Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

lazyboy97o

Snotty attitude aside, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I knew they were designed together but the final results are pretty different between the 2 HM's and I assumed since they found out years before MK's debuted that it wasn't going in that WED moved on from the idea of a HBG in MK pretty quickly.

Where was it going to be?
The figures and scenic elements were built at the same time. The figure would have gone in the same place it was in in 1969.

HMF

Snotty attitude aside, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I knew they were designed together but the final results are pretty different between the 2 HM's and I assumed since they found out years before MK's debuted that it wasn't going in that WED moved on from the idea of a HBG in MK pretty quickly.

Where was it going to be?
I am 99% certain that had the Hatbox Ghost effect worked in 1969 he would have appeared in the WDW Mansion in 1971.

mouse_luv

That is more of a comment on WDW Management who won't ever let rides close long enough to install holiday overlays.
More like there is more of a demand by tourists at WDW MK and many of them only go once, so that is why the mansion does not get the NBC layover.

Californian Elitist

I may have not been on this forum since the beginning of the internet. But I have been around this forum long enough reading everyone's posts to know that it absolutely is NOT ridiculous. Just this thread on its own proves my point.

The majority of people who praise Disneyland on this site are WDW vets, not DL vets. The number of DL folk on this site, true, legit folk who've grown up with the place and regularly post on the DL forum can be counted on one hand. We keep to ourselves in the DL forum and rarely, if never, bring up WDW. Our conversations are 99% about the Disneyland Resort.

The DL folk on this thread have stated we prefer to keep the parks different and unique, both the DLR ones and the WDW ones. How did you constitute that as us believing Disneyland is superior and wanting to keep it that way?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The DL folk on this thread have stated we prefer to keep the parks different and unique, both the DLR ones and the WDW ones. How did you constitute that as us believing Disneyland is superior and wanting to keep it that way?

I did not constitute anything with just this one statement you mention. But reading this entire thread and I start to see a trend. And then reading past threads and current ones, I see a very clear picture.

Of course, I would not expect anyone to admit to this.

lazyboy97o

The majority of people who praise Disneyland on this site are WDW vets, not DL vets. The number of DL folk on this site, true, legit folk who've grown up with the place and regularly post on the DL forum can be counted on one hand. We keep to ourselves in the DL forum and rarely, if never, bring up WDW. Our conversations are 99% about the Disneyland Resort.

Phrases like "true, legit folk" aren't helping your point.

Being disingenuous is a classic stereotype of those feigning superiority. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, there has been a lot of attachment to an argument that is based on stretching a simple statement of fact to mean something that is not true.

Californian Elitist

Phrases like "true, legit folk" aren't helping your point.

Being disingenuous is a classic stereotype of those feigning superiority. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, there has been a lot of attachment to an argument that is based on stretching a simple statement of fact to mean something that is not true.

I was solely referring to the "unique" factor, so in that case, that phrase does help my point.

In regards to the Hatbox subject, just because people are arguing about whether this one animatronic truly belonged in Florida or not, that doesn't automatically mean people believe Disneyland is so superior and want to see WDW inferior. That is one of the most strangest things one could get from that. While I disagree the company had no intentions on putting Hattie in MK, I don't appreciate people taking that argument, twisting it, and saying I and others believe Disneyland is superior and want to keep it that way. It's absurd.

I'm done talking about this, as I never argued about Hattie's place in MK's Mansion anyway.

lazyboy97o

I was solely referring to the "unique" factor, so in that case, that phrase does help my point.

In regards to the Hatbox subject, just because people are arguing about whether this one animatronic truly belonged in Florida or not, that doesn't automatically mean people believe Disneyland is so superior and want to see WDW inferior. That is one of the most strangest things one could get from that. While I disagree the company had no intentions on putting Hattie in MK, I don't appreciate people taking that argument, twisting it, and saying I and others believe Disneyland is superior and want to keep it that way. It's absurd.

I'm done talking about this, as I never argued about Hattie's place in MK's Mansion anyway.
It's not really a big twist. It is a rather prevalent stereotype that people lie to look superior to others.

Magenta Panther

I think Hatty ought to be exclusive to Disneyland's Mansion. That's where he first appeared (for only a day, it seems). He has historical context there. That's what makes his reappearance so special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom