Haunted Mansion Refurb.

iheartdisney91

They're about as organized as they can be. Just because it seems like disarray to you doesn't mean it's disarray inside. It's not in their best interests to reveal information that's not completely certain. The things that happen day to day in a park irregardless of refurbs can set things back or push them forward by multiple days. Factor in things that can change with maintenence issues and you just can't really know.

Disney is by far the most organized organization I've ever been a part of.

um ok ... i hope you know i wasnt being entirely serious, lol i was joking but thanks for the whole organization method that disney has lol:p

disnyfan89

As a former full-time HM CM, I can tell you that they don't necessarily know. They may or may not have a good idea, but most likely their espousing rumor that's only slightly more informed than we are.
I realize but any info I post about what a CM says I don't intend to be the final word. Just another source that could help narrow the exact dates for said projects.

Disnyfan89, you said that they were going to bring Haunted Mansion Holiday to WDW this year, during the upcoming Mansion rehab.

Have anything new to share regarding that?

jedimaster1227

Disnyfan89, you said that they were going to bring Haunted Mansion Holiday to WDW this year, during the upcoming Mansion rehab.

Not happening (as much as I dream it would). HMH was meant for Disneyland to get repeat visitors to return (much like with it's a small world holiday). Our Haunted Mansion has a different layout and would require more work to be done, and since our version is in need of its long overdue tune-up, this overlay won't happen (for at least this year). Plus, there is always the matter of Burton not wanting to extend any more rights for the overlay or more rides... :shrug:

Mansion Butler

I realize but any info I post about what CM says I don't intend to be the final word. Just another source that could help narrow the exact dates for said projects.

Yeah, I figure, just making sure you know that. I'd say it's more trustworthy than waht most forum posters or sites will tell you, especially at this point in time, but it's still far from completely trustworthy. And it still wouldn't be set in stone.

disnyfan89

While I haven't heard of any new information on the topic I have heard the rumor from other sources other than my original. Seeing how the rehab list has been toyed with this year between SM, JC and HM. I do not know if it is still in the works for this year. I did however notice that the new Buggies are being equipped with the sound system required for HMH. In my mind I think that there is around a 40% chance of it happening when you look at the upgrades and timing of the refurb but that is my own opinion on the matter.

Animaniac93-98

Not happening (as much as I dream it would). HMH was meant for Disneyland to get repeat visitors to return (much like with it's a small world holiday). Our Haunted Mansion has a different layout and would require more work to be done, and since our version is in need of its long overdue tune-up, this overlay won't happen (for at least this year). Plus, there is always the matter of Burton not wanting to extend any more rights for the overlay or more rides... :shrug:

He already let Disney do it for Tokyo Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and since it's an exact duplicate of WDW's version there would be little trouble putting it into the Florida version (aside from guests complaining).

jedimaster1227

He already let Disney do it for Tokyo Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and since it's an exact duplicate of WDW's version there would be little trouble putting it into the Florida version (aside from guests complaining).

If I remember correctly, that was a deal made with the OLC, not with Disney Management specifically. WDW runs a different ship than TDL, so again the political differences between Burton and Disney come into play.

Mansion Butler

I'm going to put whatever money I have on HMH never going to the Magic Kingdom if anyone wants to take it.

It wouldn't be a good idea there, anyway. That period might be the only time someone takes there vacation to Disney World, they deserve to see the actual attraction. Disneyland is more of a local go-there-and-spend-the-day place, it makes sense to do major seasonal changes to keep things fresh.

RobotWolf

Actually I think the wdw mansion could suffer a holiday overlay for a couple of months.

BUT

Like you suggest, HMH is more of a Disneyland-style overlay. For the WDW Mansion, I'd imagine something that adds a little holiday touch without changing the essence of the original attraction. I'm thinking mostly decorations, withered and dilapidated of course. Maybe some snow in the graveyard. Eighteenth-century Santa hat on the suit of armor.

But the only major change that I'd love to have from the HMH overlay is the ballroom audio, The Carol of the Bells. But I'd remove the xylophone and replace it with a glockenspiel.

Mansion Butler

Actually I think the wdw mansion could suffer a holiday overlay for a couple of months.

BUT

Like you suggest, HMH is more of a Disneyland-style overlay. For the WDW Mansion, I'd imagine something that adds a little holiday touch without changing the essence of the original attraction. I'm thinking mostly decorations, withered and dilapidated of course. Maybe some snow in the graveyard. Eighteenth-century Santa hat on the suit of armor.

But the only major change that I'd love to have from the HMH overlay is the ballroom audio, The Carol of the Bells. But I'd remove the xylophone and replace it with a glockenspiel.

Right, theming it like the normal attraction, but just presenting that you're visiting it at christmas makes plenty of sense.

bears163

screamscape reports the date of june 16th. either that being th target date of closing or opening they do not know.....yes i know take it what you want from theirs reports but just relaying that "might" happen

disnyfan89

I'm going to put whatever money I have on HMH never going to the Magic Kingdom if anyone wants to take it.

It wouldn't be a good idea there, anyway. That period might be the only time someone takes there vacation to Disney World, they deserve to see the actual attraction. Disneyland is more of a local go-there-and-spend-the-day place, it makes sense to do major seasonal changes to keep things fresh.
I'll take that bet!

Chape19714

But the Country Bears do a Christmas show at WDW that's very successful. The only reason it didn't occur this past season was because of budget issues. I think the HMH could be of great value to the resort.

For those of you that argue the differences between WDW's and DL's mansion, Tokyo's Mansion does a HMH Overlay, and it works amazingly.

But the Country Bears do a Christmas show at WDW that's very successful. The only reason it didn't occur this past season was because of budget issues. I think the HMH could be of great value to the resort.

For those of you that argue the differences between WDW's and DL's mansion, Tokyo's Mansion does a HMH Overlay, and it works amazingly.

Very true. In addition, the Tokyo Mansion is completely identical to WDW's.

ToTBellHop

There is quite a huge difference b/t the Country Bears' popularity and that of the Haunted Mansion. The average guest will not complain at City Hall if the Country Bears are closed for refurbishment, but they certainly will when the Haunted Mansion closes.

And Screamscape's rumor, I think, is rubbish. I emailed him about this and he seems to think the HM will close in April until June 16, reopen for the summer, and close again in September to finish things up. I'm pretty sure if it were going to close in April, however, Disney would have put information up. Even with highly fluctuating schedules, they do have an obligation to let people know if a ride is closing in a month and a half.

CJR

June 16th could be the date the ride closes though. I've heard that they're thinking mid-June. That would be about right if the CM I spoke to is right. Then again, we all know how informed CM's are. The reason I find this to be more believable is because we've been hearing June for quite sometime now. We just haven't heard when in June. Mid-June would allow the ride to be open for most Grad Nights if MK has them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom