Hand 'n' Hat

77johnson77

I don't see what you guys don't like about then hand or hat, the hat might be in a bad spot but think of the $$ that went into it and i like it myself, and the hand the ball might look bare-er without it i dunno

SirGoofy

Aren't they going to put a laser light mechanism on SSE once the hand comes down? I heard it was supposed to project the globe on it, and the globe was supposed to rotate.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Thats an old plan. What they now intend to do is close Carousel of progress, strip out the mechanism and fit it to the bottom of space ship earth. The hand will be removed and a giant Tinkerbell will be fitted. the ball surface will have mirrors attached. At key points throughout the evening the ball will be painted in light, it will rotate and Tinkerbell will emerge from the top accompanied by music played through a state of the art sound system. Sort of like a giant musical box. Replicas will then be available to purchase from inside which is being converted to a Tinkerbell memorabilia store.

kurros

Well the wand and such would be coming down in time for Epcot's 25th anniversary celebration... maybe they will just cover the thing in a cake :rolleyes:

Tramp

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Thats an old plan. What they now intend to do is close Carousel of progress, strip out the mechanism and fit it to the bottom of space ship earth. The hand will be removed and a giant Tinkerbell will be fitted. the ball surface will have mirrors attached. At key points throughout the evening the ball will be painted in light, it will rotate and Tinkerbell will emerge from the top accompanied by music played through a state of the art sound system. Sort of like a giant musical box. Replicas will then be available to purchase from inside which is being converted to a Tinkerbell memorabilia store.

Wow...when do you think they'll finish that? I can't wait!:lookaroun

Can we assume the rumor about Eisner's picture being subliminally painted on the surface of SSE every 34 seconds is not true?:eek:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Tramp
Wow...when do you think they'll finish that? I can't wait!:lookaroun

Can we assume the rumor about Eisner's picture being subliminally painted on the surface of SSE every 34 seconds is not true?:eek:

Part 1 of the project (CoP) will begin once stitch opens, because of the persistant rumoiurs about it being early this will drive everything else, but I had heard last week of August. Rumours continue that prototype Tinks have been made, and it will be Disneys biggest animatronics yet.

Eisners image is not being projected on SE, and plans to use it in a montage to be projected on to the castle have been dropped. My source has hinted that it may be part of a change to Illuminations, where Michael will deliver a welcoming address.

LadyDarling

Far fetched?

Call me crazy, but this would mean closing down Spaceship Earth, as well as some significant structural changes to the geosphere. It would be closed for probably the better part of a year, and I don't think I see that happening anytime soon.

But, that's just my 2 cents! Disney has done stranger things!
~J.Darling

MagicalMonorail

I don't think Spaceship Earth is ever going to be turned into a cake. That would never happen. They will turn it into a giant cupcake! It will have Happy Birthday Eisner written in brighlty colored letters and they will rotate around every hour. Inside, guests will ride through scenes depicting the reign of Eisner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom