Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

Cmdr_Crimson

Also, the story behind him/the prop would be considered too scary for a Disney attraction. They removed the spider web room for this same reason.

Have you seen the Phantom AA At Phantom Manor at DLP? He's pretty Nightmareish..Considering he's trying to stuff your body into a coffin as your trying to escape from Phantom Canyon while the haunting pshyco laughter of Vincent Price keeps going on....and on....and On.....
canyon6.jpg~original

danv3

As @Lee said, a location in WDWs HM was surveyed a few years ago.

Can you say where? I seem to recall some hatboxes across from the bride, but the doombuggy is really facing more toward the bride at that point, so you wouldn't have a great view of him over there.

pumpkin7

Have you seen the Phantom AA At Phantom Manor at DLP? He's pretty Nightmareish..Considering he's trying to stuff your body into a coffin as your trying to escape from Phantom Canyon while the haunting pshyco laughter of Vincent Price keeps going on....and on....and On.....
canyon6.jpg~original

It's been a few years since I've been to Phantom Manor but it's so much more scary than it's counterparts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you say where? I seem to recall some hatboxes across from the bride, but the doombuggy is really facing more toward the bride at that point, so you wouldn't have a great view of him over there.
I was told around the hat boxes and beyond, so I'd assume anywhere from here to the DL position.

I'd think opposite Constance would be sensory overkill and would loose the effect of both.

DDLand

For all those Disneyland fans who say there shouldn't be a Hatbox at MK, why? If your answer to that is simply the two shouldn't share, why?

If you're waiting in the queue of HM at Disneyland getting upset that it isn't "exclusive," then I'd be shocked. If Hatbox does come to MK, people on both coasts will be delighted when they see him. No one is going to be thinking "this Hatbox ghost is cool, but I can't believe it's installed on an attraction thousands of miles away." That's absurd. Giving millions of guests the blow because they visited the wrong Magic Kingdom isn't fair. (especially when they pay more to get in)

I don't know what some of you are trying to do, justify a vacation to WDW?

ToTBellHop

We don't need him in WDW. We have the superior Mansion. Let him stay a DL exclusive.
We most certainly need everything we can get in FL. I'd also like to keep our superior mansion superior. They made some great updates several years back and then faltered with the new queue and hitch hiking ghost effect. A new classic A-A would be most welcome.

seahawk7

Why do the parks always have to have the same things?

Hopefully it stays a Disneyland-exclusive.
I feel the same in this instance. I never understood WDW fans obsession with this bit of Disneyland lore.

I think he should be unique to DL. Once he comes here he loses some luster IMO.
I'm unfamiliar with the Hatbox ghost having exclusive history at DL. Could someone please fill me in?

lazyboy97o

WDW's version of Haunted never had the Hatbox Ghost. But regardless of whether it actually had it, that version should get the Man in Web!

9bdw78.jpg

This dude is WDW's closest equivalent to the HBG.

Well, the Hatbox Ghost never existed in the WDW HM, so why install that there? ;)

It was planned for WDW very early on, but never made it in there. One could say the same for...The Man in Web!
The Hatbox Ghost was never installed in the Magic Kingdom because the effect was dropped. It is not like they were still trying to make it work for Disneyland. They just gave up and tossed the figures.

Expo_Seeker40

When I look at Tokyo Disney's HM ride thru videos, other than still having the original hitchhiking ghosts and attic scene, there isn't much else there I care for.

Compared to DL's, WDW's HM looks far more sinister, sits on a hill, and was repainted a few years ago that made it look maintained with slight aging effects to the facade.

The playplace queue does not effect the classic cemetery next to the door. I know, I've been in the queue many times.

The stretching room has surround sound and the walls creak.

We have the sinister 11 portraits, a longer ride experience, the ghost pianist, endless stairway, etc etc. much better than the cheesey two orange spiders in the spider webs.

The three pieces of dialogue from Paul Frees from the "let me out" guy to Leota were never included in WDW's version. They are only currently missing from DL's.

So other than a messed up attic scene on both coasts, and ours having the CGI hitchiking ghosts which I agree, look bad, I can't fathom how the hatbox ghost, which was supposed to come to WDW's HM had it worked, can't be duplicated now that it finally works.

Last edited:

cwoms197

Original Poster
Disney world has been the only one from what I understand demoing hatbox ghost merch to see of there is a demand for him at the park. And from what I see there are plenty of people wearing shirts with him on it and just about everyone around Halloween time had a hatbox ghost popcorn bucket. I believe these tests we're done to see if people on the east coast want to see him.

180º

Considering WDW doesn't have a piano in the attic, and if they're willing to sacrifice some wedding portrait space, it'd be possible to replicate the original DL attic layout. Move Constance up to the first dormer and stick HBG where Beating-Heart was. I'd honestly prefer that over DL's solution.

mouse_luv

Then do yourself a favor and skip the stretching room.

There's no problem with the stretching room, and yes I know theres a hanging at the end. Whooptido, and how about you figure things out around here with your lack of posts before you come at people. I never said that "I" had a problem with things being too scary. I said PEOPLE complained to Disney and they removed said Spider room, which for the record I had no problem with myself. Go run off and bother someone else now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom