Has anyone had a good experience with magic Express?

wannabeBelle

DisneyGrl85 said:
When I called Disney they had a problem finding the airline's code. I guess that's how Disney books you for DME. I guess I should just call them and get an update. I do know that all we have to do is check in at the DME counter at MCO and go. That is so nice!
OK folks Never let it be said that this is less than a full service board!!! I called Hooters air and the nice lady I talked to had said it could be either PCE ( This is the one I think it is, as Hooters is run by Pace Airlines) Or H1 That is the number one. I say give both a try one of them should work!!!! I have already made up several jokes about this but as this is a family board I will refrain!!! Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Discmen

Used DME for June trip. Absolutely no problems. Got off the tram, immediately saw the white glove. No wait at check in, ten minutes for a bus. We were the second stop. The luggage arrived in our room before we could get changed to go to MK. Flew on Song, and did the check in at the hotel early the morning of our departure. The bus arrived on time, the goodbye video was great, and all of our luggage was there at JFK as promised.

DME worked great for me and my family. Getting my luggage from the Poly to the Boardwalk was another story (luggage didn't arrive until almost 7:00 pm.)

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Discmen said:
Used DME for June trip. Absolutely no problems. Got off the tram, immediately saw the white glove. No wait at check in, ten minutes for a bus. We were the second stop. The luggage arrived in our room before we could get changed to go to MK. Flew on Song, and did the check in at the hotel early the morning of our departure. The bus arrived on time, the goodbye video was great, and all of our luggage was there at JFK as promised.

DME worked great for me and my family. Getting my luggage from the Poly to the Boardwalk was another story (luggage didn't arrive until almost 7:00 pm.)

Thanks...that's good to know...

leaving in 10 days...well, in another minute 9 days

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am still having problems with DME. I have clients who I added DME to their res. back in mid May and they recieved their tags 2 days before the trip. This is after I spent 30 mins. on the phone (yesterday while driving home from Georgia) with DME and getting a CM that tells me that they have a lot of people who did not get their tags sent on time....

It's very frustrating when they don't hold up their end. It makes the TA look bad.

Pam

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Just thought I'd post my experiences with Magical Express. We opted to get our own bags since we were arriving at 11:30 at night. There was no wait for a bus and we got the whole bus to ourselves plus one other couple. From landing time to sitting in our room with a pizza on the way ordered by the front desk it was about an hour, and we stopped for some pictures on the way. The trip back to the airport was good too - we arrived with plenty of time to check in and grab some breakfast before boarding. I'd highly reccomend this service to anyone.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
PamelaNiebergal said:
Just thought I'd post my experiences with Magical Express. We opted to get our own bags since we were arriving at 11:30 at night. There was no wait for a bus and we got the whole bus to ourselves plus one other couple. From landing time to sitting in our room with a pizza on the way ordered by the front desk it was about an hour, and we stopped for some pictures on the way. The trip back to the airport was good too - we arrived with plenty of time to check in and grab some breakfast before boarding. I'd highly reccomend this service to anyone.

Thank you for sharing that...I leave next week.

Mmmm...did you ever get one of those personal pizza's at the foodcourt (Port Orleans) around midnight?

I love to end the evening with walking to the foodcourt with my Resort Mug for some lemonade or coffee...and once and a while, i'll get one of those pizzas...cause I can.
:slurp:

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

d'Isigny said:
Thank you for sharing that...I leave next week.

Mmmm...did you ever get one of those personal pizza's at the foodcourt (Port Orleans) around midnight?

I love to end the evening with walking to the foodcourt with my Resort Mug for some lemonade or coffee...and once and a while, i'll get one of those pizzas...cause I can.
:slurp:

Yes, those personal pizza's are so good after a long day at the parks - and you can't go wrong with the free drinks. :slurp:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

My experience from this week's trip:

MAGIC EXPRESS ROCKS!!!

Everything about it was absolutley perfect! I can't imagine ever doing it any other way....which is exactly what Disney wants to hear, I'm sure! :lol:

Oh....and d'Isigny: I did EXACTLY the same thing at French Quarter this week! Those pizzas and Resort mugs just seem to officially declare the perfect ending to another perfect Disney day!!! :slurp:

:wave:

Upvote 0

RICK8868

Just got back a few days ago from a great week. We decided to use ME and hope for the best. We packed stuff we needed in our carry on just incase there were problems. We flew Delta and had to change planes in Atlanta. (Had to change planes on the return flight also.) When we arrived in Orlando and got off the tram we saw the CM with the Mickey hands. He joked around with us and another couple. He told us where to go and we followed his directions. The Disney welcome center is located where the rental car agencies are. Once they confirmed us, we boarded the bus and headed off to our resort, the Polynesian. The bus (full size coach) showed a video during the trip. Our bus stopped off at the Wilderness Lodge first before stopping over at the Polynesian. Checking in was quick and our room was ready. We landed in Orlando at 10:45am and we were in our room at 12:45pm. We went to Epcot to have lunch in Mexico, when we returned about 4pm our luggage was there. On the way back home we checked our luggage at the resort and recieved our boarding passes. We had a 5pm flight but we had to be back to pick up the bus at 1:45pm. I thought it was early but it wasn't that bad and I didn't have to worry about a thing. When we got back home we recieved our luggage without any problems. I would reccommend it without hesitation. :)

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
BRER STITCH said:
My experience from this week's trip:

MAGIC EXPRESS ROCKS!!!

Everything about it was absolutley perfect! I can't imagine ever doing it any other way....which is exactly what Disney wants to hear, I'm sure! :lol:

Oh....and d'Isigny: I did EXACTLY the same thing at French Quarter this week! Those pizzas and Resort mugs just seem to officially declare the perfect ending to another perfect Disney day!!! :slurp:

:wave:

~sigh~

gotta love it...

come visit your neighbor next time to catch Bob Jackson...makes for a delightful evening

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
RICK8868 said:
Just got back a few days ago from a great week. We decided to use ME and hope for the best. We packed stuff we needed in our carry on just incase there were problems. We flew Delta and had to change planes in Atlanta. (Had to change planes on the return flight also.) When we arrived in Orlando and got off the tram we saw the CM with the Mickey hands. He joked around with us and another couple. He told us where to go and we followed his directions. The Disney welcome center is located where the rental car agencies are. Once they confirmed us, we boarded the bus and headed off to our resort, the Polynesian. The bus (full size coach) showed a video during the trip. Our bus stopped off at the Wilderness Lodge first before stopping over at the Polynesian. Checking in was quick and our room was ready. We landed in Orlando at 10:45am and we were in our room at 12:45pm. We went to Epcot to have lunch in Mexico, when we returned about 4pm our luggage was there. On the way back home we checked our luggage at the resort and recieved our boarding passes. We had a 5pm flight but we had to be back to pick up the bus at 1:45pm. I thought it was early but it wasn't that bad and I didn't have to worry about a thing. When we got back home we recieved our luggage without any problems. I would reccommend it without hesitation. :)

thank you for the info...

I LOVE Mexico...one of the restaurants on the list...

Upvote 0

colliera

Tale of Two Trips

Trip # 1, (May 4, '05 - May 11, '05) - Southwest Airlines from Nashville to Orlando Intl. Arrived the day BEFORE DME started so too bad for me, (But I was there on 05/05/05). Checked my own luggage and picked it up. Took Quicksilver to Pop Century. had three calls from DME saying they didn't have my return flight info. Finally Lobby front desk assisted me to get it through to them. Return trip, I had bell services pick up my luggage from the room, enjoyed the parks all day. Retrived the luggage from bell services and placed on the DME bus back to the airport. Trip was uneventful except for the DVD was the last part of Shrek II (?!??!) and the bus driver having to stand on the brakes to keep from running down an Orlando police car that cut in front of the bus at the airport. Checked my own luggage into SWA. See, you don't have to be with a partner airline to use the service. Just have to lug your own.

Trip #2, (June 25, '05 - June 38, '05) - Delta Connection from Nashville to Orlando Intl. Last minute planned trip so I was too close in to received the luggage tags so I had to check in with Delta on my own, (Delta is a partner airline). Even though I didn't have tags I was guided to the DME Welcome center. Gave the DME CM my airline luggage check numbers and a discription of the bags - "It's a large black case with rollers and a pull up handle." (Do you think they can find it)? Actually, one was that and the other was a tweed silver roller type. I did do two things to help them out. I took a photo of the bags and printed out the self-tagged addressing on a sheet to present to the DME CM and they had 5 inch red Mickey head shaped luggage tags on them as well. DME did the retrival for me. I was staying at Port Orleans - Riverside this time. Checked in and headed for the MK. Only problem was the check-in booklet from the PO-R was more than I wanted to wag around the park. DW remembered the lockers under the train station. Bingo!

When I got back from the park - I stayed until close - the bags were in the room about 9 hours later. Hey, isn't the idea to forget the luggage and get to the park? When I checked in I didn't even have a room assignment. (What is with people checking in and then running to the room to see if they beat the luggage there)?

When I left I checked the luggage in the lobby at the airport check-in desk. Got my boarding pass and hit the parks again. Returned two hours and 45 minutes before my flight left as instructed. The bus was on time. Waited an extra five minutes for another family that turned into a no show. Didn't see any goodbye DVD as I and the DW were the only two people on the bus so we chatted with the driver. He was actually a middle management scheduler that was a former bus driver for Mears and before that a ten year truck driver. Apparently they are using some management to cover runs if they want the extra pay.

Sailed through the security check point as there was no carry on luggage of which to speak. Retrived my luggage as expected back in Nashville.

Analysis: Startup was rocky. Data systems were not holding information about guests and flights in a consistent manner. Disney employee presence was not sufficient to oversee the welcome center.

Now CMs are falling all over you - just look for the big Mickey hands they wear. Magic even happens while you are in que for the bus. CM got the DW to lead the other 250 waiting people in a chorus of it's a small world. (Moan, sigh).

Cons: No rolling up to the resort in a Lincoln, no grocery stop, probably no direct route to your resort. I stopped at Old Key West, Port Orleans - French Quarter first but they were on the way.

Results: I'm going back the end of October. If I can get a flight on a partner airline I will use DME again.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

we had a good experience!!

Just got back last night from a great trip to Disney. We flew SW and used ME and thought it was great! It took a total of 1 1/2 hrs from touchdown to check in--not bad at all I thought! We made one stop at Pop Century and then on to Coronado Springs. Our luggage got there just fine--our problem was it took forever for our rooms to be ready and then the key card machine broke so we had to get temporary cards.

The return flight worked out for us also, but I am not so sure about some other people. We changed resorts during our stay so we departed from Fort Wilderness and we were the first stop. We were scheduled to leave at 5:15 but were there early -Thankfully!! because we left about 5:10! we were the first stop and were supposed to make 4 more stops but after the 1st 2 stops--PO riverside & French Quarter the bus was packed!! I guess the other 2 stops were out of luck!! The driver had to call for a new bus to go get them and it really made me wonder--why don't they have a count of people scheduled to depart??? That was my only issue--Thank God we were the first people to be picked up! We got to the airport about 2 hrs early which worked out good since we had a chance to grap a quick dinner before departing.

So, all in all a very positive experience with ME--we will definitely use it again! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ReneeW

Participating airline

Does anyone know if Mid West Air is a participating airline? With 4 kids in tow, it would make it sooooo much easier arriving and especially leaving if we can get the boarding pass at the resort. Thanks for all your help.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

ReneeW said:
Does anyone know if Mid West Air is a participating airline? With 4 kids in tow, it would make it sooooo much easier arriving and especially leaving if we can get the boarding pass at the resort. Thanks for all your help.

For the Resort Airline Check-In Service, the following are the only participating Airlines:

American Airlines
Delta (including Song)
Continential
United (including Ted)

No new airlines have been added to the original agreement.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I am still having problems with DME. I have clients who I added DME to their res. back in mid May and they recieved their tags 2 days before the trip. This is after I spent 30 mins. on the phone (yesterday while driving home from Georgia) with DME and getting a CM that tells me that they have a lot of people who did not get their tags sent on time....

It's very frustrating when they don't hold up their end. It makes the TA look bad.

Pam

We're the clients referred to in Pam's posting. As a post script to the above; we arrived at Orlando airport at 1:01 PM on 7/7 and found our way to the check-in counter very quickly. Check in was a breeze. We moved to the queue for the bus and boarded within a couple minutes. Bus stopped at WL, Contemporary and the our resort the Poly. Since our room was not ready yet, we dumped our carry-ons with the bell hops and headed to the MK. We went back to the room around 8:00 PM to do some swimming. The bags were not there yet. We called bell services and they brought all the bags, carry ons and the luggage we had checked with American right up.

On departure day, 7/15, we did the airline check-in thing and went off to the MK. We had a 8:20 PM flight and were scheduled for a 5:15 pick up. Bus arrived at 5:20 and we were off to GF then to airport. We discovered when we arrived the American had a 2 hour delay. As of the time we left the Poly, the flight was still "on time". This verified by a phone call and a check on the internet. When we finally arrived home, Chicago, at midnight, our bags arrived with us.

Except for receiving the DME tags just 2 days before we were to leave, the whole process went very smoothly. Thanks Pam for everything.

Upvote 0

mjs1902

DME and luggage

I have read and need to make clear to myself ...... you do not need to use the luggage part of DME. You can pick up your own luggage at baggage claim and then board DME. The driver will put your luggage in storage and then you get it out when you arrive at your resort. Same for the return. You arrive at the designated time .... store your luggage on the bus and then ride back to the airport. Does this sound right?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Correct MJS. Just make sure you DO NOT put on the special yellow barcoded tags on your luggage. If you get pretty luggage tags with Tinkerbell and the Castle on it with a spot for your name etc you can use them or not. That WONT affect the pickup of your bags. The Yellow tagged bags will be pulled before they get to baggage claim so if you wish to pull your bags yourself DONT Tag them!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom