Has anyone ever thought you'd be better off not visiting these boards?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
This thread is on my radar. ;)

So far, people are being fairly civil; I've seen far, far worse. But I wouldn't be surprised if things got nasty. I wouldn't be happy about it, either.

So, let's think before posting, and refrain from personal attacks.

Thanks!

Steve's Angels.
:rolleyes: :lol:

That makes it official!

Steve's Angels is real!

jcowens2000

Hi,
I agree...sometimes the comments on the boards can put a downer on things. But, I feel like I can "peek" into the parks between trips (every 2 yrs). It reminds me of how awesome Disney is and makes me want to go back. I especially feel connected when I read the "park updates" by people who live in the area and visit the parks weekly. :)

Spyne

On the contrary, I'm actually happy I've visited these boards. It has helped boost up my WDW/Disney fandom once again, and it has widened my knowledge of exactly everything WDW has to offer, including all the little details. So I'm actually happy I joined WDWMagic.

RayLaVeau

I'm just here to post my pics, look at others pics, and wonder why I didn' think of the question ....why do I come here? I know...so I will be reminded of all the things that are going on around me when I am there..I love reading about everyones trial and tribulations in the parks, and wondering why joe schmo doesnt like sci-fi's burger versus the contempo's burger, or hearin the best new thing that happened today at the DHS...heck it makes me want to visit the world even more, cuz I'm jealous of that crazy guy that post a million some odd post's with characters in the pic section and wonder if I have should of chosen another profession because he is obviously doing something right to be at WDW so often..lol :ROFLOL:
anyway back to saving my money so I can come and have breakfast with Don, and Mick and the goof again....oh yeah...and ride those great rides and experience the ambiance that only WDW can create in us...and to that person that said, I like SSE because I like it.... or if I didnt I would say so...exactly...that is why we are here!!!
to express and share, and let others know, especially the newbies and others that have felt compelled to search out the answers that we can we provide...... God Bless the Internet,,and see ya real soon :wave:
Ray

haveyoumetmark

I love these boards, although I would be able to do without some people.... you can't really let them bother you. I LOVE behind the scenes stuff, I would be the one creating the magic. I just have a knack for how things work and that's honestly why I am so utterly fascinated by Disney. Plus, I can't help but to love Hannah Montana. :lol:

Steve's Angels.... :lol: that's hysterical! I love it!

Once in a while, some members may become aggravating. That's completely understandable, it's like that at work and everywhere else in life. Most people just keep to themselves when annoyed to avoid being rude. However, if someone absolutely has to vent, that's what the PML is for.
Kidding! :lol:

Sort of.... :lookaroun

tjkref418

Personally, I take all the negatives in stride and take it as information on which I will form an opinion of my own.

After all, even the worst day at Disney is going to beat a good day work. :animwink:

mike_collins

I think sometimes reading about or discussing the parks too much can spoil the genuine surprises you find at the parks.

But I also think you can have a better time if you're well prepared and have good information.... most of which you can find here.

Wilt Dasney

Every problem does not need to be treated equally. Some things should be swept under the rug so to speak...providing that they fit. If I go to GMR and I see one of the hundreds of lights at the start burned out that will fit under the rug. If I go again and the same bulb along with 50 others are burned out that is too much to sweep under and the issue should be addressed. ... Start to love Disney again and don't be afraid to sweep that little pile of dust under the rug.

I saw this the other day and meant to comment, but didn't. Anyway, I think this is a fantastic metaphor, whatever side of the argument you're on.

cococola44

This board became an addiction.

I used to go on here a long time ago...but my sn got lost

usarmye192a....i don't remember my password.:cry:

LoriMistress

I go through periods with all WDW/DLR sites of visiting them religiously; then avoiding them for a while; and coming back to annoy more people. I don't care what strangers think of me on a WDW board.

GenerationX

This board has enhanced rather than detracted from my WDW trips. There are so many wonderful sights and activities at WDW that I have discovered through this board. I enjoy putting my two cents in, as well.

Like Computer Magic, I steer clear of detailed spoilers so I get to experience attractions as a "normal" guest would. Unlike a normal guest, though, I know when the new attraction was conceived, was approved, started construction, and had soft openings. :lol:

I'm vaguely aware of, but don't use, the Ignore function. If I like an attraction and someone else bashes it, that doesn't make me like the attraction any less. I don't like the poster any less, either, unless their arguments are ridiculous or repetitive. I use a "virtual" Ignore for posts that are longer than my screen and not written by someone I respect.

lilclerk

I love these boards. This place has enhanced my love of the World, and I've learned an unbelievable amount of facts/random trivia about Disney in general here. My trips last year were much more fun than in the past because of all the things I learned here, and I've read so much more since then that this year's will be even better.
And I'll admit, I love internet drama so the negative threads amuse me:shrug:

lunalovegoddess

I don't let the negativity get to me. I love Disney, and I love my friends here on WDWmagic, many of whom I do not get much chance to say hello to otherwise. I like being able to share the joys and frustrations of travel with this community, and especially enjoy talking to other parents out there who, like me, still feel like a kid again when they enter the Magic Kingdom.

I left the site for a short time, but came back when I realized that no matter what the topic is, every forum has their share of naysayers and trolls. So, if someone does manage to frost my cookies, I just put them on ignore. Thankfully, very few people receive this dubious honor, since most people that I don't always get along with at least treat me with respect, and I try to do the same. If it means having to repeat for the fifth time that there are no current plans to build a fifth Florida park, then so be it.

~having a magical day~
BrendaLee

daliseurat

Yeah. I do sometimes think it would be better not to read. I do miss getting to enjoy whatever is new and changes without having someone elses opinion color my own.

But then I find that some people notice so great things that I never noticed, so I get to enjoy them. And the amount in helpful information on this board is amazing. And I do love being able to help someone else out with my own knowledge.

I have never let the negativity stop me from trying anything I previously thought I might like. I find I like some things everyone else hates. So, the plusses outweigh the minuses for me. But, DW would like it if I would shut up about Disney every once in a while...:zipit:

JLW11Hi

Its everyone's choice to come to this web site and make comments. If we didn't like reading behind the scenes information and hearing about the "other" side of Disney, my guess is none of us would ever come here, or at least open threads that have those themes.

In the end, everyone who posts about Disney's faults, Disney's achievements, good trips, bad trips, arguments about new attractions, arguments about old attractions, arguments about arguing, complaints about other posters, complaints about complaining posters, complaints about WDW internet discussion boards, does so because they want to, or even like to. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing it, right? :shrug:

I've been seeing a lot of complaints altogether on this web site. And when I say complaints, I'm not just talking about complaints about new attractions. I see constant comlpaints about other posters, and I see the same arguments continue all the time. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I am just pointing it out. I think it is the very nature of the internets.

I come here for discussions, mainly. A discussion can be civil and offer many different sides to an issue. In my opinion, in a good discussion, nothing gets ignored (unless it is outwardly inapporopriate or adds little to the fun of the debate/discussion). If I don't agree with someone's stance on an issue, I don't ignore that person, I just hold true to my opinion. But I also keep an open mind about things. If their argument is strong enough, I might actually see something in a new light. Keep an open mind. Those are the best discussions, IMO. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom