Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

JiggleStuff

However, there are some very clear reasons why Disney are miles ahead of Universal, which a alot of people just don't like to see.

Remember, kats and kittens, WDW cannot fail, it can only be failed. Anyone not agreeing with THE TRVTH can turn in his or her iPhone for something more suited to your lack of fabulousness.
storia_1982.jpg

meganw1985

I know exactly how you feel about "cheating" Disney, I thought and felt the same over years. But if we all would do a little more "cheating" perhaps we already had a few more E-Tickets in the MK? Or a real additional land in DAK instead of Camp Minnie Mickey? It's not cheating, it's more like flirting to make your darling a little jealous so she will be trying even more to get your attention.

Lol I love it! I talked to my bff this morning (woke her up specifically for this conversation) to ask her how she felt about spending PART of a day away from Disney and at IOA. She doesnt seem to really think it's cheating, either, as they will be getting the other 7 days of our vacation, plus all our food money, and hotel money. The Wizarding World just seems very worthy of a visit I think!

erasure fan1

It amazes me how some people on here are so pro-Disney that they can't recognize that Universal has created the most immersive land any theme park has seen in years. I'm about as big a Disney fan as you'll find, but Universal hit a home run with this one. No question about it.
You are right, no question they created a well themed immersive land. I think most would agree with that.

Hopefully, that will make TDO wake the hell up and give us something truly extraordinary again, not Disneyland's sloppy seconds, a repackaged attraction, or an attraction based on a fading television show whose popularity is waning.
So far isnt Harry Potter just that, a repackaged attraction. They took a land and re-themed it, then re-themed 2 existing rides in said land and added 1 other attraction. IMHO that seems the deffinition of repackaged.

D0nald

I think people will keep doing the same thing...Staying at Disney for 4 or 5 days, and spend only 1 day at Universal, just because Disney is MUCH complete resort than Universal...BUT, the difference between WDW and U is getting smaller....Disney can't think that they will beat all these new Universal attraction, just by expanding Fantasyland

Spike-in-Berlin

[/QUOTE]=Nick_A;4122304 not Disneyland's sloppy seconds, a repackaged attraction, or an attraction based on a fading television show whose popularity is waning.
[/QUOTE]

Actually I wouldn't complain at all about Indiana Jones Adventure or Journey to the Center of the Earth finding their way from DL or TDS , although they would be nothing new.
Heck I even would go again to DLP if they would build one of these and I don't like DLP at all.

MAF

Wow that is amazing. Too bad Disney is getting a glorified land of meet and greets with a budget that has already been slashed within an inch of its life. Pathetic...:brick:

magicmaya

To bad it only takes an hour or 2 to experience the whole "land"...:/

And? What if I wanted to experience both parts? I've never had the time to experience most of the attractions there because I only go for 1 day.

Plus, I just came back from WDW in January and I'll be taking a trip to DL for half of the summer a week after florida. And I'll be going back to WDW for Christmas.

wdwfan22

The new Potter land looks very kewl and the attention to detail is amazing. Hopefully they will keep up with it. Now if they would just go and bring the rest of the parks up to that quality then they would really have something.

Horizons1

You are right, no question they created a well themed immersive land. I think most would agree with that.

So far isnt Harry Potter just that, a repackaged attraction. They took a land and re-themed it, then re-themed 2 existing rides in said land and added 1 other attraction. IMHO that seems the deffinition of repackaged.

Not exactly. They took PART of a land and rethemed it, but most everything in it is new. The space Hogwarts and most of the village were built on was the space where many different Jurassic Park rides were proposed for, including the Jeep Adventure. HP is definately not anything repackaged.

And I do love the pro-Disney/anti-Universal posts. Suddenly Universal is the most filthy place in Orlando. :ROFLOL: I hear they even have strip clubs inside! You don't want to go there! Get over it. Universal has hit a homerun with this one. Maybe TDO will stop scaling back on plans for attractions. Maybe.

Brian Noble

I hear they even have strip clubs inside!
And the strippers are *ugly*.

Seriously: the best thing that could happen to a Disney fan is to have Universal make a measurable dent in WDW attendance with this new addition. If that happens, Mickey *will* respond.

MGM and AK will have a serious attendance drop. Epcot and Mk on the other hand will barely be affected. So when this area of IOA opens, MGM and Ak will suffer greatly, and it will cause TDO to realize they need to pump more attractions into those parks.

Rinx

MGM and AK will have a serious attendance drop.

The whole Harry Potter thing is one of the best things that has happened to WDW in a while. The majority of the throngs of people that come to Orlando to see it will not spend their entire vacation at Universal or IoA, they will visit WDW as well. I do not believe WDW will see any decrease in attendance. If anything, it will increase.

nibblesandbits

I think the queue looks fab...and from the description I read on Twitter today from @attractions, the attraction is pretty darn amazing as well.

I know in Oct., I'll be visiting Universal for part of my trip...something I haven't done in 8 years...and something I've never done as an adult, on my own, paying for my own trips. And you know what? I'm excited to see what other attractions Universal has built in that time too. I'm gonna get shunned, but I'm getting really excited to take a trip over to Universal.

wolf359

I agree with the original poster, I think Potterland's theming and detail is quite amazing. I think Universal should be proud of what they accomplished.

I think this IS a wake up call, but it isn't for Disney.

Given the way Universal's attendance has plummeted over the last several years this seems to be more of a last ditch effort on Universal's part to stop the hemorrhaging than to really try to compete with Disney. Maybe they've finally figured out that unless they market to the entire family and not just thrill ride lovers they'll never survive.

The only question in my mind is will Harry Potter be enough to turn things completely around, and can Universal sustain that popularity, or will it be as quickly forgotten as their last few new additions once Disney starts promoting their next big thing?

Lee

Adventurer
Never mind riding in a clam shell....

I've found my seat, right here....:cool:

Attachments

• bottervehic.JPG
    bottervehic.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 106

Testtrack321

Never mind riding in a clam shell....

I've found my seat, right here....:cool:

OH LEE!

I was pumped for this land before, now I'm even MORE EXCITED FOR IT! I will be making a stop at IoA VERY SOON. The Ollivander's shop alone is worth the price of admission.

I think the queue looks fab...and from the description I read on Twitter today from Ricky, the attraction is pretty darn amazing as well.

I know in Oct., I'll be visiting Universal for part of my trip...something I haven't done in 8 years...and something I've never done as an adult, on my own, paying for my own trips. And you know what? I'm excited to see what other attractions Universal has built in that time too. I'm gonna get shunned, but I'm getting really excited to take a trip over to Universal.

Who's posting updates? I've been looking at and they're not updating today. Where should I look for more info?

imagineer boy

This is so incredibly exciting!!! Universal really has hit this one out of the ball park. I really do hope that this is a wake up call for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom