Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberWhen

Yeah, I never complained about any of that. We would always have hoppers and MK was classically less crowded on party days anyway because of the early close so those were great days to do MK and then hop. The fact remains that after hours events are not good for families with young children.
Agreed. And also not complaining about early park closures for parties. But I am a planner and have been to MK more times than I can count. I do understand why someone on their once-ever trip might be bummed that they didn’t realize the parties would mean they had to leave. I still would like the early parties back. Low crowds and early. I’d pay for that.

Disney Glimpses

You mean the same people who complain about 6 pm closures with no fireworks the other 3 nights of the week when there’s a party but they aren’t attending it? And then complain about the remaining 3 nights because they are too crowded since those are the only 3 nights with fireworks for day guests.
It was pretty annoying tbh

Valderone

Wondering when the plans for Halloween 2022 will be announced. Seems a bit late for the
announcement. I understand that this far out they want to make sa sure a possible wether
Covid will be a factor . Any ideas or scuttlebutt ?
Mickeyvisit.com has the most complete info I have found so far.

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah, I never complained about any of that. We would always have hoppers and MK was classically less crowded on party days anyway because of the early close so those were great days to do MK and then hop. The fact remains that after hours events are not good for families with young children.
Their point was that Party days are also not good for families with young children - and that they inconvenienced a much larger group of people because they not only inconvenience everyone at MK who isn't attending the party but also all the guests going MK on non-party days during party season.

Tom P.

Their point was that Party days are also not good for families with young children - and that they inconvenienced a much larger group of people because they not only inconvenience everyone at MK who isn't attending the party but also all the guests going MK on non-party days during party season.
We have been to Disney many times with our young children and have enjoyed the party days -- and the parties -- just fine.

However, whether it's parties or after hours events, we would not hesitate to do them, even with our young children. We've always liked Magic Kingdom at night. And perhaps it makes us the weird outlying parents, but we've never cared about keeping our kids on a "normal" schedule during vacation. We've been at Magic Kingdom at midnight with our young kids and they've done just fine!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You mean the same people who complain about 6 pm closures with no fireworks the other 3 nights of the week when there’s a party but they aren’t attending it? And then complain about the remaining 3 nights because they are too crowded since those are the only 3 nights with fireworks for day guests.
The first part … they did extend MK hours in the morning on party days to make up for the 6pm closure, even I gave them credit for doing that. Your second part is valid, though, as is the original complaint that AH parties that begin at 9pm really aren’t geared for young families. There really is no ideal solution that will appeal to everyone. So TDO takes the route that will make them the most money. As if that surprises anyone.

ToTBellHop

The first part … they did extend MK hours in the morning on party days to make up for the 6pm closure, even I gave them credit for doing that. Your second part is valid, though, as is the original complaint that AH parties that begin at 9pm really aren’t geared for young families. There really is no ideal solution that will appeal to everyone. So TDO takes the route that will make them the most money. As if that surprises anyone.
Interestingly, the first year when then moved to the 6 pm close, park open moved to 8 am to make up for that. By the final year with MNSSHP and MVMCP, they mysteriously went back to a 9 am open. Sneaky.

dreday3

Didn't they announce late last year too?

I wish they'd open up booking online for 2023 already. I want to shop around. June just seems so late for those planning on going early in the year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

G00fyDad

I’d really like to know what they’re up to before that… But I’ll have to try to wait patiently.
It should be around May 1st. It was June last year because they were still trying to finalize the "new party" up to that point. They already know what they are going to do this year (we don't, but they do.) and they are just hashing out the dates at this point.

RememberWhen

It should be around May 1st. It was June last year because they were still trying to finalize the "new party" up to that point. They already know what they are going to do this year (we don't, but they do.) and they are just hashing out the dates at this point.
I hope so. Though honestly, if it’s a late party (9-12) and the tickets are in the $150+ range, we’re going to skip it anyway. If the hours are earlier but still expensive we’ll think about it. But $600 for my family for a couple hours isn’t going to fly that late at night.

G00fyDad

I hope so. Though honestly, if it’s a late party (9-12) and the tickets are in the $150+ range, we’re going to skip it anyway. If the hours are earlier but still expensive we’ll think about it. But $600 for my family for a couple hours isn’t going to fly that late at night.

We'll still do it but only because it is our last trip to WDW and (coincidentally) my son's girlfriend's first trip so we want to do as much as we can.

Dranth

So anyone know yet if they will be doing Scam Bash or MNNSHP?
Hopefully Boo Bash or a time shifted full party. Having the parks close early for a massively overcrowded mess that was the Halloween (and Christmas) party stunk. Now if they do the full party but don't start it until normal park close then no biggie, people who enjoy those can go and those that want full hours don't get shut out.

G00fyDad

Total rumor so far but I have heard that they intend to do the Boo Bash again but this time they would have the parade instead of the cavalcades, fireworks, and a stage show. My guess if that if they return to a full party like they did before then it will probably start at 7pm on three nights a week again.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Announcement coming this week?

"It’s hard to believe but we’ve reached the halfway point to Halloween and this year we’re celebrating like never before with a series of wickedly wonderful surprises leading up to a full day of #HalfwaytoHalloween fun and spellbinding Disney Parks announcements on Thursday, April 28!"

mattpeto

Total rumor so far but I have heard that they intend to do the Boo Bash again but this time they would have the parade instead of the cavalcades, fireworks, and a stage show. My guess if that if they return to a full party like they did before then it will probably start at 7pm on three nights a week again.

I'd be shocked if they cut the specialty nighttime fireworks. I would think it's the full party stuff is coming but under the "AH" format, like Very Merriest.

WorldExplorer

I want the danged name back.

I mean, I want it to go back to being worth the money, too, but everyone wants that.

"Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party" had so much character to it, and the idea that the special events were the characters throwing parties was really cute.

"Boo Bash" sounds like the local high school's Halloween dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom