Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

I’m not judging…we stand where we stand and we support what we support.

But after hours involved kicking people out since the start. That was the point and how they sold it. They just never admitted it at a press conference.

It is what it is.

If a park is scheduled to close at 10 (would be regardless if there is an event or not) and Disney is offering for people who want to pay a price the chance to stay in park for 3 more hours with barely any crowds and ride all the rides -How is this kicking people out early? How is this different than allowing deluxe resort guests to stay? Are they kicking people out early?

Again, I'm discussing the after-hour events, not parties.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If a park is scheduled to close at 10 (would be regardless if there is an event or not) and Disney is offering for people who want to pay a price the chance to stay in park for 3 more hours with barely any crowds and ride all the rides. How is this kicking people out early? How is this different than allowing deluxe resort guests to stay? Are they kicking people out early?

The after hours event exist because they kept the traditional “off season” hours with inflated crowds as the patterns shifted and the crowds back filled into those months.

When those hours were appropriate, there were no lines…therefore no need for a “low capacity” “event” for low lines.

The chicken came before the egg.

So if 9-7 was appropriate on 1/17/96 ( It was more than)…and the crowds increased a net 40% (at least) by 1/17/2018…you have two options:

1. Increase the hours to 8-11/12 (traditional June hours for those size crowds…actually June has likely decreased now)
2. Keep low attendance hours with much inflated crowds, sell $129 tickets 7-10.

So what do pick when you get out of the tanning booth, Bob?

dreday3

The after hours event exist because they kept the traditional “off season” hours with inflated crowds as the patterns shifted and the crowds back filled into those months.

When those hours were appropriate, there were no lines…therefore no need for a “low capacity” “event” for low lines.

The chicken came before the egg.

So if 9-7 was appropriate on 1/17/96 ( It was more than)…and the crowds increased a net 40% (at least) by 1/17/2018…you have two options:

1. Increase the hours to 8-11/12 (traditional June hours for those size crowds…actually June has likely decreased now)
2. Keep low attendance hours with much inflated crowds, sell $129 tickets 7-10.

So what do pick when you get out of the tanning booth, Bob?

But you are asking me to give an opinion on something that's already happening, right now, which I did.

If you wanted me to play pretend and act like they would actually go back to keeping the parks open late without the after hours, then I'll change my answer. I would like to the parks to just stay open until 1 am and have there be no crowds just due to people not staying that late.

But that cat is out of the bag and up the hill feasting on mice. :D eh? eh?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But you are asking me to give an opinion on something that's already happening, right now, which I did.

If you wanted me to play pretend and act like they would actually go back to keeping the parks open late without the after hours, then I'll change my answer. I would like to the parks to just stay open until 1 am and have there be no crowds just due to people not staying that late.

But that cat is out of the bag and up the hill feasting on mice. :D eh? eh?
Like I said…it is what it is. I’m not judging you in the here and now. I’m saying that anti to what Chi Thinks that we - all of us - caused it. Especially since 2010.

We buy and accept the next step…myself included.

dreday3

Like I said…it is what it is. I’m not judging you in the here and now. I’m saying be anti to what Chi Thinks that we - all of us - caused it. Especially since 2010.

Well, we went (in our late 20s, after the 70s/80s childhood trips) in 2000 and then not again until 2011 and didn't attend any kind of parties, so technically...I didn't cause it during that time period. 😂

But yes, I'm a willing participant. Went to Halloween party in 2014, 2017 and Boo Bash 2021.

Next trip (if we go) is going to be around Earth Day in 2023, so I will probably buy an Earth Day cupcake at AK.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If a park is scheduled to close at 10 (would be regardless if there is an event or not) and Disney is offering for people who want to pay a price the chance to stay in park for 3 more hours with barely any crowds and ride all the rides -How is this kicking people out early? How is this different than allowing deluxe resort guests to stay? Are they kicking people out early?

The daily crowd levels is what drives the desire to stay late the night. There is a simple correlation there.

Some nut rolls would stay in 24 hours a day to ride mine train…but that is not why after hours exist.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, we went (in our late 20s, after the 70s/80s childhood trips) in 2000 and then not again until 2011 and didn't attend any kind of parties, so technically...I didn't cause it during that time period. 😂

But yes, I'm a willing participant. Went to Halloween party in 2014, 2017 and Boo Bash 2021.

Next trip (if we go) is going to be around Earth Day in 2023, so I will probably buy an Earth Day cupcake at AK.
The last Christmas party I was at was in 2011…it was expensive (about $60) and uncomfortably sold.
The last Halloween was in 2010…the same.

Have never returned to those…but I average probably 2.5 trips to wdw since.

You do the math.

Disney Glimpses

It allowed them to sell the backend of the day at the same or higher than the day. It’s really not that hard to analyze.

They’ll increase the attendance and the prices.

Bet me.
Eh, they had trouble filling some of the parties at the current price. They can raise the price and attendance all they want, they won't sell out. Higher prices means fewer guests.

And sure, that model worked. This model works better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Eh, they had trouble filling some of the parties at the current price. They can raise the price and attendance all they want, they won't sell out. Higher prices means fewer guests.

Well…the goal is to sell more tickets at huge increases…

…but they’d settle for the higher prices if given the need to chose.

Chi84

Premium Member
1. If it's "after-hours" then no one should be kicked out early. AK's didn't start until after park close (8:30), MK started at 9 or 10. So then it's a personal choice whether or not you want to go. So yes to answer your question in the frame of what I've been posting about, I advocate for true after-hour parties (after regular scheduled park close) for anyone who wants to attend. On select nights. I think the regular parties started in 1995?
2. Yes.

I already know you think I'm wrong, a lemming, fool, something else I'm sure and ruining Disney. I can live with that. :)
Like I said…it is what it is. I’m not judging you in the here and now. I’m saying that anti to what Chi Thinks that we - all of us - caused it. Especially since 2010.

Just to clarify, Chi thinks she will buy @dreday3 something off the reserve list at Wine Bar George should our WDW trips ever again coincide. :)

Disney Glimpses

Well…the goal is to sell more tickets at huge increases…

…but they’d settle for the higher prices if given the need to chose.
Correct. But my point is they don't need to limit capacity (outside of actual holiday days like Christmas day or halloween). There is a baseline expectation for reservations at these current prices that meets their desired margin and the rest is gravy. The price manages the attendance by itself and will continue to rise to do so. I think we're agreeing.

I guess what I'm dialing down to is don't expect an After Hours event to have long waits or be overcrowded, it won't happen. From what I understand, the Christmas After Hours exceeded expectations.

VJ

“Due to the success of last year’s offering, this year’s Boo Bash will be available to more consumers and feature pricing starting at only $299/consumer! You are the magic!!!”
*parking fee, entrance fee, handling fee, costume fee, candy fee, and Chapek's Cut™ fee not included.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Didn't they announce that basically every party AH event sold out? (ETA: I was hoping many parties wouldn't sell out, just as a middle-finger to TDO and Bob/Josh for this, but...) I was following things but as with Bob/Josh, the next money-making scheme took over and washed this off of my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom