Haunted Mansion refurbishment (HM refurb)

MaXXimus

Im not gonna complain really, just also sad because out of 4 in the family Im the only one to have been to Disney and it just sucks because who knows when and if we will all get to go again. I guess I can scratch that off my list and do the Liberty Square Riverboat.

wedway71

Im sure the the ONLY ONE in here that loves the gift shops and was excited about a Haunted Mansion Gift shop. I do think if done right it will ad to the entire HM experience.

Merchantainment baby!!!!!!:sohappy:

DisnFanatic10

Kinda stinks just found out that it will be closed for my trip yesterday oh well I'm not a diehard fan of HM and only usually ride it once. At least they didn't close Splash Mountain (got hooked on that my very first trip.)

raven

Im sure the the ONLY ONE in here that loves the gift shops and was excited about a Haunted Mansion Gift shop. I do think if done right it will ad to the entire HM experience.

Merchantainment baby!!!!!!:sohappy:

I have been wanting to see HM merchandise for years now...and I'm not talking about the magic tricks they sell at that gypsy cart either. I would LOVE to see a regular gift shop selling HM merchandise outside of the attraction. All they would really need to do is enclose the exit area under that canopy. That would be just enough room and it shouldn't take all that much time to build.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have been wanting to see HM merchandise for years now...and I'm not talking about the magic tricks they sell at that gypsy cart either. I would LOVE to see a regular gift shop selling HM merchandise outside of the attraction. All they would really need to do is enclose the exit area under that canopy. That would be just enough room and it shouldn't take all that much time to build.

What would HM merchandise consist of to justify a complete store without becoming another Spencer Gifts at Halloween?

Or would it just become another generic WDW souvenir shop carrying the same merchandise as Main Street?

ToTBellHop

What would HM merchandise consist of to justify a complete store without becoming another Spencer Gifts at Halloween?

Or would it just become another generic WDW souvenir shop carrying the same merchandise as Main Street?
bona fide Haunted Mansion merchandise would be nice, but with what's happened to the Tower of Terror's giftshop recently, I won't hold my breath. Probably just another place to make money off the Harry Potter books and sell that great Eddie Murphy movie, The Haunted Mansion...

wedway71

I dont want to see a generic giftshop there.I want a fully themed HM shop.I want to see only HM merchandise.I feel WDW Merchandise team can do it if they keep the design totally HM themed with special effects built into the shop with a great selection of HM merchandise.

ToTBellHop

I dont want to see a generic giftshop there.I want a fully themed HM shop.I want to see only HM merchandise.I feel WDW Merchandise team can do it if they keep the design totally HM themed with special effects built into the shop with a great selection of HM merchandise.
unfortunately, WDW merchandise has taken a nose-dive over the years...half the shirts at the ToT aren't even Disney shirts.

wedway71

Id like to see some screen effects built into the walls especially behind cash/wrap maybe with hitchiking ghosts or some other effect.Id like product fixtures to reflect the theme maybe even some type of full size Doom Buggy opened up with peg hooked merchandise sold from the inside.Mickey,Minnie and other Disney plush characters in Butler/maid uniforms etc.

Capt. Jack

Just to get the full lowdown..

- Is the "Nightmare Before Christmas" Haunted Mansion style not going to be happening? Because I hear it will, but then I hear it won't. Gets rather confusing. :veryconfu

- If that is the case, all they're redoing are the Lights, Sounds, & a little heres & theres to make the ride look clean / newer.

Thanks! :wave:

RSoxNo1

By all accounts, the Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay will not be coming to Haunted Mansion.

I am also under the impression that there will not be an additional update next year. Although nothing has been officially announced the timeline seems to be Haunted Mansion, then Jungle Cruise, then Space Mountain for Magic Kingdom rehabs.

Vernonpush

Last Sept./Oct., Disney Shopping.com had quite an extensive catalogue of Haunted Mansion decoration pieces. There were Hitchhiking Ghost statues that "glowed in the dark" and stauettes with LED lights. I was impressed with the amount of merchandise available from the HM, if only I had the $$$$.:ROFLOL:

IcicleM

I was just in Disney World last week, and asked one of the Managers at Haunted Mansion what would be going on, and, honest to God, this is what he said to me:

"Nothing's been officialized"

.............What kinda people are in charge... exactly... at this ride?

Lee

Adventurer
"Nothing's been officialized"

Probably true. I hear of a lot of back and forth still going on as to the specifics.

Isn't just phase 1 being done this year (staging) with phase 2 (major renovation) taking place next year?

That I had not heard. Seems like it would screw up the refurb schedule if they do it that way....unless something else gets the bump. :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve not heard anything about a 2 stage rehab either. So far as I know there will be one rehab - this summer - to update the visuals, audio (fully) and add a few new `enhancements`. And do some major work to the Omni system.

Tiggersgreat

Last Sept./Oct., Disney Shopping.com had quite an extensive catalogue of Haunted Mansion decoration pieces. There were Hitchhiking Ghost statues that "glowed in the dark" and stauettes with LED lights. I was impressed with the amount of merchandise available from the HM, if only I had the $$$$.:ROFLOL:

Some of those are on clearance at the Disney outlet site!!

Dskipper

was at hm on sat.

dont know if this helps anyone but was at the hm on sat and they have been doing some small stuff at night leading up to the refurb like cleaning the audio up and new dom buggies are being put on. they are a bit smaller and tell the difference the top dose not go over ure head as much as the older ones.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom