Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
And we wonder why Disney can get away with charging so much $$$$ for these events.

JMcMahonEsq

Having done both bashes in 2021, and comparing them to the parties in 2017 and 2019, I hope they keep the bash format from 2021. The reduced capacity of the bash events, vs the amount of people at the holiday parties was absolutely great. I will admit the Christmas event this year had more than the boo bash (a special fire works show in addition to nightly show stage show, ect) but I even without them being able to walk around during boo bash from ride to ride was great.

I will also say this, I remember back in 2017 the look on a families face when they were kicked out of the park early for the full blown holiday party. It was the first one of tht season and they (and their daughter) were devastated. While I normally fall into the the do your reasearch and know when the park is closing if your going to be there, the bash set up of not having to kick little kids out of MK on any given night is a major plus.

yensidtlaw1969

Having done both bashes in 2021, and comparing them to the parties in 2017 and 2019, I hope they keep the bash format from 2021. The reduced capacity of the bash events, vs the amount of people at the holiday parties was absolutely great. I will admit the Christmas event this year had more than the boo bash (a special fire works show in addition to nightly show stage show, ect) but I even without them being able to walk around during boo bash from ride to ride was great.
I hope the reduced capacity wasn't the biggest perk - because you know the first change they'll make if they bring back Boo Bash is increasing the amount of gue$t$ let in.

G00fyDad

I hope the reduced capacity wasn't the biggest perk - because you know the first change they'll make if they bring back Boo Bash is increasing the amount of gue$t$ let in.

They were doing that all season last year. More and more and more spots were opened up for BB.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Disney just announced today that the H2O Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon will return this year after having been shuttered the past two years due to Covid. Nothing there that is directly related to the Halloween or Christmas parties, but it is yet one more sign of WDW getting back to normal. I still think we're likely to see the full parties return this year. But only time will tell, I suppose.

Disney Glimpses

Plans for events are "still evolving."

But I believe After Hours events are likely to stay, for a number of reasons:

1 - It's a best of both worlds (fireworks, parade, low wait times). Parties are incredibly busy and wait times can be so, so. The feedback from Guests is that they feel like they got their "money's worth" more often with the AH events over parties.
2 - Guests did not like when Magic Kingdom closed at 6pm every other night for a party they were not attending.
3 - They can run these events year round and simply swap the themes out, keeping a predictable flow of revenue and operations.

JMcMahonEsq

Plans for events are "still evolving."

But I believe After Hours events are likely to stay, for a number of reasons:

1 - It's a best of both worlds (fireworks, parade, low wait times). Parties are incredibly busy and wait times can be so, so. The feedback from Guests is that they feel like they got their "money's worth" more often with the AH events over parties.
2 - Guests did not like when Magic Kingdom closed at 6pm every other night for a party they were not attending.
3 - They can run these events year round and simply swap the themes out, keeping a predictable flow of revenue and operations.
We definitely fall into this category. We loved the Boo Bash because of 1 and 2. No crowds and no august sun pounding down on you were amazing benefits. And while we didn’t close the park down for Christmas like we did Boo Bash, the addition of separate fire work show and stage shows made Xmas even better. I maybe in the minority of people but I wouldn’t mind at all if there is a price increase this year, as long as the number of tickets sold each night doesn’t go up

RememberWhen

I may be in the minority, but I’d rathera price increase and low crowds with the party time and length. The Bash was too late and too short. I know it sucks to have MK shut down early during your once ever trip to WDW. But it also sucks to pay for the party for an excited 4-6 year old who truly can’t stay up that late. The party felt more family friendly.

Vinnie Mac

Wondering when the plans for Halloween 2022 will be announced. Seems a bit late for the
announcement. I understand that this far out they want to make sa sure a possible wether
Covid will be a factor . Any ideas or scuttlebutt ?
My prediction for this year is a Boo Bash announcement but with offerings much closer to what we are used to for pre-pandemic Halloween parties. Though I would be happy to be wrong about this and we get a FULL party :D

Casper Gutman

So the path forward from here is pretty clear, right? Disney slowly (well, not that slowly) increases attendance limits at AH events. Eventually, they become overcrowded. People complain. In a few years Disney announces that they heard the complaints, and are replacing the AH with a new type of event that features nice low attendance - and for only $129 more then the average AH ticket. And so on.

JMcMahonEsq

I may be in the minority, but I’d rathera price increase and low crowds with the party time and length. The Bash was too late and too short. I know it sucks to have MK shut down early during your once ever trip to WDW. But it also sucks to pay for the party for an excited 4-6 year old who truly can’t stay up that late. The party felt more family friendly.
I will be honest until you posted this, I had forgotten the meltdown my nephew had on the walk back from the boardwalk to the swan at 1:00am after the party. He was the youngest of the 4 kids (8) and had the shortest of legs for what ended up being an over 35,000 step day.

I am not sure there is a great fix for this. Different times are always going to work better/worse for different people, and it’s very tempting to utilize “extra hours” post normal park closing for parties, as opposed to cannibalizing normal park hours. I also think (at least for Boo Bash) it works better thematically for the event to take place “at night” meaning when it’s dark, which in the summer your not getting. I think that’s one of the things the old party lineups did well. the Xmas party in 2017 I remember basically split the night in half, and repeated most of the shows twice, so young kids could see them in the first half of night, and not have to stay up to the end of the party to see everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom