Has StormStruck struck?

Tink313

Well I just read on Tour Planing.com; That rumor has it that it will being a soft opening on Monday Aug 4 Hope youll be able to see it good luck and have a great trip.:wave:

Spike-in-Berlin

am I the only one who thinks this sounds a little like the universal attraction twister?

Well if it would be a tornado and not a hurricane you would be probably right. However there is a BIG difference between both so it would be a complete different experience.
It reminds me MUCH more of the now-extinct Planet Ocean oceanographic museum in Miami/Key Biscayne which closed in 1991. They had a section, I forgot the name, that was "themed" as a hurricane attraction. It was of course very small and not very elaborated but really scary. There were some adults that didn't walk thru but preferred to pass it. I always thought it would be a good minor attraction for WDW.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Well if it would be a tornado and not a hurricane you would be probably right. However there is a BIG difference between both so it would be a complete different experience.
It reminds me MUCH more of the now-extinct Planet Ocean oceanographic exhibition in Miami/Key Biscayne. They had a section, I forgot the name, that was "themed" as a hurricane attraction. It was of course very small and not very elaborated but really scary. There were some adults that didn't walk trough but preferred to pass it. I always thought it would be a good minor attraction for WDW.

I saw that!...Yeah, I think you are right...

epcot85

I spoke to a cm today and she said that soft openings should be some time next week, so take that for what it's worth. I haven't been to wonderworks in a couple of years but as i recall they have or had a hurricane simulator, you would stand in a booth while a huge fan almost blew you away.

CrashNet

Consider it done...Just remind me,

Where in Innoventions is thins gonna be?
Storm Struck will be in Innoventions East in the space that used to be the Forest, across from what used to be Toon Tag and is now Waste Management, and beside the now closed ( :( ) Fantastic Plastics Works. So hard to believe that since I left (I used to work at Innoventions) pratically the entire show floor has been redone.

Spike-in-Berlin

Consider it done...Just remind me,

Where in Innoventions is thins gonna be?

Good!:)
Actually I can't await it. I know for most of the guests its not a big thing but to a storm fan and wanna-be-chaser like me it's near to a new E-ticket at EPCOT if it is done good. I already enjoyed the hurricane section at Planet Ocean and I am sure a disney imagineered storm-attraction must be even better.

hpyhnt 1000

Exactly...;)

Innoventions East here I come!(So is this near the EPCOT CENTER 25th exhibit?)

No, the EPCOT gallery is in Inv. West. Inv. East is (obviously) on the other side. Look for the entrance between Guest Relations and the Electric Umbrella.

And may I wish you an exciting and fun-filled trip! :wave:

Exprcoofto

I'm leaving Aug. 12 through the 24 so if it doesn't open up within the next week or two I will let everyone know how it is. (Lets hope it opens sooner than later...)

It sounds like a blast, I can't wait! :sohappy:

hemloc

It won't truly be a simulation unless they include the suspenseful "Find the gas station with the shortest line" simulator:lookaroun!!! Of course, the wait time could be hours:eek:!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom