Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Disney just announced today that the H2O Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon will return this year after having been shuttered the past two years due to Covid. Nothing there that is directly related to the Halloween or Christmas parties, but it is yet one more sign of WDW getting back to normal. I still think we're likely to see the full parties return this year. But only time will tell, I suppose.
They do not plan to have their 50th anniversary fireworks dark 4 nights each week for four months.

Honestly, if it is run like the Christmas event, you get the entertainment with lower crowds for twice the price. We had been asking for lower crowds and get them. Anyone who expected lower crowds for the same price lives in Fantasyland.

JMcMahonEsq

So the path forward from here is pretty clear, right? Disney slowly (well, not that slowly) increases attendance limits at AH events. Eventually, they become overcrowded. People complain. In a few years Disney announces that they heard the complaints, and are replacing the AH with a new type of event that features nice low attendance - and for only $129 more then the average AH ticket. And so on.
Ummmm yes? You mean the path forward is to use logic and business sense. A service is wildly popular and sells out rapidly. As the supplier of that service you can do 2 things. First you can increase the availability of the service so more people can use it. That’s the increasing attendance part. If you do that and sales start to level off, you know you have reached a point where most of your customer base who wants the service is able to get it at the price your offering.

However if services keep being bought out at a rapid pace, such that supply is never satisfying demand at the price point, you either have to find a way to further increase supply, or you raise the price. In this case you can’t just keep increasing attendance at each party as that will eventually (and it is eventually as I think the public will keep buying into reduced lines as opposed to no lines for some time) erode the value of the service. I guess they could attempt to expand after hour type events beyond just the Halloween and Xmas seasons, or potentially expand it to other parks, but I think there are some logistical problems with that.

GimpYancIent

Ummmm yes? You mean the path forward is to use logic and business sense. A service is wildly popular and sells out rapidly. As the supplier of that service you can do 2 things. First you can increase the availability of the service so more people can use it. That’s the increasing attendance part. If you do that and sales start to level off, you know you have reached a point where most of your customer base who wants the service is able to get it at the price your offering.

However if services keep being bought out at a rapid pace, such that supply is never satisfying demand at the price point, you either have to find a way to further increase supply, or you raise the price. In this case you can’t just keep increasing attendance at each party as that will eventually (and it is eventually as I think the public will keep buying into reduced lines as opposed to no lines for some time) erode the value of the service. I guess they could attempt to expand after hour type events beyond just the Halloween and Xmas seasons, or potentially expand it to other parks, but I think there are some logistical problems with that.
Now you are talking Bob language. Make it exclusive, as exclusive as possible, raise the price, even double it under the guise of crowd control. Don't worry about content and minimal time frame just make it look good and charge as much as possible.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So if Boo Bash starts at MK park closing every night then what are the elites (relax. that is a joke) staying at the deluxe resorts going to do? That effectively takes them out of the running for the MK extra evening hours right?
They elites will be expected to be first in line to “experience” what it’s like to ride pirates as a Halloween parade rolls by…

Words can’t describe the multi sensory stimulation.

dreday3

Perhaps they should do away with the "party".

Offer the Halloween parade and fireworks on all nights during October (only). Have the Hocus Pocus thing (I still can't believe people celebrate this movie, terrible :D ) once during day and night.

Then just offer plain old after-hours for those who want to take advantage of low crowds and rides. Maybe have some trick or treating then.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perhaps they should do away with the "party".

Offer the Halloween parade and fireworks on all nights during October (only). Have the Hocus Pocus thing (I still can't believe people celebrate this movie, terrible :D ) once during day and night.

Then just offer plain old after-hours for those who want to take advantage of low crowds and rides. Maybe have some trick or treating then.
What?!?

Don’t remember “experiencing” boo bash last year?? Does your wallet?😎

JMcMahonEsq

So let me see if I've got this straight?…

There are people “expecting” that they’re increase the overhead to add stuff when they sold it at a much higher price at less last year?

Anybody have some magic beans…while we’re at it?
To be fair, they sort of did that last year. The Xmas holiday after hour event added more things/services/shows than the boo bash after hours event had and I don’t believe (and I will admit I didn’t go back and check) that the Xmas tickets were all that differently priced. Now I will admit we went to the boo bash early in the season (August) and holiday in December, so my ticket price isn’t and apples to apples comparison

But I also don’t know if there is a true demand to add a lot more things to the after hours events tbh. If the main reason people are purchasing after hour tickets are for short wait times, and not stage shows or parades, they are better off from a customer demand point adding more after hour slots, as opposed to adding more things to existing events

dreday3

What?!?

Don’t remember “experiencing” boo bash last year?? Does your wallet?😎

I remember. We had fun, but because we went for the low wait times for rides. We walked on just about everything so it worked out for us. We aren't parade/show/fireworks people, so none of that really mattered to us. (and I didn't pay, it was a b-day gift from my brother! ;) )
We've done 2 parties, 1 boo bash and now we have had our fill of Halloween at Disney. 😄

Just give all the people the parade/fireworks/stage-show. Have an after-hours for those want low wait times for rides. Everybody wins. No muss, no fuss.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember. We had fun, but because we went for the low wait times for rides. We walked on just about everything so it worked out for us. We aren't parade/show/fireworks people, so none of that really mattered to us. (and I didn't pay, it was a b-day gift from my brother! ;) )

We've done 2 parties, 1 boo bash and now we have had our fill of Halloween at Disney. 😄

Just give all the people the parade/fireworks/stage-show. Have an after-hours for those want low wait times for rides. No muss, no fuss.
Somebody paid…and somebody was in the market for it.

And I gotta talk to my brother…$175 a head for a birthday is something I need to gets me some of as an full on adult 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be fair, they sort of did that last year. The Xmas holiday after hour event added more things/services/shows than the boo bash after hours event had and I don’t believe (and I will admit I didn’t go back and check) that the Xmas tickets were all that differently priced. Now I will admit we went to the boo bash early in the season (August) and holiday in December, so my ticket price isn’t and apples to apples comparison

But I also don’t know if there is a true demand to add a lot more things to the after hours events tbh. If the main reason people are purchasing after hour tickets are for short wait times, and not stage shows or parades, they are better off from a customer demand point adding more after hour slots, as opposed to adding more things to existing events
I believe that was a function of some bad press and their crowd management issues blowing up during the day at the same time.

I bet that is properly “silenced” this go around.

dreday3

Somebody paid…and somebody was in the market for it.

And I gotta talk to my brother…$175 a head for a birthday is something I need to gets some of as an full one adult 👍🏻

He's a keeper. Sometimes. Sometimes he's a grump.

I would not do Boo Bash as a substitute if I wanted to experience the party again. (if that makes sense)

But what it did teach me is that we would enjoy an After-Hours at other parks. We did find the short to non-existent lines worth it. I just wouldn't do it again if I wanted to celebrate Halloween, party was better for that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He's a keeper.

I would not do Boo Bash as a substitute if I wanted to experience the party again. (if that makes sense)

But what it did teach me is that we would enjoy an After-Hours at other parks. We did find the short to non-existent lines worth it. I just wouldn't do it if I wanted to celebrate Halloween, party was better for that.
So more buying?…

…and that “experience” thing again, eh?

🍸it’s time. And it’s drinking day anyway

JMcMahonEsq

I believe that was a function of some bad press and their crowd management issues blowing up during the day at the same time.

I bet that is properly “silenced” this go around.
I don’t see how that links. They added services to an after hours event to combat crowd management concerns during times when the party wasn’t happening?

If anything if there was blow back from the boo bash responses I could see it as a reaction to crowds at boo bash thinking there wasn’t enough offered for that after hours, so they increased the offering for Xmas. To be fair it also could have been a function of time and dealing with lessening of Covid concerns. Fireworks hadn’t returned all that long prior to boo bash so Disney couldn’t be sure how large gatherings of closed in, non moving people would go over, such as people standing around the castle. The extra time may have given WDW a comfort level they could handle that without issues, and that people would want it. Timing wise August/September/boo bash season was the height of delta and again large packed in groups for shows/parades wouldn’t have been ideal.

dreday3

So more buying?…

…and that “experience” thing again, eh?

🍸it’s time. And it’s drinking day anyway

I feel like you are intentionally missing my point, but that's okay.

Yes, we had every intention on doing an AK after-hours for a trip we were planning for 2020, but then Covid. So we chose to do Boo-Bash when we rescheduled, which was just an after-hours (same cost) dressed up as Halloween. We thought the price was well worth the short lines. For Halloween, the party is better than an after-hours if you want all the extras.

So yes, we would pay for an after-hours at another park, even under your disapproving eye. And I will be having wine later. I'm working right now, you know...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t see how that links. They added services to an after hours event to combat crowd management concerns during times when the party wasn’t happening?

If anything if there was blow back from the boo bash responses I could see it as a reaction to crowds at boo bash thinking there wasn’t enough offered for that after hours, so they increased the offering for Xmas. To be fair it also could have been a function of time and dealing with lessening of Covid concerns. Fireworks hadn’t returned all that long prior to boo bash so Disney couldn’t be sure how large gatherings of closed in, non moving people would go over, such as people standing around the castle. The extra time may have given WDW a comfort level they could handle that without issues, and that people would want it. Timing wise August/September/boo bash season was the height of delta and again large packed in groups for shows/parades wouldn’t have been ideal.
They were getting flak in the mainstream press at the time for being understaffed, overrun and charging too much

JMcMahonEsq

They were getting flak in the mainstream press at the time for being understaffed, overrun and charging too much
And their response was to make changes to an exclusive limited attendance event that the vast majority of the main client base would never see? Don’t think that reasoning hunts. No larges scale good PR bump, for additional costs only benefitting a small minority of Customers for no increased revenue.

mattpeto

I think it would be neat if they hosted both types of parties during Halloween and Christmas. Give us 2 days of AH, 2 day of legacy parties per week. Kicking out day guests at MK at 6 pm 2x a week is a little bit more reasonable. Disney could offer exclusive beverages, merchandise, meet and greets from each party - which would probably make the uber fan want to do both parties.

Normal party: Earlier, Cheaper and heavy with entertainment - but deal with crowds
After Hours Party: Expensive with low crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom