Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

KikoKea

So, the only paid party (after closing event) is Oogie Boogie? There is no party at Disneyland park like in the past? Did Oogie take its place?

KikoKea

Oogie took it's place in 2019 I believe. Party switched parks
OK. Looks like they have decorations, costume characters, overlays, etc for Halloween in DL all day- sort of like they do at Christmas- no party....but the park is in party mode.

George Lucas on a Bench

DL's Halloween is mainly a giant Mickey Pumpkin and Haunted Mansion Holiday, which is arguably more of a Christmas version, opened in September, the hottest time of year.

The party at DCA wasn't bad but it needed more offerings I thought.

VJ

In all seriousness, though, LuminAria had some amazing music. Glad they reused some of it for Season of Light. (EDIT: On second thought, maybe I just imagined the last bit... though they definitely should consider using some of LuminAria's music.)
SOL didn't use music from LA, but the sleeping beauty's winter castle lighting did :D same melody with rewritten lyrics

KikoKea

DL's Halloween is mainly a giant Mickey Pumpkin and Haunted Mansion Holiday, which is arguably more of a Christmas version, opened in September, the hottest time of year.

The party at DCA wasn't bad but it needed more offerings I thought.
We always enjoyed DL's party, but I was not very impressed by the ads for DCA's party- mainly because we aren't very crazy about DCA. We're trying to decide what we'll do this Fall. We usually hit WDW's party a couple of nights, but right now we're feeling the 8 hr drive isn't worth it to visit the World.

waltography

SOL didn't use music from LA, but the sleeping beauty's winter castle lighting did :D same melody with rewritten lyrics
Thank you! I was trying to wrack my brain from where I heard the music again because I was sure it was reused somewhere.

waltography

I was impressed by the DCA party when I went in 2019. Even though it was in the inferior park it felt like a step up from Mickey’s Halloween Party more closely approximating a proper Halloween event like WDW has had for years (rare character meets, genuinely unique experiences etc.)
Along with everything you mentioned here, I can't emphasize enough how Villains Grove changed my perspective of DCA as the new Halloween party park; it's a bunch of lights and projections, but man is it more than the sum of its parts.

pdude81

Waiting for the ticketing to open so I can purchase. We'll only be there for the last 2 nights. I was thinking to go for 10/30 and then go to DL on Halloween night while the party is in DCA. Any idea of DL would be more mobbed on actual halloween Sunday versus the night before? I assume both days would be pretty packed but a Sunday night people would pack it in early for work the next day.

Any advice? I'm not sure which night to do the party in DCA and which to be at DL when the party is going on next door

edit: I was refreshing until I got a queue ID. I assume it was random among everybody in when it went live, as wait shows more than an hour instantly. I may not have a decision to make on dates

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom