Hand 'n' Hat

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
It may well be air conditioned, but that cuts no ice with me. Flatten it and just look at how many merchandice stands and Dumbo clones (sadly lacking at MGM) you could fit in.

I knew there had to be a good reason Eisner bought the Muppets...he's gonna put in a Muppets-go-Round at the Studios.

Tramp

It may well be air conditioned, but that cuts no ice with me. Flatten it and just look at how many merchandice stands and Dumbo clones (sadly lacking at MGM) you could fit in.

:lol: LMAO...Ok, let's do it...in fact, maybe they could move the Speedway inside of it and call it I-5...a few minutes of all that pollution and noise and a person would feel at home in Los Angeles.:lol:

LadyDarling

I don't know why so much people in the boards hate the hat so much. Personally I like the hat better, it brings out more color and more magic to the park. I find it more "Disney" like. And apperantly all the new goes I've talked to love it. For the hand in epcot. It's nice to have a change once in a while... I rather have the hand in spaceship earth rather than spaceship earth alone... Looks better in pictures anyway.

Amen to that! I like the hand and the hand! It makes me feel like there is a little bit of Mickey in every park! :D

As for the tree of life, I think there are enough Hidden Mickey's on it!
~J. Darling

jrriddle

If I'm not mistaken wasn't there an old rumour a while back that they were going to change the GMR to a Disney Villains theme?
I agree that the building should stay. Re-vamp the ride. And lose the hat!

JimiThing1

Originally posted by disneybeavs
Does anyone know the popularity of "The Great Movie Ride" since the hat has been up? Has attendence gone down? I'm sure it has, the hat completely blocks the view...all I'm thinking, they better not remake that attraction...it's a classic!

I was speaking with a GMR CM once and they mentioned that actually that since the hat has been put there the attendance has actually gone up on the ride. Seems people go to the hat then see something behind it.

greg416

Muppets

I think it would be really cool if eisner to the muppets and created a A.A. ride with them something that took some of the classics from the show and put them into an animatronic scene, past guest stars like rocky , alice cooper , that ride would rock , they could even do it on a platform like COP although I think the building they use for the great movie ride would be the perfect setup

SirGoofy

I like the hat, but I think they should replace the GMR. They should put the Great Muppet Movie Ride in the Theater. I like some of the GMR, but I've never seen half of the movies in it.

jrriddle

While I like the idea of the Great Muppet Movie ride, but I think the original idea (from what I've read) was to poke fun at the Great Movie Ride.
The idea kind of loses something with out GMR being around to make fun of.

greg416

the great movie ride

Hey if anyone knows an imagineer heres an idea to throw there way I am sure it would be an attraction that everyone would enjoy and it would help to bring the muppets back to the mainstream. they could always change the muppets three d into another attraction. Nemo 3d,etc.

stitch131313

Original Poster
Keep the hat get rid of the theatre.

That wouldn't work because, last time I chiecked there were no big hats at the end of Hollywood Blvd. The hat ruins the old Hollywood feel that I loved. Also It doesn't say much for Disney's attention to detail and theming.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by stitch131313
That wouldn't work because, last time I chiecked there were no big hats at the end of Hollywood Blvd.

Last time I checked, checked was spelled "checked." And I've never heard of the Chinese theater at the end of Hollywood Blvd... it's more like in the middle.

Plus, since it has absolutely nothing to do with Disney, there's no reason to keep it there. I propose making the entrance to the Great Movie Ride underneath the hat, and putting the AFI Showcase as what you exit into from the Great Movie Ride. I'm all for the addition of the Muppet Movie Ride as well. :) Oh yeah, move the footprints to another location, like in front of the hat.:D

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by jrriddle
Bill,
You understand, of course, that now we'll now be watching your spelling from here on in.
:)
Of course!:lol:

Though, I hope you didn't take what I said above about the spelling seriously... after all, we have people here who can't even write a complete sentence.:lol:

greg416

the ride

I can see the whole muppet movie ride now as you go through you stop and see a famous scene from the show and then as your car gets on its way you hear "its time to start the music its time to light the lights its time to meet the muppets on the muppets show tonight " there can be a whole scene dedicated to the swedish chef throwing stufff in the air saying err shee berr shee fingdy fongdy

jrriddle

Originally posted by Bill
Of course!:lol:

Though, I hope you didn't take what I said above about the spelling seriously... after all, we have people here who can't even write a complete sentence.:lol:

Very true:lol:
Myself included!:D
Just trying not to intimidate the new people.
Thanks Bill:wave:

stitch131313

Original Poster
Originally posted by Bill
Last time I checked, checked was spelled "checked." And I've never heard of the Chinese theater at the end of Hollywood Blvd... it's more like in the middle.

I'm so sorry, for some reason an "i" slipped in. And so I said the end of Hollywood Blvd. The point is That Hat Has To Go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom