Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

lazyboy97o

No. He was never a part of the MK Haunted Mansion lore. Only Disneyland lore.

He should be left on the West Coast, where he had (at least according to rumor) a home.

Hatty is unique to their version of Haunted Mansion, as was the lore of it (there was never fan lore that he was in the MK version, because it's quite clear he never was...).

We have the Escher stair room, they have Hatty. We have animated hitchhiking ghosts, they have two pet cemeteries (for the time being). Attractions cannot and SHOULD not be the same at every park, even if they are the same general theme.
The Hatbox Ghost was never unique by design. Might as well start saying Captain EO was never intended for Disneyland since it opened at EPCOT Center first.

DDLand

The average guest doesn't realize that though. They think they are virtually identical except that DLR has a smaller castle is something you hear a lot. It took Carsland for a lot of WDW only guests to even entertain the thought of trying DLR.
Who cares if WDW guests want to stay on their coast, and DLR guests want to stay on theirs? With all the cost of travel talk I'm kind've getting a "deal with it vibe" from you. I'm not suggesting that they should abandon their unique histories and characterstics, but come on we're talking about two sister parks.
A lot of people barely know the difference. Why is that? Because they both offer incredible vacation experiences with great service.
Also they have an incredibly guest friendly design with similiar layout.

I believe technology should be shared, but used in different ways. Test Track and RSR is a great example of that. I like that both resorts have Space Mountains, but are very different. We now have several Disney resorts around the world. If we want clones or near clones I think the best business decision would be for sharing among the group of resorts. DLR and Hong Kong get the same parade. WDW got Avatar and they pushed it on Tokyo but they didn't want it, so maybe put it in Shanghai.
Indiana Jones v. Dinosaur Interesting.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The Hatbox Ghost was never unique by design. Might as well start saying Captain EO was never intended for Disneyland since it opened at EPCOT Center first.
I beg to differ. Hatty is unique to that version of the Haunted Mansion. He existed for only a few weeks (at best, no one knows the exact length and even if he really was there after opening, though there is compelling evidence that he was for a short while).

He created such an impact on THIER haunted mansion lore with that limited engagement that his existance and reputation has spanned generations.

He belongs to Disneyland. Disneyland HM fans made him into the cult phenom, and they brought him back with their decades long obsession. That is his home, and the only place he should reside.

lazyboy97o

Who cares if WDW guests want to stay on their coast, and DLR guests want to stay on theirs? With all the cost of travel talk I'm kind've getting a "deal with it vibe" from you. I'm not suggesting that they should abandon their unique histories and characterstics, but come on we're talking about two sister parks.
A lo of people barely know the difference. Why is that? Because they both offer incredible vacation experiences with great service.
Similar is not the same. Excepting The Haunted Mansion and the Enchanted Tiki Room, most attractions were made different for the Magic Kingdom. Even the lands handle their subject matter in rather different manners.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A lot of people barely know the difference. Why is that? Because they both offer incredible vacation experiences with great service.

Indiana Jones v. Dinosaur Interesting.
Indy vs Dinosaur would leave AK fans crying in a corner...

Same ride system, vastly different rides.

lazyboy97o

I beg to differ. Hatty is unique to that version of the Haunted Mansion. He existed for only a few weeks (at best, no one knows the exact length and even if he really was there after opening, though there is compelling evidence that he was for a short while).

He created such an impact on THIER haunted mansion lore with that limited engagement that his existance and reputation has spanned generations.

He belongs to Disneyland. Disneyland HM fans made him into the cult phenom, and they brought him back with their decades long obsession. That is his home, and the only place he should reside.
There are maintenance records, photo and video of the figure in the ride. It was there. The lore only really grew with the Internet. It is only a decades long phenomenon because it has actually been that long since sites like Doombuggies came into existence. All indications are that had the effect work it would have been in Florida like everything else.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Similar is not the same. Excepting The Haunted Mansion and the Enchanted Tiki Room, most attractions were made different for the Magic Kingdom. Even the lands handle their subject matter in rather different manners.
MKs Haunted mansion is different too, same with Tiki (even after the fire refurb).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There are maintenance records, photo and video of the figure in the ride. It was there. The lore only really grew with the Internet. It is only a decades long phenomenon because it has actually been that long since sites like Doombuggies came into existence. All indications are that had the effect work it would have been in Florida like everything else.
The lore grew with the internet (and yes, Doombuggies is a great source for it), but it existed before.

AdrainB

I know that, but there's the difference between the two. One was never in MK's, but one was present in DL, had a placement there, and people actually saw him in the ride, even if for just a few days.

That's only a minor thing for me anyway. Uniqueness is my main reason.

DL gets the NBC layover which is unique to it that MK won't ever get. Major characters should be present in all attractions.

Flippin'Flounder

I drive to DLR. For the price of my DLR AP I can spend a week in Orlando. Obviously it is a much better value if you can drive and go for several visits vs 1 visit to the other resort, which is why I prefaced my statement with YMMV.
I can not drive to DLR, I would take over a week. I drive to WDW, big price difference

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom