Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Wow that is amazing. Too bad Disney is getting a glorified land of meet and greets with a budget that has already been slashed within an inch of its life. Pathetic...:brick:

You forgot the major new dark ride in that description. And the budget is considerably more than the $200million that universal spent on Potter.

amejr999

Universal spent $2billion on building IOA and Citywalk - it didn't make a dent on Disney, infact, it brought more people to the Orlando area and increased Disney attendance. Potter, regardless of how good it is, will not impact Disney attendance.

I think that's true. But keep in mind that WDW has spent the last 5-7 years focused on keeping guests on property for their entire trips-- that was the point of Magical Express and MyW tickets. Universal now has a "killer app" that is going to attract people off-property for the first time, and I think that should have Disney worried.

imagineer boy

I think that's true. But keep in mind that WDW has spent the last 5-7 years focused on keeping guests on property for their entire trips-- that was the point of Magical Express and MyW tickets. Universal now has a "killer app" that is going to attract people off-property for the first time, and I think that should have Disney worried.

Exactly! For all my last Disney trips I've basically decided to stay away from universal because I had no interest and I wanted to spend more time at Disney. Now I have a real strong reason to leave Disney and go to Universal!

MAF

Never mind riding in a clam shell....

I've found my seat, right here....:cool:

The fact that Disney fan "boi's" are comparing Potter to the Mermaid ride is laughable. Disney dropped the ball and they will certainly pay the piper on this one...

Testtrack321

Disney fan "boi's"

I really really dislike the use of the term fanboi, it's a completely dismissive phrase that doesn't allow for any rebuttal from the other person. It's similar to comparing something to Hitler/Nazis, it's lazy and poor for the health of a discussion. You are dismissing just as much as they are.

Alektronic

Hopefully it increases attendance and traffic flow to the Universal area in general. A lot of nearby businesses could use the increased business also. I hope Universal does really well with this one because that would encourage them with further improvements and expansion also.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The fact that Disney fan "boi's" are comparing Potter to the Mermaid ride is laughable. Disney dropped the ball and they will certainly pay the piper on this one...

How exactly are they going to pay? And I'm assuming that you don't have a time machine and have not ridden mermaid, nor have you ridden Potter.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I really really dislike the use of the term fanboi, it's a completely dismissive phrase that doesn't allow for any rebuttal from the other person. It's similar to comparing something to Hitler/Nazis, it's lazy and poor for the health of a discussion. You are dismissing just as much as they are.

Yep agreed, not a good term at all. Some people need to grow up and post like grown-ups

nibblesandbits

OH LEE!

I was pumped for this land before, now I'm even MORE EXCITED FOR IT! I will be making a stop at IoA VERY SOON. The Ollivander's shop alone is worth the price of admission.

Who's posting updates? I've been looking at and they're not updating today. Where should I look for more info?
It was on Twitter. You know what...it wasnt him now that I think about it...it was @attractions Easily got confused on that one. Sorry for the confusion. I fixed it in my original post now. :) :eek:

MAF

How exactly are they going to pay? And I'm assuming that you don't have a time machine and have not ridden mermaid, nor have you ridden Potter.

True, but it has already been confirmed that the budget for the ride has since been decreased significantly. Mermaid was touted at first to be a big "E-ticket" and now has been quietly downgraded. HP is going to bring in people from all over the world, TLM not so much...:shrug:

The whole Harry Potter thing is one of the best things that has happened to WDW in a while. The majority of the throngs of people that come to Orlando to see it will not spend their entire vacation at Universal or IoA, they will visit WDW as well. I do not believe WDW will see any decrease in attendance. If anything, it will increase.
Its all 50/50 from this point on. MGM and AK will if any see the biggest drop in attendance. The other thing is this will attract more people to stay on and around Universal property, drawing a large number of tourists away from the WDW resorts. When this happens you will see Beastly Kingdom come back from the backburner.

Bender!

Mmm, Disney's going to need something to get them out of this. Maybe expand upon Star Wars at Hollywood Studios? Other than the new Star Tours, I mean.

TimNRA757

What I want to know is where is my passholder preview??? :fork: Oh you have to buy a vacation package, nice job Universal for forgetting about your most loyal guests...

This ride looks cool but you have look at it money wise,all the fees that they pay out for the ideas will catch up soon.This park was in money troubles before HP.They just keep bleeding money.

cdunbar

In my opinion MAF, you're putting the cart in front of the horse here. We cannot compare the FLE to WWoHP until both are open, check back in in 2013 when FLE is done.:wave:

raven

I do not believe WDW will see any decrease in attendance. If anything, it will increase.

And with Florida's beaches being "slicked" I think the attendence will increase as well this summer.

Insider informations seem to prove, that this "major" new ride is not even a true E-Ticket...Seems more like a D-ticket. Not exactly what most here expect I believe,

Who is the "Insider?" WDI? And what age group is it a D-ticket for? It's in FANTASYLAND. It will be an E-ticket for kids. That's all that matters really.

Disneyson 1

But let's remember that length does NOT equal entertainment value. How many scenes does Spider-Man have, exactly? Probably 4 or 5 big ones, with a lot of transition space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom