Has StormStruck struck?

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Just wondering if the new StormStruck exhibit has opened in Innoventions yet.I'm heading up to EPCOT next week and I would love to see it if it is indeed, open.

Thanks!

EE

CrashNet

It takes you through what would happen to a house with and without added protection from a major storm (read hurricane.) You'll go into a "house" and experience what its like to be inside during a major storm and what can happen to that house during the storm.

PrincessBitty

We were staying at the GF when Hurricane Charlie came through in '04 - don't really think I'll need an exhibit to let me know what a hurricane is like!

datw@epcot

To the Universal post - I'm sure the tornado and hurricane experiences are a little different, should be interesting.

To the Charlie post - I was also at the GF for Charlie, I think we had a bit of a different experience than most people, I think if I had my window shades closed, I may not have known I was in a hurricane considering how stable and quiet the building was.

banimall

Let's hope it includes Bill Paxton. Intensity.

:ROFLOL:I'm hoping that's sarcasm. I can't stand the narration in twister, his delivery is flatter than a pancake. I actually do a good impression...."Twisters are very dangerous, if you ever see one you should get out of the path". It's actually better if you hear me deliver it.

Jasonflz

If Bill Paxton was hosting this this is what it would sound like.

"Hello. I'm Bill Paxton and welcome to Epcot Center. I'm Bill Paxton and you are about to experience StormStruck. Hurricanes are a deadly force of nature,Bill Paxton, and they can ruin thousands of lives. I'm Bill Paxton so gather all of your belongings and move inside the theater. Have a great Bill Paxton day."

Notice the pattern?

banimall

"Hello. I'm Bill Paxton and welcome to Epcot Center. I'm Bill Paxton and you are about to experience StormStruck. Hurricanes are a deadly force of nature,Bill Paxton, and they can ruin thousands of lives. I'm Bill Paxton so gather all of your belongings and move inside the theater. Have a great Bill Paxton day."

Notice the pattern?

I have to say that that's Bill Paxtontastic

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
am I the only one who thinks this sounds a little like the universal attraction twister?
They wont even be close. Twister basically recreates a scene from a movie and there is considerably more fantasy than fact in that scene. Storm Struck will let you experience, somewhat first hand, what would actually happen in a house during a hurricane both with and without current hurricane resistant constructions methods.

Granted, Twister will probably be more the more entertaining of the two attractions but this is simply an exhibit in Inoventions and not a full blown attraction.

Frank Stallone

Notice the pattern?

Your sentences are too long. Bill Paxton. Intensity. Finger of God. Bill Paxton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom