Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

waltography

Man, that 10/30 Saturday was the first date to go, but the only other Saturday is still sitting there. I guess perhaps people don't feel like they can get into the Halloween spirit at the beginning of September, so they're not willing to pay the top price to go, even if it's a Saturday night.
I'm going that Saturday and I too am surprised it's not selling out as fast as other dates; good thing I only waited like half an hour in line on Tuesday to get those tickets or I'd be pretty mad. 😂

Animaniac93-98

Man, that 10/30 Saturday was the first date to go, but the only other Saturday is still sitting there. I guess perhaps people don't feel like they can get into the Halloween spirit at the beginning of September, so they're not willing to pay the top price to go, even if it's a Saturday night.

I'm going that Saturday and I too am surprised it's not selling out as fast as other dates; good thing I only waited like half an hour in line on Tuesday to get those tickets or I'd be pretty mad. 😂

IMO It's the combination of it not being the first night AND the most expensive that's making people pick other dates ATM.

If it were cheaper, or the first night, it would have sold out by now.

pdude81

IMO It's the combination of it not being the first night AND the most expensive that's making people pick other dates ATM.

If it were cheaper, or the first night, it would have sold out by now.
I wonder if everybody is like me and figured that Halloween would sell out quickest, so they didn't even target it. We all punked each other.

Then again, I'm flying in that day so it helps not burn extra money on park tickets for a shortened day. My hope is that they don't mysteriously increase capacity like the Boo Bash at MK.

milordsloth

Wow! Check it out, availability right now showing for all dates except 10/30:

1626474990562.png
1626475010162.png

Added capacity??

SoCalDisneyLover

Wow! Check it out, availability right now showing for all dates except 10/30:

View attachment 572743 View attachment 572744

Added capacity??
So they caused an all day nightmare for people on Tuesday, putting holds on everyone's credit card accounts thanks to a "glitch" in their system, and then a queue that lasted well into the evening? Only to now make almost everything fully available? They're really something.

And Nothing changed from Tuesday to today, so there's no reason they had to wait to suddenly flood the system with availability again. It's like they're playing some sort of a game. I could see them increasing capacity down the road, but 3 days into the sale?

pdude81

So they caused an all day nightmare for people on Tuesday, putting holds on everyone's credit card accounts thanks to a "glitch" in their system, and then a queue that lasted well into the evening? Only to now make almost everything fully available? They're really something.

And Nothing changed from Tuesday to today, so there's no reason they had to wait to suddenly flood the system with availability again. It's like they're playing some sort of a game. I could see them increasing capacity down the road, but 3 days into the sale?
I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people ended up with multiple holds that had to be worked out after charging for them. If even a few tickets remain, it would show availability for anybody searching.

milordsloth

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people ended up with multiple holds that had to be worked out after charging for them. If even a few tickets remain, it would show availability for anybody searching.
That could make sense. If it was actually added capacity I would imagine 10/30 would be available as well...

SoCalDisneyLover

If that's the case, then those previously sold out dates won't be available for very long.

Otherwise, I wouldn't put it past Disney to pull a stunt by starting a frenzy for "limited" tickets, causing a cluster-f during the onsale, then having dates quickly sell out to create demand, followed by flooding the system with tickets and sell even more.

Time will tell I suppose.

AmishGuy91

If that's the case, then those previously sold out dates won't be available for very long.

Otherwise, I wouldn't put it past Disney to pull a stunt by starting a frenzy for "limited" tickets, causing a cluster-f during the onsale, then having dates quickly sell out to create demand, followed by flooding the system with tickets and sell even more.

It’s either this or they simply just increased capacity. They did something like this with Boo Bash at WDW

milordsloth

All dates still available except 10/30. So strange they even let the dates sell out earlier in the week.

truecoat

I'm going to California for a football game and my first thought maybe I can go to the Halloween party after. I finally came to my senses when I remembered the game is in November.

milordsloth

I just checked availability again for the first time in a few days and was surprised to see many days sold out:

1626972243399.png
1626972262887.png

Last time I checked only 10/30 and 10/31 were sold out.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dessert parties are back -

"Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining

With Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining, dine on a delicious three-course meal (starter, entrée, and dessert) at Wine Country Trattoria prior to the parade and then head over to a reserved standing viewing area to witness the magic and mayhem of the Frightfully Fun Parade during Oogie Boogie Bash party nights.**

Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining is available for lunch and dinner on party dates during the mix-in party time. The children’s meal includes an Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket (also available for adults for an additional charge). Reservations for dining at the restaurant can be made for Wine Country Trattoria on any date of the Oogie Boogie Bash subject to availability. Upon arrival, let the host know you want to upgrade to this dining experience, which is subject to availability, and must be made in person. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are required for this dining package, and will need to be shown for verification at the location.

Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party

Sweeten your night at the Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party with some terrifyingly terrific Halloween treats along with reserved viewing for Frightfully Fun Parade.** With this package, feast on an impressive selection of hauntingly scrumptious desserts and beverages.

Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party is available twice per night, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. during party nights. Children ages 2 and under may attend free of charge, provided they are seated on the lap of an adult. Advance reservations are recommended and can be booked online up to 60 days prior to your visit at Disneyland.com/Dining. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are required for booking, and will need to be shown for verification when arriving at the location.

Dining reservations for Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party package will be available beginning August 11."

waltography

Dessert parties are back -

"Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining

With Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining, dine on a delicious three-course meal (starter, entrée, and dessert) at Wine Country Trattoria prior to the parade and then head over to a reserved standing viewing area to witness the magic and mayhem of the Frightfully Fun Parade during Oogie Boogie Bash party nights.**

Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining is available for lunch and dinner on party dates during the mix-in party time. The children’s meal includes an Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket (also available for adults for an additional charge). Reservations for dining at the restaurant can be made for Wine Country Trattoria on any date of the Oogie Boogie Bash subject to availability. Upon arrival, let the host know you want to upgrade to this dining experience, which is subject to availability, and must be made in person. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are required for this dining package, and will need to be shown for verification at the location.

Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party

Sweeten your night at the Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party with some terrifyingly terrific Halloween treats along with reserved viewing for Frightfully Fun Parade.** With this package, feast on an impressive selection of hauntingly scrumptious desserts and beverages.

Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party is available twice per night, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. during party nights. Children ages 2 and under may attend free of charge, provided they are seated on the lap of an adult. Advance reservations are recommended and can be booked online up to 60 days prior to your visit at Disneyland.com/Dining. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are required for booking, and will need to be shown for verification when arriving at the location.

Dining reservations for Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party package will be available beginning August 11."

Has anyone tried these packages? Very curious if they're worth it/what price point they're at. EDIT: I realize now they're new for this year, excuse me. 😂

CaptinEO

Has anyone tried these packages? Very curious if they're worth it/what price point they're at. EDIT: I realize now they're new for this year, excuse me. 😂
I heard how in the 90s they were great, the fantasmic one had fresh baked desserts/cakes, now everything is prepackaged snacks. Have never done one but its Disney's way of selling you show viewing but pretending they are selling something else.

"Its a dessert party (that happens to give you viewing for a parade)."

Just like "It's a VIP Tour! (that also lets you skip
every line)."

waltography

I heard how in the 90s they were great, the fantasmic one had fresh baked desserts/cakes, now everything is prepackaged snacks. Have never done one but its Disney's way of selling you show viewing but pretending they are selling something else.

"Its a dessert party (that happens to give you viewing for a parade)."

Just like "It's a VIP Tour! (that also lets you skip
every line)."
I thought as much 😂 I was only ever interested for the parade viewing, the desserts were only a minor plus.

Anyways, it seems like they're all sold out for opening weekend so I guess we'll see if they have any day-of reservations open when we go.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom