Haunted Mansion Closing for Refurb Late Fall 2006?

SilentWindODoom

Ugly Bug beat me to it. Yeah, that's the story of the ring. You can tell from closeups that it's the remnants of a broken screwdriver head. It's a simple mistake, but has become a legend amongst the Haunted Mansion and general Disney community. I hope the ring is not lost in the queue rehab. I'm going back next summer, and I have a digital camera now, so I was going to get some great shots. Of course, I also hope it remains because of it's legendary fanrealm signifigance.

uglybug2005

MansionExit.jpg

1: These are the anchor points, where the fence was attached to the main facade building and the large brick pillar. These anchor points supported the bulk of the weight of the fence and gate, so the support poles didn't have to be very large at all.
2: This is the small support pole that could not be fully removed, now commonly known as "the ring."
3: This is the other support pole that was successfully removed. Currently, you will find a small pockmark in the pavement where it was located.

To the right of the large brick pillar there is a much larger gate. This was used as the entrance for guests in wheelchairs initially. Today, it generally stays open at all times.
*Not to scale
*Sorry the picture is so big... my first time posting an image... I'll do better next time, I promise!

T-1MILLION

Thank you so much for that sketch uglybug. That really helps me alot and saves me from having to explain something that some people may not be able to understand what I would be talking about. Thanks for helping prove that the ring is nothing more than some mansion fan fiction.:wave:

-Preston

badrew

T-1MILLION said:
8hmringclose.jpg
Yes I have seen it many times. That is if you are talking about this one.

Just an old piece of a poll.

I took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and we were told that it is not a ring, it is part of the original gate as T has said.

T-1MILLION

Thank you badrew. I am hardly ever right but I know when I know what I am talking about.....I think.:lol: :lol:

I would not say this if I was not sure of it.

SilentWindODoom

I knew there were poles there, but I didn't know there was all that. Anyone have any pictures? Also, are there remnants of the other pieces on the fascade or column?

MrsGracey

Yes, the chair that has nothing to do with Donald has been returned to its rightful spot.
My Doombuggy had no sound at all this past Saturday. Oddly enough I really enjoyed that, it was nice hearing all of the ambient sounds through out the ride.

LilRoo714

I'm sure that would be nice - I'm so used to hearing the squeaking and groaning Omnimover that I would probably hear some things for the first time in the ride!

I bought something from the Haunted Mansion gift shop when I was there in 2002. It was a little doombuggy with Mickey, Goofy, and a glow-in-the dark hitchhiking ghost in it. I did think the gift shop was a little on the small side though, since it was just one of those carts! :eek: Does the Disneyland Haunted Mansion have a gift shop? If its merchandise that I really want, I'll buy it wherever, but I imagine that cart gets alot less business when it is raining.

CaptainMichael

Hmmm...I smell some "strategery" here. They are building the gift shop in anticipation of a big rehab, to take advantage of the large crowds that shall follow its completion. They know that if they do a major rehab and follow it with a nice little marketing push, the crowds will come, ride HM, and then buy merchandise as they leave...

Perhaps I am just bored and over thinking this...

hammysammy59

So if they really are doing a refurb starting this fall, is it safe to assume it'd be done by next fall? I'm sorta kinda planning a trip for Sept. '07, but if there's no Haunted Mansion, there's no hammysammy at WDW.

I hope it's not a giftshop, to be honest. I think it'd kind of kill the atmosphere. I'm definitely okay with them upgrading the popping heads though.

dhcalva

TBH, I don't see them closing the HM so near to the MNSSHP. If they're doing a refurb, it would probably be after that and open for next years party.

While I hope they don't add EM to the ride, I wouldn't mind seeing an updated bride and Madam Leota, not to mention the grave yard. A few 'special' special effects for durring the MNSSHP would be nice as well.

seabee1

I hope that it isn't closed the 1st week of December. We are going down then it is my daughters favorite ride. Some how when we were there last year we never did it. We promised it would not be missed this time. Hopefully, it is something small that won't effect the ride too much. Then after I leave they can do a big refurb. so that when I am back for halloween in 2007 it will be spectacular!:D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom