Haunted Mansion Refurbishment News!

lazidazi07

NO! Not May! Refurb, yes. May, no! It will be my first time in 5 years to ride it again, and my bf's first ever. ...:cry:

-prays its simply a rumor-

DisneyMusician2

AWESOME! Looking forward a rehab. I hope they redo some of the audio, it's sometimes really difficult to hear. But I hope they don't do anything with the stretch rooms. They are always my favorite part of the ride.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
AWESOME! Looking forward a rehab. I hope they redo some of the audio, it's sometimes really difficult to hear. But I hope they don't do anything with the stretch rooms. They are always my favorite part of the ride.
*If* they are indeed doing HMH the audio system would need a huge overhall.

TP2000

WDW has completely different demographics than DL does, and shutting down one of the biggest attractions in the park for a few weeks before and after Christmas (during Halloween) would probably cause a lot of problems with guest complaints.

You couldn't pick a less crowded time for a HMH rehab it you tried, and your dates are a little off.

Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland is themed to both Halloween and Christmas. So that means it is an attraction that is offered for the full Halloween and Christmas seasons. In both Anaheim and Tokyo the Haunted Mansion is closed for the last 3 weeks in September to install the Holiday show, and the last 3 weeks in January to take it out and put back the original Show. September and January are two of the slowest months of the year, and the HMH rehabs mesh perfectly with this.

Not to mention the fact that for the three months that HMH does operate it generates crowds and lines and customer interest easily three times as big as the regular old circa 1969 Haunted Mansion does the rest of the year. Haunted Mansion on a busy Saturday in July = 10 minute wait. Haunted Mansion Holiday on a busy Saturday in October = 60 minute wait.

If this rumor is true, it's very good news for the WDW version of Haunted Mansion. On my last visit that was one of the worst E Tickets I went on. Compared to Disneyland it was so horribly maintained and in such pitiful condition that I was embarassed for the CM's that had to work there. Really sad. :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mind you I have never seen the HMH in person, and was totally against it three years ago until I heard the soundtrack from it. The soundtrack is really cool, and I have a feeling I would actually enjoy it when or if I ever get to see it.

I would actually like to see Disney take another crack at doing a movie about the attraction and do more of a serious storyline versus the cruddy story line with Eddie Murphy. Maybe the success of the POTC movies will convince Disney to take their attraction related movies a bit more serious.

PaisleyMF

This was interesting to me. i would love to hear some insight into this if you know any. Thanks.

Disney World is far more a Tourist place to go that to go over California. Remember over WDW are 4 theme parks, 2 Water parks, a shopping / dinning district and a night time district.

Disneyland only has 2 theme parks and an shopping / dinning area. It is more visited by locals and seasonals that tourist. Remember they need to stay or drive from LA to go to Disney if they are visiting Hollywood or Universal. Also from Long Beach.

mkepcotmgmak

Disney World is far more a Tourist place to go that to go over California. Remember over WDW are 4 theme parks, 2 Water parks, a shopping / dinning district and a night time district.

Disneyland only has 2 theme parks and an shopping / dinning area. It is more visited by locals and seasonals that tourist. Remember they need to stay or drive from LA to go to Disney if they are visiting Hollywood or Universal. Also from Long Beach.

yeah - i did the whole disneyland resort/hollywood/LA/santa monica pier thing last year - and it's no WDW. DL was great - but you can't make a week out of it near as well as you can wdw :) (and hollywood, santa monica and LA were not worth going back, to me.)

TP2000

Mind you I have never seen the HMH in person, and was totally against it three years ago until I heard the soundtrack from it. The soundtrack is really cool, and I have a feeling I would actually enjoy it when or if I ever get to see it.

The only people who dislike Haunted Mansion Holiday are people who have never actually experienced the attraction for themselves. :cool:

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Man you guys are so daft. The "new resident" the OP is refering to is Hatbox Ghost who is also returning to Disneyland soon. Hopefully we will also get a new bride (but a different one then Disneyland got) and new leota room.

Also, could someone please list the new changes made to the Tokyo Haunted Mansion?? I was unaware there were any changes to it.

Main Street USA

The only people who dislike Haunted Mansion Holiday are people who have never actually experienced the attraction for themselves. :cool:
Really, you can speak for everyone?

I've seen it, and it doesn't belong in WDW. It may be kinda cool, but people who come once a year want to see the real thing, not a movie makeover. A large part of the people who pass through the gates of DL are locals. Big difference.

wesTcoastY

(and hollywood, santa monica and LA were not worth going back, to me.)

OUCH, turn that knife some more, still some blood left in me. Just kidding. You may not be able to make a "Disney" vacation last for a week, but you can certainly a week if not more visiting other attractions in SoCal.

Santa Monica and LA are a bit tired as far as vacationing goes. Its one of those places where checking out the off the beaten path fun and funky places that will really make the trip there. Now, San Diego...NOTHING BETTER!!!!!!:p

wesTcoastY

I've seen it, and it doesn't belong in WDW. It may be kinda cool, but people who come once a year want to see the real thing, not a movie makeover. A large part of the people who pass through the gates of DL are locals. Big difference.

I saw the HMH two weeks ago and frickin' loved it. I was so surprised to see that Disney was doing something that to me seemed quite hip. When i went to WDW 4 days later, it was cool that the haunted mansion was the normal ride. But I think I prefer the normal mansion at Disneyland to the WDW version...but it was still awesome.

Oh yeah, the WDW version was having SERIOUS audio issues. Hope they get that under control

Main Street USA

I saw the HMH two weeks ago and frickin' loved it. I was so surprised to see that Disney was doing something that to me seemed quite hip. When i went to WDW 4 days later, it was cool that the haunted mansion was the normal ride. But I think I prefer the normal mansion at Disneyland to the WDW version...but it was still awesome.

Oh yeah, the WDW version was having SERIOUS audio issues. Hope they get that under control
Oh, I agree Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is better right now, mostly because of the rehab. When WDW finally gets rehabbed here within the next year or so, I think both will be magnificent.

Montu

WRONG!! I've seen it and thought it sucked. Haunted Mansion Holiday doesn't belong in Florida.

Seeing it in a video and actually traveling to Disneyland to ride it are quite different. I fly there every single year from Orlando especially to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday. I'd say of the three mansion versions, Holiday is definitely my favorite, with Phantom Manor close behind.

CThaddeus

And you can speak for everyone, too? I'm coming from across the country next month and without the Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's a Small World Holiday overlays at Disney World, it's going to feel like something is missing. Maybe that's only because I'm one of them Disneyland "locals." I seriously disagree that people coming to Disney World wouldn't appreciate the occasional overlay to classic attractions...if they're done well. And, those two attractions are amazing. I certainly think they're both a thousand times better than that Pirates change...and unfortunately, that's permanent. The nice part about an overlay is that if you're one of those odd people that hate it, it will go away after the Christmas season ends. Visit then and allow the rest of us to enjoy our overlays. Frankly, I think they would only increase attendance...especially amongst the WDW annual passholders who want to see something new (and proven impressive). But that's just me. And I speak only for me...and maybe for some of the trees.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Man you guys are so daft. The "new resident" the OP is refering to is Hatbox Ghost who is also returning to Disneyland soon. Hopefully we will also get a new bride (but a different one then Disneyland got) and new leota room.

Also, could someone please list the new changes made to the Tokyo Haunted Mansion?? I was unaware there were any changes to it.
No I am definatly talking about Jack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom