Has anyone had a good experience with magic Express?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I did!

The shiney-new bus used it's blinker as it changed lanes to get infront of me on my way to Epcot! Whoo, stunning customer service in action :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Actually according to some of the more recent reports, things are starting to look up for the service. A lot of the problems had to do with people not getting their bag tags in time for the trip, which led to a lot of manual processes, which delayed everything. This is being eliminated and obviously the longer that the service is in place, the better it will be. I am perfectly comfortable using DME for my up and coming trip but if you are stressing over it, then by all means, call Quicksilver and start your vacation of magically!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

we just came back from disney, we used the magical express and had no problems...it was nice not to deal with the hassle of the luggage...and my inlaws who did not receive their tags had no problems either...they just had to show the magical express cm's her disney vacation confirmation number with her licence and that was it..as we were walking into the airport terminal there were disney people all over the place with their mickey gloves to help you along the way...we had a great experience...which they were very helpful for us! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

oh i forgot...when we got to our resort checked in and got a bite to eat, within that time our bags were in our room when we got there...my inlaws were not ...they arrived probably a half hour later...but that was it..

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
I did!

The shiney-new bus used it's blinker as it changed lanes to get infront of me on my way to Epcot! Whoo, stunning customer service in action :)

not bad...considering a Mears driver...

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Actually according to some of the more recent reports, things are starting to look up for the service. A lot of the problems had to do with people not getting their bag tags in time for the trip, which led to a lot of manual processes, which delayed everything. This is being eliminated and obviously the longer that the service is in place, the better it will be. I am perfectly comfortable using DME for my up and coming trip but if you are stressing over it, then by all means, call Quicksilver and start your vacation of magically!!!! Belle

I really want to use the Magical Express...I just don't want to lose my bags or wait 2 hours to depart from the airport...

and I still have to call Disney again, because the last person that I talked to told me that I had to get my own bag...and I think they were ill informed.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
dixiegirl said:
we just came back from disney, we used the magical express and had no problems...it was nice not to deal with the hassle of the luggage...and my inlaws who did not receive their tags had no problems either...they just had to show the magical express cm's her disney vacation confirmation number with her licence and that was it..as we were walking into the airport terminal there were disney people all over the place with their mickey gloves to help you along the way...we had a great experience...which they were very helpful for us! :sohappy:

Thanks fellow Dixie Landings lover!

Did you get in early? Did it take long to get moving?

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
dixiegirl said:
oh i forgot...when we got to our resort checked in and got a bite to eat, within that time our bags were in our room when we got there...my inlaws were not ...they arrived probably a half hour later...but that was it..

not a bad thing....

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there, I know the fact that you HAVE to get your own bags is absolutely untrue. If you go to the person with the Mickey Gloves, my understanding is that they will make a copy of your baggage claim check. Disney will then pull the bags for you and get the to where you are going. You CAN pull the bags yourself if that will make you feel more comfortable in terms of knowing that your bags have made it along with you! I AM going to Riverside as well on May 21st so I may see you there and I Am using DME. I dont think it is going to be any problem, so Hakuna Matata!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Currently Disney's Magical Express's travel time and luggage service is almost up to Disney's expectations.

Average wait time at Welcome Center to sign in: 15 mins
Average wait time to board motorcoach after guest signs in: 15 mins
Average Luggage delivery time from landing (with or without tags attached): 2 hours

These are current averages only, based on information posted in the cast portal on 5/11/05. Your wait times may be longer or shorter depending on the total number of arriving flights at any given time.

Your return to the airport is scheduled to depart at about 2 hours 45 minutes before guest flight time. It is per FAA request that all passengers arrive at least 2 hours before flights to check luggage, receive boarding passes, and pass security.

Do be sure to call (866) 599-0951 to inquire about DME luggage tags and flight information if they do not arrive within 4-5 days of your departure date. With or without luggage tags you DO NOT need to pull your own luggage, Disney will do this for you and deliver it directly to your resort room.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Thanks as always JPVonDrake!!!!!!!!! I am thinking this is going to be fine!!!! I have a good feeling about this. I have posted the next thing on a few threads but I think it bears repeating. Any items that you will need immediately be sure to pack in a carry on piece of luggage that you will take with you. Some of the items that I would say to put in a carry on are prescriptions of any sort, eyeglasses, money/ travelers checks, a swimsuit if you want to hit the pools immediately, Jewelery, camera equipment, a pair of shorts if you are wearing longer pants for the trip down, etc. All valuables should be carried on your person as there are airport screeners that will be going through the luggage. This has nothing to do with Disney and is simply airline security procedures. I may be being overly cautious but it is OK, and you will have all of your necessary items for at least the first few hours. Just as a sidebar, everytime that I plan like that and prepare for something to go wrong, it never does!!! Here is to hoping it goes as well for all of us here at WDWMagic!!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

We called about our luggage tags the other day just to check if they'd been sent and they told us about the delay, which JPVonDrake told us about here first!

Our package was fed-exed and got here the next day. We now have 4 days until we leave and are all set with DME. The packet that the tags came in was perfect and told us everything we need to know.

Our plane arrives at 10:30 at night or so, so I don't expect any problems or having to wait long to get to our resort.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Hey there, I know the fact that you HAVE to get your own bags is absolutely untrue. If you go to the person with the Mickey Gloves, my understanding is that they will make a copy of your baggage claim check. Disney will then pull the bags for you and get the to where you are going. You CAN pull the bags yourself if that will make you feel more comfortable in terms of knowing that your bags have made it along with you! I AM going to Riverside as well on May 21st so I may see you there and I Am using DME. I dont think it is going to be any problem, so Hakuna Matata!!!!!! Belle

That would be great...but I'm going in July...

I do trust Disney...but have absolutely no faith in Mears...

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:
Currently Disney's Magical Express's travel time and luggage service is almost up to Disney's expectations.

Average wait time at Welcome Center to sign in: 15 mins
Average wait time to board motorcoach after guest signs in: 15 mins
Average Luggage delivery time from landing (with or without tags attached): 2 hours

These are current averages only, based on information posted in the cast portal on 5/11/05. Your wait times may be longer or shorter depending on the total number of arriving flights at any given time.

Your return to the airport is scheduled to depart at about 2 hours 45 minutes before guest flight time. It is per FAA request that all passengers arrive at least 2 hours before flights to check luggage, receive boarding passes, and pass security.

Do be sure to call (866) 599-0951 to inquire about DME luggage tags and flight information if they do not arrive within 4-5 days of your departure date. With or without luggage tags you DO NOT need to pull your own luggage, Disney will do this for you and deliver it directly to your resort room.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Thank you for being so helpful.

I don't mind if the luggage takes 2 hours...I just don't want to take 2 hours getting from the airport to Disney.

I plan on checking in...getting tickets...running to bus stop.

oh, I'll wait for my family...

only if they can keep up.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

You arent alone in that statement let me tell ya. My understanding of the process though is that Mears is handling the drivers and insurance. The actual running of the program is being handled by Disney!!! I have faith!!! And by July I wouldnt hesitate to say that this will be running like a well oiled machine, so I really wouldnt worry if I were you. As I said I Am scheduled to go in exactly one week from today and will give a complete report when I get back, sooner if I can get my clammy claws on a PC!!! If I feel there is something that I REALLY think has to be posted I will get it to Pam of kingdom Konsultant and have her post it. I Am anticipating a smooth transition though!!! Belle

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Thanks as always JPVonDrake!!!!!!!!! I am thinking this is going to be fine!!!! I have a good feeling about this. I have posted the next thing on a few threads but I think it bears repeating. Any items that you will need immediately be sure to pack in a carry on piece of luggage that you will take with you. Some of the items that I would say to put in a carry on are prescriptions of any sort, eyeglasses, money/ travelers checks, a swimsuit if you want to hit the pools immediately, Jewelery, camera equipment, a pair of shorts if you are wearing longer pants for the trip down, etc. All valuables should be carried on your person as there are airport screeners that will be going through the luggage. This has nothing to do with Disney and is simply airline security procedures. I may be being overly cautious but it is OK, and you will have all of your necessary items for at least the first few hours. Just as a sidebar, everytime that I plan like that and prepare for something to go wrong, it never does!!! Here is to hoping it goes as well for all of us here at WDWMagic!!! Belle

do people actually pack money in their suitcases?

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
We called about our luggage tags the other day just to check if they'd been sent and they told us about the delay, which JPVonDrake told us about here first!

Our package was fed-exed and got here the next day. We now have 4 days until we leave and are all set with DME. The packet that the tags came in was perfect and told us everything we need to know.

Our plane arrives at 10:30 at night or so, so I don't expect any problems or having to wait long to get to our resort.

Good thing is...I'm booked for July...so a lot of the kinks will be worked out by then. Disney is very detail oriented, so I have extreme faith.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
You arent alone in that statement let me tell ya. My understanding of the process though is that Mears is handling the drivers and insurance. The actual running of the program is being handled by Disney!!! I have faith!!! And by July I wouldnt hesitate to say that this will be running like a well oiled machine, so I really wouldnt worry if I were you. As I said I Am scheduled to go in exactly one week from today and will give a complete report when I get back, sooner if I can get my clammy claws on a PC!!! If I feel there is something that I REALLY think has to be posted I will get it to Pam of kingdom Konsultant and have her post it. I Am anticipating a smooth transition though!!! Belle

This Pam character...do you use her to book flights and everything?

Usually I book flights through Expedia and the resort and tickets through Disney. Transportation is booked separately as well...and thanks to this site...I found out about QuickSilver.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

well Pam is truly a character!!!! Seriously though, I do book all of my room only packages through her. The reason they are room only is that I am an AP holder and she will always book me at the AP rate and has called Disney back to rebook me when a discount became available for a trip I had previously booked with her. I dont know of any other travel agents who will call to get you a better discount!!! She also does book air ( yes she does mine as she consistently manages to find better fares than I can on Travelocity) I havent used Expedia but I would say to call her and compare the prices and go with whichever is lower!!!! Pam also can get park tickets at a small discount through Maple Leaf Tickets She also books Quicksilver for anyone who requests a towncar/taxi type of service. She is kinda one stop shopping. Pam will book what you tell her to from a room only and nothing else ( Which I have done) all the way up to the most complex packages out there!!! Many of the folks here on the boards use her services and are very happy with her. As always there is no charge to book a room, or a package. The ONLY charge that Pam does do directly is to set up an itinerary for your dining and park touring and this is only a charge service if you DONT book a package through her!!! With the purchase of a package this service is a part of the package and is included at no charge!!! Any questions please ask, and I will do my best to answer!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom