Haunted Mansion Refurb.

Ragetti

With the ops schedule, knowing anything more then 90 days out really is just throwing darts and guess work though. They do need to make a comitment to getting the schedules in advance, but sometimes there's really nothing they can do. Say you schedule it for one week, then have to push it forward and the family gets mad because it got pushed forward and they rescheduled theior vacation to avoid the first listed closure.

Until the details are solid, they can't list it, and they can't have solid dates until we get close to the actual closure.

I can;t agree. Even if they just list that HM will be closed for refurb for 3 months SOMETIME during the summer, that would be better than nothing. If I could only afford 1 WDW trip every 5 years or so, and that one attraction was important enough to me, I might choose to wait till next year.

Like I said, it's all about communication. Some info is better than none at all. As it is now, if I hadn't seen this thread and showed up at WDW and saw the HM closed, I woulda been POed. I've been pumping up my daughter for this ride, and I THOUGHT I had the information necessary. Thank goodness I'm totally jazzed about this trip and checking every website. At least now I can prepare her and she won't be so let down if this does happen. And we will be back in a couple years, so she'll get to see it sometime in the future.

Mansion Butler

It's so true that there really is no true "Off" time or season, haha, because what are we NUTS?! It's Disney World! I think one of the best times is 2 weeks after New Year's Day.

But, unfortunately, this is far from a 2 Week refurb. Ideally, the absolute best time to fix up a major ride would be from about January 3rd until about a week before Easter, earlier if necessary. There are a couple busy days in there, but nothing huge. However, that's really not much time for some refurbishments, and the Mansion is such a capacity-friendly attraction that it needs to be open if at all possible during the swamped Easter/Spring Break period.

tirian

Wow....can't wait to see how folks react when Space goes down....:lol:

That should be an easy fix. Disney can post a sign that says:

WE ARE NOW BRINGING SPACE MOUNTAIN INTO THE 21ST CENTURY SO THAT YOUR NECK DOESN'T SNAP OFF.

That should aleviate any Guest complaints.

Lee

Adventurer
That should be an easy fix. Disney can post a sign that says:

WE ARE NOW BRINGING SPACE MOUNTAIN INTO THE 21ST CENTURY SO THAT YOUR NECK DOESN'T SNAP OFF.

That should aleviate any Guest complaints.

With small print...."Seriously....you'll thank us later."

RSoxNo1

With small print...."Seriously....you'll thank us later."

Lee, a while ago you talked about three different possibilities for the Space Mountain rehab with the highest priced rehab coming in at around $30-35 mil if I recall correctly. Has anything been determined with this? What degree of a rehab will we be getting? Will it be before or after Jungle Cruise? Will it be in the 2008-2009 time frame?

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, a while ago you talked about three different possibilities for the Space Mountain rehab with the highest priced rehab coming in at around $30-35 mil if I recall correctly. Has anything been determined with this? What degree of a rehab will we be getting? Will it be before or after Jungle Cruise? Will it be in the 2008-2009 time frame?
I need to go back and check my posts. I don't remember putting a price tag on anything....
Anyway, I still have yet to hear what the final decision on Space was.
The way the schedule looks to be playing out will indeed put it after Jungle Cruise, and likely in the 2008-2009 ballpark.

ToTBellHop

Let's keep in mind that even though January through Easter may be a nice pick, the Presidents Week and March Spring Break guests would be a little ed if everything closed then in addition to having Typhoon Lagoon closed. There has to be a balance, and sometimes that means something has to close in the summer.

RSoxNo1

I need to go back and check my posts. I don't remember putting a price tag on anything....
Anyway, I still have yet to hear what the final decision on Space was.
The way the schedule looks to be playing out will indeed put it after Jungle Cruise, and likely in the 2008-2009 ballpark.

You didn't throw the $30 mil price tag around, but here's the thread
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=90884

Lee said:
I haven't seen the exact number...but I seem to recall the price I heard tossed around being $15-20 mil. I like the sound of $30 million!

Lee said:
There were several proposals, of varying degrees of size, made about Space Mountain.
$30 million, if that figure is correct, is not the smallest.

Lee

Adventurer
Right.
That figure is one I heard applied to DL's Space and which did not include demolition of the existing ride structure. Purely track and effects. Personally I think it's a low number. The whole project at DL got well higher than that.

I've got some feelers out about the WDW project...nothing yet.

iheartdisney91

ok guys the mansion will not be open at the end of aguest? please help me out with that question. cuz we are planning to go and we want to go in aguest but we want the HM to be open so please help me out. thanks in advance!:wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ok guys the mansion will not be open at the end of aguest? please help me out with that question. cuz we are planning to go and we want to go in aguest but we want the HM to be open so please help me out. thanks in advance!:wave:
No one knows for certain. If things run to the latest info, yes - it will be closed until end of September / beginning of October. But since everything is slipping rehab wise at the MK it`s not official....until it`s official.

iheartdisney91

No one knows for certain. If things run to the latest info, yes - it will be closed until end of September / beginning of October. But since everything is slipping rehab wise at the MK it`s not official....until it`s official.

ok thank you very much for your help, i sure hope WDW gets on their " re-hab track":lol:

Mansion Butler

No one knows. Seriously. It's a logical guess, but no one, not even Phil Holmes himself, could give you a definitie answer.

disnyfan89

I talked to some of the HM cast Members today and I was told that they had heard that the Refurb would begin the last two weeks of May and would end the week before the first MNSSHP.

Mansion Butler

I talked to some of the HM cast Members today and I was told that they had heard that the Refurb would begin the last two weeks of May and would end the week before the first MNSSHP.

As a former full-time HM CM, I can tell you that they don't necessarily know. They may or may not have a good idea, but most likely their espousing rumor that's only slightly more informed than we are.

Mansion Butler

hmm... thanks to ever one who helped me! you'd think disney would be more organized.

They're about as organized as they can be. Just because it seems like disarray to you doesn't mean it's disarray inside. It's not in their best interests to reveal information that's not completely certain. The things that happen day to day in a park irregardless of refurbs can set things back or push them forward by multiple days. Factor in things that can change with maintenence issues and you just can't really know.

Disney is by far the most organized organization I've ever been a part of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom