Haunted Mansion refurbishment (HM refurb)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Probably true. I hear of a lot of back and forth still going on as to the specifics.

That I had not heard. Seems like it would screw up the refurb schedule if they do it that way....unless something else gets the bump. :rolleyes:

Care to tell me when the heck they plan on closing down Spaceship?

TP2000

I was just in Disney World last week, and asked one of the Managers at Haunted Mansion what would be going on, and, honest to God, this is what he said to me:

"Nothing's been officialized"

.............What kinda people are in charge... exactly... at this ride?

Apparently WDW park management are people who have only a tenuous grasp on the English language, or who simply didn't get beyond the 7th grade.

Wait, when I was in 7th grade I at least new that "officialized" was not a word. So make that beyond the 4th grade.

ToTBellHop

Apparently WDW park management are people who have only a tenuous grasp on the English language, or who simply didn't get beyond the 7th grade.

Wait, when I was in 7th grade I at least new that "officialized" was not a word. So make that beyond the 4th grade.
But, did you know the difference between "knew" and "new"?

erasure fan1

What a bummer. My vacation ends on the 12th of September. I will miss not seeing the Haunted Mansion. :cry:

We will miss it as well. I would rather miss it knowing that its getting a refresh than have to sit through the ride in its current sad shape. Now we have something to look forward to next year.

Disneyfanman

The year that DL's Haunted Mansion received the overlay, they went down for several months to upgrade/reburbish their lights and sound. Since that time, they have added a number of effects and "extras". The first step, however, was to fix what was broken and bring everything up to speed. I really think that is all they will do here. Isn't that enough? I would anticipate upgrades over the next few years to other stuff. I don't expect the HMH though. WDW doesn't need the extra crowds over the holidays. They need to do things that will positively affect YEAR ROUND visitors.

ToTBellHop

The year that DL's Haunted Mansion received the overlay, they went down for several months to upgrade/reburbish their lights and sound. Since that time, they have added a number of effects and "extras". The first step, however, was to fix what was broken and bring everything up to speed. I really think that is all they will do here. Isn't that enough? I would anticipate upgrades over the next few years to other stuff. I don't expect the HMH though. WDW doesn't need the extra crowds over the holidays. They need to do things that will positively affect YEAR ROUND visitors.
WDW does not have the same attitude of making small updates to keep things ever-changing as DL sometimes has.

Lee

Adventurer
WDW does not have the same attitude of making small updates to keep things ever-changing as DL sometimes has.

Correct. WDW is of the "rip the bandage off quickly" mindset: Take it down once, do what you're doing, then don't take it down for years...and years...and years...

kcnole

I have a bad fealing they won't be closing Spaceship down anytime soon. It seems like they are done with Epcot for awhile after they update the films in world showcase.

Epcot still has a bit of love coming to it. Maelstrom next (I'm hoping a new film comes with that, then the new Canada film which shouldn't be too hard to put into place. Then SSE gets its much needed update. I rode it a few weeks ago and I still love the ride but I couldn't believe how bad the shape of that ride is. The ride feels like its truly about to break at any moment and just looks awful in portions. It needs at least a 6 month rehab to be back to its former glory.

Also I see mentioning of a refurb schedule of HM, JC, and SM. Is there no plan to fix Country Bears or is that attraction going to be allowed to continue to rot.

tirian

Soon. I haven't seen the current schedule, but I don't see it happening until Fall.
That's almost the same timeline I'm hearing. In fact, I've heard "2007" since Siemens sponsored the attraction. But I assumed that it would be finished in time for October 1st. Obviously, that's not true! :rolleyes:

Mansion Butler

The other 2 parts to the rumors are...
(1) Nightmare Before Christmas will heppen this year. That's the reason for closing during the summer. That would be great if that happens. I want to see NBC at MK.
(2) A photo spot with the hitchhiking ghost was/is supose to be in the dump gift shop to the HM.
I have good souces in merch. in Liberty Sq.

1) You were lied to.

2) No comment.

You have bad sources, by the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom