Haunted Mansion Refurb.

Mansion Butler

But the Country Bears do a Christmas show at WDW that's very successful. The only reason it didn't occur this past season was because of budget issues. I think the HMH could be of great value to the resort.

For those of you that argue the differences between WDW's and DL's mansion, Tokyo's Mansion does a HMH Overlay, and it works amazingly.

The Country Bears Christmas show is not the same makeover as Haunted Mansion Holiday. And the differences are not how the Mansions are built, but rather how they're visited.

Like I said, who wants to put money on it happening?

disnyfan89

Really? You actually think it's going to happen and what to take the bet against a HM CM?
I do in fact think that somewhere in the next 5 years this overly could find its way to the Magic Kingdom. I am also not concerned that I am betting against a HM cast member because history has taught us CM do not always know everything that is happening in their area.

jedimaster1227

I do in fact think that somewhere in the next 5 years this overly could find its way to the Magic Kingdom. I am also not concerned that I am betting against a HM cast member because history has taught us CM do not know everything that is happening in their area.

Actually, history hasn't taught us, members have taught us when they trust comments made by CMs jokingly or ones that have no clue. I can vouch for Mansion Butler when saying that his information is credible in this instance. He knows on this one, and I can back up all claims made previously on this thread by him. So, I would take that bet too, if I were a betting man, but since I am not, I donate my chips to him. :D

disnyfan89

Actually, history hasn't taught us, members have taught us when they trust comments made by CMs jokingly or ones that have no clue. I can vouch for Mansion Butler when saying that his information is credible in this instance. He knows on this one, and I can back up all claims made previously on this thread by him. So, I would take that bet too, if I were a betting man, but since I am not, I donate my chips to him. :D
Very true! I never ment to state that all CM are clueless and I apologize for any misconception of my previous post. I have now edited it to reflect my actual orginal meaning.

Cole'sMom

Hi! It's been a while since posting, but we just planned our annual trip in May and HM is my favorite! If it's down when I am there, I will be soooo bummed! It will be nice to have it refurbed, but I at least want to ride it once!

mpoppins76

Hi! It's been a while since posting, but we just planned our annual trip in May and HM is my favorite! If it's down when I am there, I will be soooo bummed! It will be nice to have it refurbed, but I at least want to ride it once!
:wave:
We're going in May as well (16th) and are monitoring this rehab closely. It's my DBF's 1st EVER trip to WDW (he's 30, sad isn't it? :rolleyes: ) and I would love for him to be able to ride it. *crosses fingers*

bmxviper02

You would think Disney would be smart and close the ride AFTER the 4th of July weekend. I mean, a week couldn't hurt them that much and parks are packed during that week.

CelticRose

:eek: I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't change their minds and start the refurb in May, while we are there :( 12-19 May

:sohappy: 72 days and we are on our way to the happiest place on earth :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

You would think Disney would be smart and close the ride AFTER the 4th of July weekend. I mean, a week couldn't hurt them that much and parks are packed during that week.
that's not a week...that's three weeks. If the ride closed after the 4th of July, there is no way it'd be open by the start of the Halloween parties, and that's unacceptable.

k.hunter30

:eek: I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't change their minds and start the refurb in May, while we are there :( 12-19 May

:sohappy: 72 days and we are on our way to the happiest place on earth :sohappy:

:wave:
We're going in May as well (16th) and are monitoring this rehab closely. It's my DBF's 1st EVER trip to WDW (he's 30, sad isn't it? :rolleyes: ) and I would love for him to be able to ride it. *crosses fingers*

We're going in May as well. Now that I'm thinking about it... from the research I've done I thought May (at least the beginning) was supposed to be not too crowded... There sure are a lot of people on the boards going at this time... hmmm...:shrug:

mpoppins76

We're going in May as well. Now that I'm thinking about it... from the research I've done I thought May (at least the beginning) was supposed to be not too crowded... There sure are a lot of people on the boards going at this time... hmmm...:shrug:
I noticed that too Kat. We were thinking going the week/weekend before Memorial day would have smaller crowds given that most people, if they're going to take a vacation around that time, would probably do it Memorial weekend. Guess we may not've been the only ones thinking that. :lol:

Anyway, it sounds like it's not happening until June. Still is a little to close for my comfort. :rolleyes:

k.hunter30

I noticed that too Kat. We were thinking going the week/weekend before Memorial day would have smaller crowds given that most people, if they're going to take a vacation around that time, would probably do it Memorial weekend. Guess we may not've been the only ones thinking that. :lol:

Anyway, it sounds like it's not happening until June. Still is a little to close for my comfort. :rolleyes:

So far the only thing I've seen closed for May is the Japanese restaurant... I hope it stays like that...

they'll sure be a lot fo trip reports in June! :lookaroun

bmxviper02

that's not a week...that's three weeks. If the ride closed after the 4th of July, there is no way it'd be open by the start of the Halloween parties, and that's unacceptable.

You see, Disney COULD finish it in that period of time, they just don't. I mean hell, Universal finished the Mummy in no time. Why can't Disney ever do something like that?

Mansion Butler

A week? According to speculations, waiting until after the fourth would set them back by anywhere from two to seven weeks. I'm going to go ahead and take the bet that they'll know exactly what they're doing when they close it down, and it will be at the best possible time and they'll be completely intelligent in their decision.

beachclubbasics

I forget where I read this..maybe we could Google it and find out, but I heard that Burton nixed the HMH overlay for WDW..in fact he wants to pull it out of DL as well.

Has anyone else heard that?

I would think that there should be an announcement soon regarding the rehab. Summer is fast approaching!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom