Haunted Mansion refurbishment (HM refurb)

BobLaBlah

You'll never see HMH or NightmareHM because simply, they don't need it. They get the visitors during those seasons, and don't need the added attraction to boost attendance, like DL does.

Also, they can't afford to lose the capacity during the busy summer season.

And, the refurb is going to have some effects that blow your socks off. Yes, new music and lights, but also some new stuff. Just wait.

ToTBellHop

You'll never see HMH or NightmareHM because simply, they don't need it. They get the visitors during those seasons, and don't need the added attraction to boost attendance, like DL does.

And, the refurb is going to have some effects that blow your socks off. Yes, new music and lights, but also some new stuff. Just wait.
new music? PHANTOM MANOR?!

cdunbar

Hadn't someone at some point said that they were going to try and make it more like phantom than the DL version? Where did I hear that, ugg thats going to annoy me now....

Mansion Butler

Everything you said is corret. Additionally, if a family is coming there for the first time and last time during, say, November, they deserve to see the actual Haunted Mansion.

WDW has to be more in the mindset of one-time vacationers than repeat one-day visitors.

speck76

Everything you said is corret. Additionally, if a family is coming there for the first time and last time during, say, November, they deserve to see the actual Haunted Mansion.

WDW has to be more in the mindset of one-time vacationers than repeat one-day visitors.
I agree....

ToTBellHop

likewise, if a family can only take a yearly vacation every September or January, they deserve to have the Haunted Mansion NOT closed every vacation--it works at DL where people visit often, but if they brought HMH to WDW, a lot of guests would never see the HM which is not good.

ToTBellHop

would we have to get a new Ghost Host if the story changes are major (becoming more like Phantom Manor)? I'd miss the current Ghost Host and they can't exactly have him come in and record new stuff...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not heard anything about a PM direction.... just a technical overhaul, one or two plussings and one major addition.

imagineer boy

Is the gift shop canned then? I hope so...

But I'm happy to see that the HM will be getting some great new additions. The new music sounds interesting. Maybe some new music in some spots that don't generally have music?

Enigma

Account Suspended
Based on rumors I think at best we can expect:

- The new staircase scene (possibly replacing the spiders?)
- Floating Leota
- New Attic Scene (very similar to Disneyland's but with a better bride)

Mansion Butler

Based on rumors I think at best we can expect:

- The new staircase scene (possibly replacing the spiders?)

Before the spiders there's an empty section. You don't notice it much on the ride, but if you walk through every night with the lights on you do.

It was supposed to house a show scene originally. Nothing really is known past that, but that's likely where something new would go.

RSoxNo1

could the "new music" be a remastered version of the original song? I can't image that they would change Grim Grinning Ghosts, that would be another Journey Into Imagination situation.

ToTBellHop

well, Phantom Manor's music, for example, is a (IMO) much-better orchestrated version of Grim, Grinning Ghosts--and they still have the singing busts sing the song toward the end of that ride, as well.

iheartdisney91

this is funny b/c i just had a dream i was on the hm and it was the re-done version and it was scary. so do we actually know for sure what they will do to the beloved mansion?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
so do we actually know for sure what they will do to the beloved mansion?
Some areas yes, some areas not so sure.

How did the rumour of new music begin? The Phantom Manor suite is an amazing collection of music, but matches the darkness and storyline of the Parisian mansion, not the WDW version.

Unless new music means `remastered 1969 tracks?`

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom