dont chnage the bride like a dl shes a classic and shes not supposed to be scary. however i heard rumors that leota will lift off her table and do her seace....

Kaertos

As someone who only gets to go to WDW once every few years (if I am lucky), I have to say that I dislike the whole HMH idea. When I go, I want to ride HM, not something that resembles the HM even if it is a great ride. Will I like HMH? Probably, it sounds amazing. Will I be disappointed I didn;t get to ride my favorite attraction at WDW? Certainly. And who knows when I'll be able to make it back?

beyondthepalace

I would like to see Disney figure out a alternative maybe to those screens in the Graveyard. Having them visible is turning a great show scene into a not so believable one.

I would like to see Disney figure out a alternative maybe to those screens in the Graveyard. Having them visible is turning a great show scene into a not so believable one.

This is something I always complain about each spin through the mansion. The screen looks so dusty and old that it distracts the viewer from some of the fine detail that lies behind it. In some areas, the screen is even sagging, causing ripples and folds in what is supposesed to be a skin tight, unsightly prop. (Bad show..BAADDD show!)

I would like to see the HMH makeover make its way to WDW, but I woudlnt be distraught if it was never realized. My main concern, dream, wish, DEMAND is a massive refurb of the harshly aging dark ride masterpiece.

meryll83

I unfortunatly don't! If I had to guess tho it would be around the first or second week of may. The only reason why I say this is becuase of what they have planed (or so I have been told) they need to have alot done befor september 29th.

Why does it have to be done by Sept 29th?

Montu

i hope that they dont chnage the bride like a dl shes a classic and shes not supposed to be scary. however i heard rumors that leota will lift off her table and do her seace....

You realize that's not the original bride, and that it's only been there for a handful of years? So how is it a "classic" ?

Montu

As someone who only gets to go to WDW once every few years (if I am lucky), I have to say that I dislike the whole HMH idea. When I go, I want to ride HM, not something that resembles the HM even if it is a great ride. Will I like HMH? Probably, it sounds amazing. Will I be disappointed I didn;t get to ride my favorite attraction at WDW? Certainly. And who knows when I'll be able to make it back?

See, the beautiful thing here is that October, November and December come in the SAME PART OF THE CALENDAR every single year. If you want to see Haunted Mansion, then DON'T PLAN YOUR TRIP in one of the months that you would *KNOW* far in advance will feature the Holiday overlay.

This theory of "I only come once in a while" is total bull. It's been used many times in the past by others as well. Why would you drop thousands of dollars without doing a minimal amount of research first? It's not like the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is a SURPRISE, it's not like it JUST HAPPENS without knowing about it. No one says you have to like it, but don't use lame self-centered excuses to defend not having it. There's almost nine months of the year that Haunted Mansion would have nothing to do with the Nightmare Before Christmas. If you book a vacation in the *three* that have the overlay, it's no one's fault but your own.

Harsh? You may think so - I completely disagree. I see it as realistic.

Denscott

See, the beautiful thing here is that October, November and December come in the SAME PART OF THE CALENDAR every single year. If you want to see Haunted Mansion, then DON'T PLAN YOUR TRIP in one of the months that you would *KNOW* far in advance will feature the Holiday overlay.

This theory of "I only come once in a while" is total bull. It's been used many times in the past by others as well. Why would you drop thousands of dollars without doing a minimal amount of research first? It's not like the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is a SURPRISE, it's not like it JUST HAPPENS without knowing about it. No one says you have to like it, but don't use lame self-centered excuses to defend not having it. There's almost nine months of the year that Haunted Mansion would have nothing to do with the Nightmare Before Christmas. If you book a vacation in the *three* that have the overlay, it's no one's fault but your own.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I see it as harsh and rude. I don't know about your financial status but we have been saving for 2 years for a trip that is STILL 2 years away! And the fall/early December weeks is when we will be going because the crowds are smaller and the prices cheaper and the weather less hot. Plus, I, like alot of people, do not have the benefit of choosing anytime of the year for a lengthy vacation. We must take what we can and for you to decry people who scrap and save for these months is incredibly rude and self-centered...must be nice to be able to plunk down the coin and take the time off whenever you like...wish I had that option but I don't and probably never will.

Imagine a family from Europe, South America, Australia, etc. that has to fork over thousands in just airfare to fly to Orlando and NEVER having a chance to see the true HM as it was meant to be seen?

Personally I have absolutely NO interest in see the HM with an unpopular, cultish movie overlay for the prime season when most people on a budget can afford to go. Disneyland, as mentioned before, must do these stunts to keep local interest and attract season ticket holders. The Worls is a different beast with a much worldly tourist base than DL.

I say keep it away from WDW

nerdboyrockstar

I agree with Montu.. just a few months ago I had to move my trip around refurbishments. You have to do what you have to do.

But in December, I moved my trip from WDW to DL in order to experience Haunted Mansion Holiday.

I don't think it has anything to do with money because.. I have none. lol

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In the end I think it will all come down to money. If a HM overlay will bring in enough extra guests to justify the expense then you can bet it will happen at WDW. Judging by the fact that DL has had the overlay for years and WDW has not it would be pretty safe to assume that the numbers aren't their to make it a good investment. DL and WDW each have a very different customer base so what works to bring in more people at DL won't necessarily bring them in at WDW.

Buried20KLeague

Montu - Usually I'm on board with what you have to say, but this one's a little short-sighted. :rolleyes:

I don't believe the problem is the overlay. It's the time it takes to put it up and take it down. ALMOST TWO MONTHS OF THE YEAR! That's a little under 17% of the year that a major, marquee, e-ticket attraction with a huge reputation is closed. Not overlayed, just straight up CLOSED. Why do you think our HM is in such bad shape already??? Because to this point they haven't wanted to take it down for a very long period of time. The only reason this conversation is happening is because it's in such disrepair they're getting to where they HAVE to close it. There are no other options. But to close it yearly is begging for massive, massive guest complaints. I'm convinced it's about this, and not the actual overlay, that has kept Jack out of our HM.

And I understand your point that if some research were done, people would find this out. But come on. Let's be honest. The common person visits Disney very infrequently. They're not the people on these boards. They're not the ones with the finger on the pulse like we are. Attraction closures (for lengthy rehabs) probably aren't on the mind of Average Joe Tourist. It's all well and good that they should understand these things are required at times, but not all apparently agree with that... Or we wouldn't have our HM falling apart as much as it is right now because they'd be staying on top of it.

Main Street USA

And you can speak for everyone, too? I'm coming from across the country next month and without the Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's a Small World Holiday overlays at Disney World, it's going to feel like something is missing. Maybe that's only because I'm one of them Disneyland "locals." I seriously disagree that people coming to Disney World wouldn't appreciate the occasional overlay to classic attractions...if they're done well. And, those two attractions are amazing. I certainly think they're both a thousand times better than that Pirates change...and unfortunately, that's permanent. The nice part about an overlay is that if you're one of those odd people that hate it, it will go away after the Christmas season ends. Visit then and allow the rest of us to enjoy our overlays. Frankly, I think they would only increase attendance...especially amongst the WDW annual passholders who want to see something new (and proven impressive). But that's just me. And I speak only for me...and maybe for some of the trees.
I stopped reading after the first sentence of your post, because you don't understand well.

I responded to a post that said this:

"The only people who dislike Haunted Mansion Holiday are people who have never actually experienced the attraction for themselves."

That merits a response of "you can speak for everyone?" because he SPOKE FOR EVERYONE.

Nothing I wrote even remotely implied I was speaking for annyone but myself, genius. Read next time..........then post.

Main Street USA

Sometimes people don't have the lucury to pick what week they can vacation. You must have a lot of money lying around, have no children, and not work to have this mentality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom