Has an Adventureland height balloon test happened?

Bocabear

The whole circus area HAS to just be a placeholder for better things down the road...doesn't it? It certainly looks temporary.. It should have been the home to a fantastic Frozen attraction, but now that it was built in EPCOT hastily I fear that will never happen. There is certainly enough room there for a major new attraction and they could re-theme the Barnstormer for the umpteenth time to fit the new land identity...
a Neverland setting would certainly be a nice addition...with a splashy new double tracked expanded Peter Pan's Flight ride.... Convert the existing PPF into a Tangled Dark Ride...

doctornick

Merely increasing ride length has no impact on capacity. Boat size stays the same and dispatch interval stays the same.

You are correct, but there are two different ways to look at "capacity".

The common way like you are describing is "how many people can ride in an hour" which is generally what we are talking about when we say capacity for rides.

But the other way is "how many people are on the ride at a given time" which is affected by ride length. A longer ride would "hold" more guests at any one time which does mean fewer guests on paths or at restaurants/stores (or even in ride lines) so it would help a park like MK that has "too many" guests and help to marginally lessen crowds.

None of which has anything to do with any rides at MK, of course, since there is no evidence of any track extensions being planned or even considered.

doctornick

See, I know NFL gets a lot of heat, and I agree it could do more to spread out crowds, but my issue is not Mermaid but the Dumbo Circus area- talk about wasted space!!! Did we need two Dumbo spinners (although I do like the play area for kids). Did we really need a meet and greet with Donald and co in circus attire? The back tent used as a charging station? The water play area that is enjoyed by some and hated by most? If this area was better utilized, I think it would have helped with crowds....

It was pretty stupid that they used the tents for a merch location, a M&G and that weird charging/rest area. Not to mention, there is actually unused backstage space that could have been utilized for attractions but was not.

They could easily remove or modify the tents to put in two smaller rides or one very large ride and still keep merch in the area. And they could even keep a circus theme -- do something like a ride based on Pinocchio and one that's like the once planned Mickey's Madhouse.

doctornick

Without relocating the cast member utilidor entry, the bridge and the railroad anything behind the Circus area would have been difficult to do. Just rip out the Speedway instead.

There is undeveloped land directly to the north of the M&G tent/yellow charging station tent that is inside the access road and RR berm. Not a massive amount of space, but easily enough to combine with the existing tents to make 1-2 small rides or 1 larger ride. You could do that without even touching the merchandise tent.

yeti

There is undeveloped land directly to the north of the M&G tent/yellow charging station tent that is inside the access road and RR berm. Not a massive amount of space, but easily enough to combine with the existing tents to make 1-2 small rides or 1 larger ride. You could do that without even touching the merchandise tent.
I'm pretty sure that's the firework fallout zone, which doesn't necessarily mean anything except that you can't have guests walking around in there during fireworks. An open question though, would an indoor area and/or show building work in this scenario? I'm assuming yes since they were almost going to build a mostly-indoor Star Wars Land where Toontown currently sits in DL (Toontown has to close early nightly for fireworks).

rushtest4echo

I'm pretty sure that's the firework fallout zone, which doesn't necessarily mean anything except that you can't have guests walking around in there during fireworks. An open question though, would an indoor area and/or show building work in this scenario? I'm assuming yes since they were almost going to build a mostly-indoor Star Wars Land where Toontown currently sits in DL (Toontown has to close early nightly for fireworks).

Yeah, I was only pointing out the bridge and train for area directly behind the Circus area. I would have much rather they just demolished the whole tent/kiddie coaster/dumbo area and built something more worthwhile there but my reference was just to what's north/behind of the existing stuff. Fireworks are another concern but as long as the entry is closer to Seven Dwarfs or the Speedway and it's an enclosed ride, the fireworks wouldn't normally be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom