Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

waltography

Just got my Oogie Boogie tickets for my October trip! Super excited!
Nice! Got my tickets for opening weekend, really looking forward to it.

EDIT: Super quick question to anyone else who ordered tickets, but did you get your event tickets right away in the email? Mine haven't arrived yet but I know they said it could take up to a day to hit my inbox. Never mind! Got the tickets just now, so ~40 minutes after I bought them.

Last edited:

pdude81

Congrats to you both. I was in the lottery wait early and still can't get anything under "more than an hour" here 2+ hours later. This is very frustrating.

waltography

Congrats to you both. I was in the lottery wait early and still can't get anything under "more than an hour" here 2+ hours later. This is very frustrating.
Oh no! Not sure if it's related, but I've been seeing a lot of reports on Twitter and Instagram of folks who errored out in the middle of the checkout process but their card being charged anyway. I wonder if they've stymied the flow to checkout because of it.

pdude81

Oh no! Not sure if it's related, but I've been seeing a lot of reports on Twitter and Instagram of folks who errored out in the middle of the checkout process but their card being charged anyway. I wonder if they've stymied the flow to checkout because of it.
I started checking this expected wait time thing that was recurring in the browser source, but it seemed like it was refreshing sessions when I did that. Ultimately started checking the refresh messages in developer mode and it seems to be adding on more time to my wait every 30 seconds or so. I'm hopefully this will end up like Boo Bash and almost nothing sells out the first day.

For now I wait!

PiratesMansion

Experiences like this are doing nothing to make me ever want to buy something from Disneyland on the day it is launched or first made available.

I'm just saying. Disney keeps getting bigger and more powerful and their IT continues to be nothing but abysmal under the best circumstances.

Animaniac93-98

Thanks for the actual link.

I've went to the page several times today and never saw, and still don't see, any actual button to click to buy tickets. I think it's a website glitch with the page defaulting to the Canadian Disneyland website instead of going to the actual US one.

EDIT: that same variation of the website still lets you buy regular and California resident day tickets

Animaniac93-98

Experiences like this are doing nothing to make me ever want to buy something from Disneyland on the day it is launched or first made available.

I'm just saying. Disney keeps getting bigger and more powerful and their IT continues to be nothing but abysmal under the best circumstances.

Disney doesn't care about the hoops its customers have to jump through to buy anything,

as long as they eventually get your money, they're ok with it.

pdude81

Hold "more than an hour"

There's only one party date I could go to, so it's either that or nothing. 🤷‍♂️
It doesn't seem like anything is selling out, regardless of how long people wait on line. So it'll probably be available tomorrow. Worth letting the browser work on for now though, especially if you want the first or last date.

Animaniac93-98

It doesn't seem like anything is selling out, regardless of how long people wait on line. So it'll probably be available tomorrow. Worth letting the browser work on for now though, especially if you want the first or last date.

Luckily it's not first or last, and now I have the time to leave the queue running while I do other things.

Animaniac93-98

"Message last updated: 3:11 PM [PST]

We are experiencing significantly higher than normal wait times to purchase tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. We are deliberately pulsing Guests through the system. Wait times may be several hours or more depending on when you joined the queue. We still have plenty of tickets available, and we plan to keep the system open throughout the night to accommodate the demand. Please don't refresh and we will get you through the queue as soon as we can, or feel free to try back at a later date. We thank you for your patience as we work to accommodate as many Guests as possible."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom