happy trip with a sad ending

Uponastar

I am sooooo happy to tell every one here that we got our camera back !!!! I received the camera on Monday and IT IS OURS !!! Unbelieveable ! We have must done some really good in the past ! We will send WDW a big thank you letter to appreciate their great effort !

Thank you every one here who has been so nice and caring ! Thank you ! You messages did help me went through those few terrible days ! Thank you ! There are great people here !

Best wishes to you all !

Sadme ---not sad any more !

Yay! Restores you faith, doesn't it?
Congrats!

You're gonna have to change your screen name now, though.... :D

Heatherbell

Good for you! I am happy you got your camera back. What an awful thing to lose, both sentimental and expensive.

Side note: On one of our last trips my husband took his wedding ring off to put lotion on and he placed it on the un-made bed. He forgot about it until we were in line for Winnie the Pooh at MK. Of course we had already checked out at this point. We called and they said they would look but most likely it got lost in a big ball of dirty laundry. Well, we got a call about a half hour later and they found it. I don't know how but they did. It totally restored my faith in other people. I thought for sure it was long gone.

swimmom

I usually bring a laptop computer with me so I make sure to download the pictures each day in case the camera gets lost.

I think we are going to do this on our next trip!!!! I can't even imagine how horrible sadme felt about losing her photos. I also am going to take a picture of my name & address that DisneyPrincess5 posted.

On another note, I had read somewhere years ago (possibly on these forums) to take a photo of your luggage so that if it is lost, you have a photo of the lost piece of luggage rather than a description.

So glad you got your camera & photos back!!!!!

Gorjus

Did you have Photo Pass Pictures done? Hope so...at least then you'll have those!!

Thank you!!! This is one of the reasons that I insist (in a nice way) that people take the photopass card. If you don't need them, you've spent nothing. If by some freak accident, you need them, they are priceless.

I usually bring a laptop computer with me so I make sure to download the pictures each day in case the camera gets lost.

Until, as one guest mentioned, your laptop gets stolen out of the hotel room.

Use photopass, you'll never have a better free back up system.

:brick::hammer::brick::hammer: at the people who refuse, adamantly, this free service.

Disney4Eva

Yes, Disney's usually great with recovering lost treasures. We were staying at the Doubletree near Downtown Disney for one night, and my 25-year-old sister had forgotten her favorite blankie that she's had since she was a baby, and she didn't realize it 'till we were down in Tampa the following night. She was a wreck. So my dad called the Doubletree and asked them to look for it and hold onto it if they found it, since we'd be returning to WDW in a few days. The searched the housekeeping department and found it within a few days, and we swung by and picked it up as soon as we got back to Orlando ^_^

so glad to see this story has a happy ending!!

I lost my camera as well, in the Magic Kingdom...I put it down on a high counter in a family restroom as I got my daughters into their costumes.. and left without it... I realized it not even a full minute later and ran at lightning speed back to the restroom... it was gone... and I was devastated... it was brand-new...

We went to the Boutique and everyone there was so nice to me.. they brought me a free disposable camera and the photo pass people made sure to take lots of pics of my daughters for me. After checking everywhere for it a few hours later my husband retrieved it at Town Hall.. someone had turned it in... and he got back to us just in time to meet Ariel in her grotto...

I remember how thankful I was... so I am very happy to hear that you also got your cherished memories back!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I am sooooo happy to tell every one here that we got our camera back !!!! I received the camera on Monday and IT IS OURS !!! Unbelieveable ! We have must done some really good in the past ! We will send WDW a big thank you letter to appreciate their great effort !

Thank you every one here who has been so nice and caring ! Thank you ! You messages did help me went through those few terrible days ! Thank you ! There are great people here !

Best wishes to you all !

Sadme ---not sad any more !

Great News! :sohappy:
Chalk it up to Disney Magic
Considering the amount of lost material they collect every day, it never ceases to amaze me how much does get reconnected.

Shandar96

So glad your camera found it's way home. I have found 2 camera's while on vacation and before I turn them in I always take my own picture.....:lookaroun

Craig & Lisa

HOOOORRAAAAYY!!!! :sohappy::sohappy: It's so good to know that you got it back, and you memories from the last trip will be forever visible for you to enjoy over and over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom