Haunted Mansion Bike Ghosts & Splash & Yeti & Everest info

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not impossible!
Imagineering-Disney_Haunted-Mansion_Ghost-Bikes.jpg
That's not a photo from either on ride nor proper. :)

Atkins

Banned
Be nice if people could focus on the new info (what has been fixed) as opposed to a dead horse (the Yeti AA) that has been beaten to death so much it is basically neutrons and electrons at this point. Some people come to this forum for new information I think.

Cosmic Commando

Be nice if people could focus on the new info (what has been fixed) as opposed to a dead horse (the Yeti AA) that has been beaten to death so much it is basically neutrons and electrons at this point. Some people come to this forum for new information I think.
We won't stop until we find the Higgs boson! ... or the yeti gets fixed. I'm not sure which is more likely.

draybook

I am also not happy they changed the poacher scenes because some people (probably the ones who got Bugs Bunny off the air) complained.

I thought it was yanked because nobody paid attention to the story and it was stale anyways. I can't say I that I've ever heard anyone come off of the ride talking about the storyline.

jjnshane

Im here in WDW right now, and as we passed the entrance of Magic Kingdom from the monorail, the letters A&G from the Magic Kingdom sign were not lit up! It looks really bad. We were going too fast so I wasn't able to get a picture.

They are in the graveyard on your left, almost at the end of the scene behind the Tea Party. If they are running, you can't miss them -- they are lit up quite well. It is nice to see them again, I think it had been about 2 years since I last saw them working. It isn't really a huge deal, but it adds a bit more to the fun quirkyness of the ride.

ExtinctJenn

Maybe the reason Rohde pushed so hard to convince folks that the Yeti's structure, the mountain and the ride are all interconnected is because they knew if something ever went wrong with the Yeti he'd be to expensive to fix (and people would believe it was really because they can't do anything without disturbing the entire structure)? Conspiracy theories much? LOL!

Alektronic

Maybe the reason Rohde pushed so hard to convince folks that the Yeti's structure, the mountain and the ride are all interconnected is because they knew if something ever went wrong with the Yeti he'd be to expensive to fix (and people would believe it was really because they can't do anything without disturbing the entire structure)? Conspiracy theories much? LOL!

It is the opposite, they are not interconnected, they are 3 independent structures. That was hard part of building it, building 3 different independent structures at the same time.

ExtinctJenn

It is the opposite, they are not interconnected, they are 3 independent structures. That was hard part of building it, building 3 different independent structures at the same time.
Sheesh... even when I'm being sarcastic I'm being corrected. LOL! Ok by interconnected I meant that the 3 separate structures are intertwined. :)

janoimagine

Good idea. When they actually fix something let me know.

harveyt0206

I'm at WDW this week. Rode Mansion three times yesterday and saw the "bike" ghosts for the first time (at least that I can remember) and they looked amazing! It really added a new element to that side of the graveyard. No heads popping up from behind the tombstones though. We are here until the 22nd so I will keep an eye to see if they start popping before we leave.

djkidkaz

Went to AK today and rode Everest and the yeti was not lit up. The strobe was going but to be honest it looked like the yeti was gone or covered. Not really sure though. I was happy to see both waterfalls working though. I remember hearing that they cannibalized one of them to keep the other running, but they are both back in business.

ScarForKing

As far as Everest, all I can say is keep waiting.. But Rhode is trying to bite of a chunk of the Avatar budget (since it was delayed/in limbo/never happening) and fix the yeti, address issues with infrastructure near dinorama, and build a new attraction in the area next to (huge space) Flights of wonder . (in addition to the removal/move of the train and a new path there to Rafiki's).

Yes, you heard it here first, the Avatar budget is officially being cannibalized at this point.

This is pretty interesting and doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention. Any new info on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom