Hand 'n' Hat

disneybeavs

Does anyone know the popularity of "The Great Movie Ride" since the hat has been up? Has attendence gone down? I'm sure it has, the hat completely blocks the view...all I'm thinking, they better not remake that attraction...it's a classic!

Tim G

Re: Re: Hand 'n' Hat

Originally posted by Tramp
Sources, please!:wave:

Or, is this wishful thinking?:lookaroun
:lol:

The wand goes... indeed as soon as 2008, the Hat is going to stay for good (for the time being, of course) as an icon.
It stays right where it is, and it's not going to be moved anywhere else.

downwitheisner

Originally posted by jrriddle
Hat must go...NOW!
That thing is such an eyesore.

I agree. Even though I'm used to seeing it, it just looks cheap. It really does.

Originally posted by disneybeavs
all I'm thinking, they better not remake that attraction...it's a classic!

Sorry, it's being changed soon suposedly, with the dropping of MGM stuff and all.

andre85

Originally posted by downwitheisner
I agree. Even though I'm used to seeing it, it just looks cheap. It really does.

Sorry, it's being changed soon suposedly, with the dropping of MGM stuff and all.

Thank god. I always joked that Disney placed the hat there to hide that most boring ride. Now I know some of you die hards are head-over-heels with it; but to me (and most commoners I've spoken with), it's a horribly dated and boring experience.

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by Gucci65
Sp no one wants to answer my santa hat question?:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll take a shot at answering your question. Some months ago, I came across a website that someone else here can probably name, but I only ran across it in passing. It was a website that commented on how WDW was going downhill because money wasn't being spent to keep the park up to Walt's standards. This website had photos of things such as chipped and peeling paint in public areas (gasp!), and the old Nautilus submarines from 20K all stacked up in some scrap yard, and it also had photos of:

(drum roll, please)

The MGM Water Tower Santa hat in a decrepit state!!!! NOOO!!!

The caption accompanying the photo was along the lines of, "Don't look for a return of this Santa Hat, because as the photo demonstrates, it has rusted to poo." Or words to that effect.

Since this is purely from recall, and not based upon recent review, please feel free to find the website and debunk at will. :p

jrriddle

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
EDIT: Oops, good catch there, jrriddle! You had it by memory and I had to go search for it. You got your post in b4 I could come back and respond to Gucci65! :eek:

BigNorm

Liked the hat for 100 YoM, but now, I'm not liking it so much. Never cared for the hand, the sooner that thing's gone, the better IMHO.

disneybeavs

Ok, I know the ride is really boring and all and maybe it does need to go...I still like it...but, what exactly can they put in the Old Chinese Theater? Well, it kinda be cool to have a ride of all the disney movies, sticking with the movie aspect.

bhg469

dont get me wrong, The ride itself should stay i would be happier if just kept it up a little better, the movies featuerd in that ride are good and all but it fails to recognize movies that have happened after the ride was buildt, except for the end film.

Tramp

Putting the ride aside for a moment, the structure is beautiful and captures the overall Hollywood ambiance that is being depicted in the entire street. The HAT ruins it, IMHO.

Yes, the ride is boring for those of us who have seen it a million times. It should be updated on a regular basis with new movie themes but that might require extraordinary down time for the attraction.

I hope if they ever decide to remove the attraction, they at least leave the building.:wave: It is so cool.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Tramp

It is so cool.

It may well be air conditioned, but that cuts no ice with me. Flatten it and just look at how many merchandice stands and Dumbo clones (sadly lacking at MGM) you could fit in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom