Haunted Mansion Closing for Refurb Late Fall 2006?

aliceinwonder

Original Poster
I wonder if they're going to do the Queue area more to the left Liberty boat side? There is a bit of land in between it and the boat? That being said the wrought iron fence will be closer to the water? I am trying to visualize it in my head but I'm not really getting the picture together.

SilentWindODoom

From what I see, there's not much room to extend out that way, but they could do it.

I was looking as some satellite pics of Magic Kingdom, and the skyway building looks a bit too far for putting the gift shop there. Of coruse, you haven't actually said it was that, so I could be completely wrong. :lookaroun

jmuboy

WDW's HM needs a floor to ceiling rehab like POTC is currently getting (make HM at WDW more like the one at DL). A nice gift shop would be fine, just convert the keelboat building. And tear out the shelter for the fastpass machines and that silly wishing well marking the fastpass entrance. FP really screwed up the look and traffic flow at the HM.

Kronos

jmuboy said:
WDW's HM needs a floor to ceiling rehab like POTC is currently getting (make HM at WDW more like the one at DL). A nice gift shop would be fine, just convert the keelboat building. And tear out the shelter for the fastpass machines and that silly wishing well marking the fastpass entrance. FP really screwed up the look and traffic flow at the HM.

More like Disneyland? You mean 25% shorter?

Seriously, though... have you been in WDW's HM lately? It looks better than it has in a good long while (ah, the wonders of a change in management, from what I hear tell). Now, I'm as obsessive a fanboy as any you're likely to find, and when I went through last night I could count on one hand the number of "problems" I could find with the attraction. And that ain't bad.

Change - good change - is happening over there slowly but surely, and without the need for closing the attraction for an extensive refurbishment.

As for the Keelboat building: I've said it before and I'll say it again: It makes no sense to put a gift shop for an attraction at the entrance, and not at the exit (which is why I have issues with the current location of Leota's Gypsy Cart, which is, IMHO, way too far away from the HM).

T-1MILLION

Kronos said:

Seriously, though... have you been in WDW's HM lately? It looks better than it has in a good long while (ah, the wonders of a change in management, from what I hear tell). Now, I'm as obsessive a fanboy as any you're likely to find, and when I went through last night I could count on one hand the number of "problems" I could find with the attraction. And that ain't bad.

Change - good change - is happening over there slowly but surely, and without the need for closing the attraction for an extensive refurbishment.

As for the Keelboat building: I've said it before and I'll say it again: It makes no sense to put a gift shop for an attraction at the entrance, and not at the exit (which is why I have issues with the current location of Leota's Gypsy Cart, which is, IMHO, way too far away from the HM).

Hello sir! You know me from Doombuggies.com. I just wanted to ask, about the audio. Does it seem better lately? I know that was my biggest complaint about the mansion's condition for a good while. It has also been a while since my last ride, so I felt I should ask.

Glad to see you on here!:sohappy:

WDWCPF98

sum41914 said:
I took CM tour of the Haunted Mansion yesturday morning and the tour guide said that they are taking the Fast Passes out and placing the invisable horse and buggy there due to the damage it recevied from the last hurricane season. Just a little tid bit.

~Sum

If that actually happens and the carriage is moved, I wonder if they will also relocate the wedding ring. I've heard two versions of the legend: 1) Master Gracey is holding his late bride's hand in the carriage hearse when the horse is spooked and runs off. The ring slips off her finger and the horse stomps it into the ground. 2) Master Gracey throws his own wedding ring out a window before he hangs himself.

If they did relocate the ring as well as the carriage, it would prove what version of the legend is ture and I could prove to my friends that the ring is not the remains of an old queue!

T-1MILLION

Nope it is just the remains of an old gate structure. Funny and imaginative stories though. It has sort have become a cult following by many fans.

GothMickey

The truth is.... an AA of Jim Evers (Eddie Murphy in the movie) is being installed in front of the queue line, greeting you to the showing of the mansion, which is for sale... Throughout the ride, Jim Evers points out the detail of the rooms, all the while you see ghosts.... He is trying to divert your attention away from the spirits while he sells you the house... In the part of the ride where the hitch hiking ghosts appear in your doombuggy, Jim Evers will now replace the ghosts and he will be begging you to buy the house so his family can get to their vacation destination, WDW..... When you exit the ride, you will be handed a deed to the house and the deed will state you are now the 1000th ghost.. Something to that affect.....

T-1MILLION

GothMickey said:
The truth is.... an AA of Jim Evers (Eddie Murphy in the movie) is being installed in front of the queue line, greeting you to the showing of the mansion, which is for sale... Throughout the ride, Jim Evers points out the detail of the rooms, all the while you see ghosts.... He is trying to divert your attention away from the spirits while he sells you the house... In the part of the ride where the hitch hiking ghosts appear in your doombuggy, Jim Evers will now replace the ghosts and he will be begging you to buy the house so his family can get to their vacation destination, WDW..... When you exit the ride, you will be handed a deed to the house and the deed will state you are now the 1000th ghost.. Something to that affect.....

Do not forget about the Beverly Hills cop theme playing!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WDWCPF98

T-1MILLION said:
Nope it is just the remains of an old gate structure. Funny and imaginative stories though. It has sort have become a cult following by many fans.

Are you sure? Disney has so much attention to detail that it seems it must be deliberate. Imagineer's have hidden other things in sidewalks... hidden mickey's to Lady and Tramp's paw prints. Plus it would be easier to replace the stone in which it is embedded than to buff it smooth to prevent injury (if someone ever tripped on it). Also there are no other "rings" from an old gate structure... just one.

But seriously I'm dying to know for sure. Are you certain it is not part of the backstory? Is it truly just the remains of an old gate?

T-1MILLION

WDWCPF98 said:
Are you sure? Disney has so much attention to detail that it seems it must be deliberate. Imagineer's have hidden other things in sidewalks... hidden mickey's to Lady and Tramp's paw prints. Plus it would be easier to replace the stone in which it is embedded than to buff it smooth to prevent injury (if someone ever tripped on it). Also there are no other "rings" from an old gate structure... just one.

But seriously I'm dying to know for sure. Are you certain it is not part of the backstory? Is it truly just the remains of an old gate?

I am positive! Do not get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with fanfiction..even some CMs like to make up their own tales. It has been mentioned in Jason Surrell's book "Haunted Mansion: From the magic Kingdom to the movies" It is more of a cult story. I think that is fine but it is not the official mansion story..The mansion is nothing more than a safe retiremtent home for spooks from all over.:wave:

Chase24

Clarify please

Is there or is there not a closing in the fall. We are planning a DEC trip and this is the 1st time for my Father in law.

Thanks

Main Street USA

T-1MILLION said:
I am positive! Do not get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with fanfiction..even some CMs like to make up there own tales. It has been mentioned in Jason Surrell's book "Haunted Mansion: From the magic Kingdom to the movies" It is more of a cult story. I think that is fine but it is not the official mansion story..The mansion is nothing more than a safe retiremtent home for spooks from all over.:wave:
Have you actually seen the ring? It's clearly not the remains of an old queue post or gate structure.

T-1MILLION

8hmringclose.jpg
Yes I have seen it many times. That is if you are talking about this one.

Just an old piece of a poll.

abian

Kronos said:
DL's HM is only a little bit shorter but overall condition and riding experience way better than MK's. If you want to talk about shorter version thinking about Poor man's version of POTC in MK.

SirGoofy

I rode HM last week, and it was 100x better than when I had ridden it in 2005. The audio was great, I could hear everything, opposed to last time, when I had to press my ear against the speaker. The creepy chair has, in fact, returned to it's normal spot. I have to agree that I would love to see something done with the attic scene. It's so...cheesey. it's like something out of a carnival ride. That bride effect does look really cool, too.

Main Street USA

T-1MILLION said:
8hmringclose.jpg
Yes I have seen it many times. That is if you are talking about this one.

Just an old piece of a poll.
How can you even look at that picture and think that's just an old peice of pole? It looks nothing like what the remnants of a pole would be. It's WAY too small, there are no other "old poles" around, and you'll also notice a jewel type shape attached to it.......if that's not a ring, then I've never seen a ring in my life. (for the record, I've seen many) :lol:

Anyone else besides the two of us and an obscure author of an unofficial book ever seen this thing in person?

Main Street USA

Not a pole either. I've never seen a pole that skinny in a queue area, and there's no reason for there to be 1 cut pole in the area and no others.

uglybug2005

The "ring" is indeed the remnants of one of the supports for the original exit gate (the original attraction entrance was at the beginning of the first green canopy, and the exit was at the end of the second green canopy.) One of the CMs working to remove the gate tried to pry the last bit of the pole out of the cement, but ended up snapping the head off of his screwdriver (that's the "stone"). There is another hole about the same size just a couple of feet away where the other pole was successfully pried out first. They are not the same size as the core-drill stanchions used in the Mansion queue, but that doesn't mean anything. This has been verified by the WDI Art Director for MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom