Haunted Mansion Refurbishment News!

Chape19714

I am really hoping you are not teasing us on this one. I would love to see HMH here at WDW, along with the many enchancements that DL's has recieved in recent years. Leota's effect would be great, along with the new bride, and a new Lighting Design.

I am 100% for this!

imagineer boy

I hope this happens. WDW's HM really needs a rehab bad. The audio is horrific, and some of the animatronics need work. I would also love to see something like DL's bride and floating Leota head. And maybe a possible Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay during the holiday seasons.

Tim G

I didn't say I was right nor wrong...

I always frown a bit when someone says reliable source...

And it's not holding anything against the O.P.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am really hoping you are not teasing us on this one. I would love to see HMH here at WDW, along with the many enchancements that DL's has recieved in recent years....
We know it`s coming, but like Space Mountain not exactly when.
- said a reliable-ish source. Maybe. Didn`t he?

ghostlyguitar

My best guess would be that the Mansion would get a refurb much like Dl got recently. New, state-of-the-art effects which included a floating Leota, and a revamped attic scene, which features portraits that lose their heads as well as a new bride. As for HMH, well, that rumor has been around since DL's Mansion first received the makeover. WDW has completely different demographics than DL does, and shutting down one of the biggest attractions in the park for a few weeks before and after Christmas (during Halloween) would probably cause a lot of problems with guest complaints. Not to say that it's entirely impossible, as Tokyo Disneyland did receive the makeover (but it's worth saying that Nightmare Before Christmas is exponentially more popular in Japan than it is in America), but it's incredibly unlikely.

The latest rumblings that I've picked up on point to a major rehab, which would fix up all of the busted effects and dirty scenery, as well as dressing up some of the less exciting scenes (such such as the spiderwebs by the stairway, which are in dire need of some updating). The floating Leota effect, as well as a new attic, could very well be in the cards for WDW if this is the case.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the new inhabitant was to be Constance, rather than Jack. 'Course, it's best not to make sure bets until something actually shows up in the ride.

-Adam-

Lee

Adventurer
Nothing concrete, but it was...um...implied to me that Space would follow fairly closely behind Mansion.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
When my source informed me of HMH I was a bit skeptical which is why I didn't really say "Hey HMH is Coming" in my original post. I should also point out that my source is in fact two separate people. They are both higher ups in the company. One is in charge of planning some of the major events in WDW and another is a high up in Entertainment who is constantly flying back and forth from Disneyland and WDW. Listen to me if you want but the main focus of my post was about a rehab and not HMH.

ghostlyguitar

I actually think the spider scene could be pretty cool, if they just used more animated spiders (think It's Tough to Be a Bug at DAK) and spruced things up a bit. The web on the left is near invisible and seems to be falling apart, as well as being completely empty (apparently, it used to hold a corpse, which was removed very early on in the Mansion's lifeline). Add a few more webs, and slightly more realistic spiders, and it'd be fantastic.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the enhancements from the Tokyo Disneyland Mansion which is, for the most part, a replica of WDW's. It has a few touches that aren't seen elsewhere, however.

-Adam-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom