Haunted Mansion Bike Ghosts & Splash & Yeti & Everest info

squeek

Original Poster
Not sure if this was posted yet, but i was in the mansion today *sept 10th* the final day of my week in the world, and every time i rode HM i looked for not working or fixed effects inside the mansion due to the fact im a mansion super fan. And today the bike riding ghosts in the grave yard are working again. I looked for them everytime i was on it, and as of today they are fixed.. :D yay. The pop up heads are still not working..

As for Splash it had more effects working every day i went on it. So im thinking that during extra magic hours when its not running and during over night it is being worked on. I noticed a few small effects that were not working each time i rode it. Nothing major but one of the fishing birds went from broke to fixed in a day, hopping brer rabbit was broken. A jumping fish by the frog on the crocadile was working, a little bit of water was spurting up under one turtle in the laughing place. So i think things are happening.
Also i never noticed this before but there is a water fall right before the final riverboat scene on splash coming down the side of the mountain right beside your log. I have never seen this working untill this trip. There is still dripping water from the roof during the lift hill for the last drop as other people posted, i also found this very strange.

Now for Everest. No steam on the trains in the loading area, you can hear the steam noise but no steam. Water falls were working, no bird on the stick, and in my opinion the yeti is in an amazing position. He still has no movement but he has more light on him and is super easy to see. He is looking straight down on you and his hand looks like its right in your face. For me this is the best position i have seen him in.

HokieDevil

Thanks for the report. Pretty thorough and hopefully you also had time to enjoy the rides as well while preparing this status update for us...AWESOME

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The HM bikes working.... You mean the lighting has been fixed? So many bulbs had gone they'd become pretty much invisible,

Still no proper water in Laughing Place though?

LarryMorris

Thanks for the report.
a93.jpg

cheezbat

They would have to take the ride down for a year for this to happen.

Great. I wish they'd do it already. I hardly set foot in DAK right now anyway...with the current shape of the park, I won't pay to get in(I only visit when I get in free!). I know people would be upset if Everest was down, but that ride is such terrible show.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Great. I wish they'd do it already. I hardly set foot in DAK right now anyway...with the current shape of the park, I won't pay to get in(I only visit when I get in free!). I know people would be upset if Everest was down, but that ride is such terrible show.
I'd be SHOCKED if we EVER saw the Yeti working in her former glory ever again. It's just not logical to fix it to that degree.

cheezbat

I'd be SHOCKED if we EVER saw the Yeti working in her former glory ever again. It's just not logical to fix it to that degree.

Logical? They spent over a million bucks in the thing! How's that for logical? If I was Disney id be very upset that my million dollar yeti is basically just a statue! That thing was built to move...and to add an awesome final touch to the ride. The whole thing builds up to the encounter with the yeti, and all we get Is a mannequin!

(btw, the yeti is a HE.). ;)

montyz81

Not true, I was told by a CM that that yeti is referred to as "Betty Yeti" and the yeti in the animation at the top is referred to as "Teddy Yeti" or some other male name. I know I have the "Betty Yeti" right, I forgot the male name of the animated one.

midwest_mice

Thanks for the updates. I was there over Labor Day week and noticed the heads not popping up behind the tombstones in HM. Also, that waterfall before the final little drop into the riverboat scene of Splash does get you wet when you get stuck behind a couple of boats awaiting the final little drop. Laughing place does need some work with the water effects.
Was my first trip that i didn't ride Everest, was in AK but did the Safari ride and a few other things I hadn't done in a long time.

ExtinctJenn

Thanks for the updates!! I am always happen to hear when little things like this are fixed. Sure, a good portion of guests don't even notice but y'know what? When they are working, you subconsciously notice even if not consciously. The "story" feels more real.

Logical? They spent over a million bucks in the thing! How's that for logical? If I was Disney id be very upset that my million dollar yeti is basically just a statue! That thing was built to move...and to add an awesome final touch to the ride. The whole thing builds up to the encounter with the yeti, and all we get Is a mannequin!
I think the key is it could cost nearly that much to fix him since it's the foundation he's on (which is shared with the ride structure) that is broken. The AA itself is "fine" but there is huge risk in him moving anymore for that reason. My theory has been that once something else large opens at AK, they'll take Everest down for nearly a year and get it working again (so there is something else "big ticket" for guests to do).

wilkeliza

The yeti is a she. That's what they tell CM on backstage tours. Also although you are upset about the Yeti being in B more the 1,000s of people who visit AK each day would be far more upset if Everest was down before another big ticket item was opened. I want it fixed but I also understand why right now it isn't going to happen. It is a structural issue not just a broken AA.

Ex-Floridian

Although I hear what you are saying, as we only got to see it in position B. However, reality is the milion bucks is gone and you can't get it back. The dollars to put back into it are the dollars not in hand.

Animal Kingdom's original concepts have been transformed many times.

Although, many of us rush back to get on Everest, but I am kinda looking forward to spending a morning there with my hopper ticket. We have been to AK since it opened and let me tell you - talk about crowded (only Africa was open!).

I am also not happy they changed the poacher scenes because some people (probably the ones who got Bugs Bunny off the air) complained.

Animal Kingdom may become another River Country (which I never got to do).

ExtinctJenn

What?! When did this happen? Shows how long it's been since I've been to AK. PC run amok FTL
There's a whole new theme/ending now including a zebra section. The poacher piece was actually removed quite a bit ago. The new zebra replacement opens soon. There's a few threads around the forums on the topic (that I can't find else I'd share them lol).

sgtmgd

They would have to take the ride down for a year for this to happen.

I just got back from WDW last week and was told that a good part of the mountain would have to worked on just to get to the parts of the yeti that need fixed..they built it around him with no access to certain parts and those are the parts..that apparently broke

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom