Harambe Nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer

Tigger1988

I dunno, the thing is trying SO hard to be non-denominational non-holiday Candlelight Processional Package, it just brings back sad memories of the Pirate & Princess Party, the last time MK tried to replicate their evening hard-ticket parties without some actual calendar reason.
What, does the choir sing Simba carols?
Just a wild guess, they'll be singing songs from the MOVIE. Crazy concept.

HouCuseChickie

I'm going to reserve judgment until we know more and get some actual firsthand reviews. I mean, I know a lot of people love to gripe about the cost of things, but Disney offers a lot of pricey extras and many don't include the cost of park admission. Geez, look at the price of some of the F&W extras from last year. Yeah- we've seen a lot of nighttime extras being offered of late and I'm guessing Disney would like to start cashing in on the after hours $ that could be had (gee, they are a business). Ultimately, if it's not in your budget or doesn't appeal to you- don't go.

disney4life2008

I'd have zero problem paying that

As mentioned its "premium" so you would fall into the category of those that have no problem. But (as of now) I am perfectly fine seeing the lion king show for free (have no interest in seeing it in NYC and I lived there for 6 months) - then going to Golden Corrall on international drive. total cost: $13.99

Is this going to be the only chance to see the Lion King Show. If so why build the new theatre, invest all that money just for one night a week over the summer??? Would love to see the show but can't justify the price tag for one adult & 2 teenagers.

aladdin2007

Is this going to be the only chance to see the Lion King Show. If so why build the new theatre, invest all that money just for one night a week over the summer??? Would love to see the show but can't justify the price tag for one adult & 2 teenagers.

No the Festival of the Lion King will run on a regular basis in its new theater, this is a special saturday nights only special different performance.

aladdin2007

All I have to say is 119 for all you can eat and drink plus a show at Disney is a pretty fair price...count me in!!! Plus being in Animal Kingdom at night is an amazing experience

Yeah but they arent going to let you go anywhere else in the park or do anything beyond Harambe right? or will some stores be open etc. were debating on doing this, I have an annual pass, but the other member in my party she has a seasonal which is blocked during summer.

WDWoptmist

Yeah but they arent going to let you go anywhere else in the park or do anything beyond Harambe right? or will some stores be open etc. were debating on doing this, I have an annual pass, but the other member in my party she has a seasonal which is blocked during summer.
I would imagine a large majority of the park will be closed because only a certain amount of people will be allowed to buy tickets to the event each night and really all of the action is taking place in Harambe so where else do you really need to go anyway

aladdin2007

I would imagine a large majority of the park will be closed because only a certain amount of people will be allowed to buy tickets to the event each night and really all of the action is taking place in Harambe so where else do you really need to go anyway

nowhere just wanted to see more of it at night than just the one street

asianway

As mentioned its "premium" so you would fall into the category of those that have no problem. But (as of now) I am perfectly fine seeing the lion king show for free (have no interest in seeing it in NYC and I lived there for 6 months) - then going to Golden Corrall on international drive. total cost: $13.99
Now that the info is all out there, it seems very worth it. Of course, AK is not my personal taste so I have no interest. But can-can girls, Miss Lilly, and a few cold ones at the Diamond? I'm in

JohnD

I have a seasonal as well. June 7 is the first day of blockout dates for park admission. Now, this is separately priced, so I could still do this if I wanted to. But that would only work for locals with seasonal passes who can drive in for a night of entertainment. I live too far away to do that. Besides I wouldn't come just for that and be blocked out from regular admission the rest of the time.

My guess is that WDW took this into consideration and figured they would more than make up for it from regular park tickets and full AP holders.

I'll be there the weekend prior and will have plenty to do anyway.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I know. I keep checking this thread to see how I'm supposed to feel about this event. But instead, it's a bunch of "think for yourselfers."

I need everyone to reach a consensus on this so I can either be a. Enraged! Or b. Ecstatic!
I'm going for "slightly annoyed".
I want more things like this, but the cost is too high. I'm not a "give me something for nothing" kind of guy, just the kind of guy that wants the park quality to rise with costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom