Harambe Nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer

djlaosc

It is a successful formula brought over from Candlelight Processional at Epcot - it seems to work with guests - they sell a lot of dinner packages.

But Candlelight Processional is technically free with admission - I think I would rather remove the food/drink and Street Party (even though the street party should be included on a daily basis like Mad T Party in DCA), and allow people to either queue and spend their time, or buy a dining package at a similar price to CP and spend their money (the problem being a lack of table service restaurants in DAK - maybe they would have to include DAKL...)

Cesar R M

How do folk feel about the celebrity narrators?

I'm on the fence, leaning toward the insulted side, reason being, I feel like at least $50 of each ticket is going to pay the celebrity for their time. As someone who feels 'famous' folk are the same as the rest of us, I don't see the value there.
Dunno how long the whole thing will be, but some of these "celebrities" are unknown for me.
I'm more interested in the live music.. specially if its a full orchestra with a live real show a la broadway.

I vote Judi Dench as a narrator. :)
or Patrick Stewart (or George Takei)

flyerjab

My wife and I are already talking about going. Disney vacations are what we splurge on and now that a full description has been provided, the price makes more sense than it did originally.

This, plus nighttime safaris, expanded Harambe area, water show, a repaired (and plussed) Tree of Life and eventually Pandora will really improve this park tremendously.

Then, it's on to DHS and EPCOT...

Texas84

Dunno how long the whole thing will be, but some of these "celebrities" are unknown for me.
I'm more interested in the live music.. specially if its a full orchestra with a live real show a la broadway.

or Patrick Stewart (or George Takei)

Or Patrick Warburton

Kman101

Yes, I'd put money on that. 74 has hinted at that also.

I think it will be that as well, just makes sense.

And there's one Friday the 13th this year, and that's June 13th. Not saying they'll do it then, or launch it then (if it's even that event) but it could make sense. Unless they plan on having it be a hard-ticket Halloween event (in September/October).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I am just going to go ahead and throw this out there.

So far, I am the only person who said it was $x plus park admission. I was only kidding at the time. I have no idea if park admission is required. My insider connection is @George, and he's not so reliable. So, MAYBE, this $100+ dollars also gets you into the park at a certain time, ala MVMCP?

I just threw some insider info your way. I left a message on your Phoney McRing McRing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
After getting a chance to read through the fine print this doesn't seem like a terrible deal. A few items we were speculating on have been clarified:
  1. The show is not just the free daytime show - it is listed as having a live orchestra along with the celebrity narrator. Sounds a lot more significant than the day show which is pretty solid already IMHO.
  2. You don't need a park ticket to attend. The price includes admission to the park, but you can't get in until 7PM when all other attractions will be closed. However, they do suggest to get there 45 mins early and they also state that parking is free beginning at 4PM. So you officially can't get in until 7PM but you can park starting at 4PM. That could mean it will be treated similar to MVMCP where the event officially begins at 7PM but they start letting people in at 4PM. That part is speculation on my part. We'll have to see when it starts up.
  3. The "cocktail hour" featuring apps and beer/wine is only 30 mins from 7 to 7:30. I would have preferred a full hour, but the good news is there's more drinkin after the show. They are listing the beverages as select African beers and wines. Sounds interesting.
  4. After the show the street party includes all-you can eat food and beverages including more beer and wine. The street party also includes live music and interactions with artists and some characters too. They are also claiming to have some unique Lion King themed merchandise and it all concludes with a "fond farewell". No time table on how long the party lasts.
Based on all of this information the price seems reasonable for WDW. It's a heck of a lot more than just apps and a flight of drinks over at EPCOT and priced accordingly. IMHO if the show is pretty solid this could be a winner. It's not going to appeal to everyone mostly due to price, but for a special occasion night out its a solid offering.

note2001

The concept art for this thing is embarrassing.

Yup. It is.

It's been years since I've seen FOLK, but in the concept art for the street party, are those all props from the FOLK show?

It would be nice if they'd use some of the characters and props from the Jamin' Jungle parade, which is being shut down after May. I doubt they could use the floats, but some props. Just hoping the parade won't go into disrepair like a certain other parade that was eventually trashed.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

The concept art for this thing is embarrassing.
Late 70's:
5102778.jpg

90's:
042213_DatelineDisney_AnimalKingdom_8.1.jpg

mid-2000's:
20071017b.jpg

2014:
HN3-613x368.jpg

2021 (projected):
by+Caden+-+2nd+drawing+of+Mickey+Mouse.jpg

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That's a pretty good list of narrators. I would pay to see Patina Miller or Brian Stokes Mitchell for sure.

Fun fact: Montego Glover was in the original cast of Festival of the Lion King. It's pretty cool that's she's coming back as a celebrity narrator now.

EricJ

I dunno, the thing is trying SO hard to be non-denominational non-holiday Candlelight Processional Package, it just brings back sad memories of the Pirate & Princess Party, the last time MK tried to replicate their evening hard-ticket parties without some actual calendar reason.
What, does the choir sing Simba carols?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom