Haunted Mansion Refurb.

ToTBellHop

True. If I went to Disney World and the Haunted Mansion was the ONLY thing closed, I would be ecstatic. There has to be a happy medium b/t everything being open and driven into the ground and a situation like the first four months of 2005 at Disneyland, when about half of the park was closed...

Mansion Butler

:brick: What a ridiculous idea. So you are actually saying that they should close the Haunted Mansion during Halloween? Jeeze. Some people are getting very selfish.

Typical post:
"The Mansion really needs a renovation..... but NOT WHILE I'M ON VACATION* (proceeds to whine)

UNTIL Halloween. Not DURING Halloween. If this wording confused you, you will notice that many times in this very thread I've said that it must be open for MNSSHP.

Mansion Butler

Yes I did happen to mis-read and edit quickly. :animwink: Sorry about that.

No problem. In order, these are the periods that the Haunted Mansion bust be open if at all possible:

1) Mickey's Not So Scary
2) The two weeks of Spring Break and Easter
3) Christmas Day through New Years Day
4) Summer

Now, if there's going to be a lengthy refurb, it's going to have to be closed for one of these periods, at least. The Mansion being down for part of the summer has much less impact on the Kingdom than the other dates. It has to be closed during some busy time, the best choice is to close it down during the least busy.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. The ideal time would have involved a closure last month lasting right until the busiest weeks of Spring Break season in April, but that just wasn't possible this year due to different concerns, and apparently some of the changes cannot wait til January 2008, so summer is the next reasonable possibility. Honestly, it's impossible for Disney to not irritate someone though. The parks were very crowded this past week with the Presidents Week crowds, and they wouldn't have been happy if the HM were closed, either. Hopefully, one ride being closed won't ruin anyone's vacation, however. The options are A) close the rides during periods when guests are in the parks or B) close the parks for several months every year (Six Flags has the benefit of being able to do this, so you can reasonably expect all rides to be open on a given day, though this isn't the case in practice). Would we be happier if the parks closed every January and February? I bet not (of course, the parks were not open 7 days a week many years back...)

jmvd20

Mission Accomplished
BTW-The ring in the concrete is a real ring, not a part of a gate!!

Yep, I always see people wearing cast iron rings with a chunk of steel welded on to it instead of a diamond. I also hear that women love such rings, especially as engagement rings, though I have heard you want to stay away from strong magnets while wearing one.

Mansion Butler

Yep, I always see people wearing cast iron rings with a chunk of steel welded on to it instead of a diamond. I also hear that women love such rings, especially as engagement rings, though I have heard you want to stay away from strong magnets while wearing one.

Let alone seeing women with fingers about as big around as a No. 2 Pencil so they can put their fingers in these rings.

jmvd20

Let alone seeing women with fingers about as big around as a No. 2 Pencil so they can put their fingers in these rings.

A few good urban legends and myths can be a good thing, especially around an attraction such as the HM. However, how in the world do people believe that is a real engagement ring?

ToTBellHop

A few good urban legends and myths can be a good thing, especially around an attraction such as the HM. However, how in the world do people believe that is a real engagement ring?
lol...I was so let down when I first saw the "ring" for myself...there are so many better legends about the Haunted Mansion to spend one's time with...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*looks at calendar*

Sept 14th. It has to reopen by then for MNSSHP, as that's the tenative first night.

So can we calculate when it shall close..?

jmvd20

Guessing a 2 month refurb???? give or take. That would mean it is to close in July?? - seems like a bad time to close it.

ToTBellHop

Guessing a 2 month refurb???? give or take. That would mean it is to close in July?? - seems like a bad time to close it.
I thought it was closer to 3 months...closing during the first couple weeks of June. Is there ever a "good" time to close the Haunted Mansion? That's the burden of being one of the best attractions ever produced by WDI.

jmvd20

I thought it was closer to 3 months...closing during the first couple weeks of June. Is there ever a "good" time to close the Haunted Mansion? That's the burden of being one of the best attractions ever produced by WDI.

I was really just taking a shot in the dark on the re-furb time frame, I have no idea exactly what it would be.

Very true that there would not be a good time to close it, but it seems that there would be some times that are worse than others. I would have thought they would do it in the off season, not the June/July/August time frame - aren't those the busiest months at WDW?

I must also agree that the HM is one of the best attractions, and that indeed makes it harder to close.

ToTBellHop

I was really just taking a shot in the dark on the re-furb time frame, I have no idea exactly what it would be.

Very true that there would not be a good time to close it, but it seems that there would be some times that are worse than others. I would have thought they would do it in the off season, not the June/July/August time frame - aren't those the busiest months at WDW?

I must also agree that the HM is one of the best attractions, and that indeed makes it harder to close.
Easter and Christmastime are more crowded than the summer, so the only 3-month intervals available are Jan-March and late August-Thanksgiving, of which it's too late now for the former and the latter includes Halloween, so it's not an available option for the Haunted Mansion, in particular. Apparently, the necessary changes cannot wait til January 2008 (the problem with constantly putting off standard upkeep).

Easter and Christmastime are more crowded than the summer, so the only 3-month intervals available are Jan-March and late August-Thanksgiving, of which it's too late now for the former and the latter includes Halloween, so it's not an available option for the Haunted Mansion, in particular. Apparently, the necessary changes cannot wait til January 2008 (the problem with constantly putting off standard upkeep).

Im thinking about taking a trip over to the world for my second week of my honeymoon and Im wondering what the week after thanksgiving going into the first of Dec would be like on the crowds.

Mansion Butler

lol...I was so let down when I first saw the "ring" for myself...there are so many better legends about the Haunted Mansion to spend one's time with...

To tell you the truth, when people would ask me to show them the ring or explain the story, the most common reaction was actually "that's it? That's not a ring."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom