Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Another perk of most merriest, was on nights I didn’t attend the party, I could watch Harmonious at Epcot and make it back to the Contemporary in time to be out on the deck to watch the Christmas fireworks show before going to bed, I believe I got to watch that show 4-5 times. It was a nice perk for us monorail resort people.

Disney Glimpses

Please remember, the parties were overcrowded because Disney wanted them overcrowded. The crowds are a relatively recent phenomenon. Parties used to (within the decade) feature walk-on level crowds.
This is true, but they can’t be expected to make less money than they are able to. AH allowed them to keep similar margins without the downside of overcrowding.

Disney Glimpses

So the path forward from here is pretty clear, right? Disney slowly (well, not that slowly) increases attendance limits at AH events. Eventually, they become overcrowded. People complain. In a few years Disney announces that they heard the complaints, and are replacing the AH with a new type of event that features nice low attendance - and for only $129 more then the average AH ticket. And so on.
No. The price will simply continue to increase. Low attendance is a feature they want to keep. It’s the entire reason EMH is now EEH for only select resorts. Crowds are the biggest complaint among guests and they are keen on finding ways for guests to pay their way out of them (AH, EEH, G+/LL).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And their response was to make changes to an exclusive limited attendance event that the vast majority of the main client base would never see? Don’t think that reasoning hunts. No larges scale good PR bump, for additional costs only benefitting a small minority of Customers for no increased revenue.
Making changes to lower criticism to any product is viewed as a net positive by “the company”…most of the time.

Can we not do this rudimentary basic Econ theory application to Disney that’s wrong 80% of the time? I know that’s your lane…but there’s usually a crash in that lane.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is true, but they can’t be expected to make less money than they are able to. AH allowed them to keep similar margins without the downside of overcrowding.
It allowed them to sell the backend of the day at the same or higher than the day. It’s really not that hard to analyze.
No. The price will simply continue to increase. Low attendance is a feature they want to keep. It’s the entire reason EMH is now EEH for only select resorts. Crowds are the biggest complaint among guests and they are keen on finding ways for guests to pay their way out of them (AH, EEH, G+/LL).
They’ll increase the attendance and the prices.

Bet me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they are going back to regular parties where people are kicked out early, then it should only be during the month of October. It's ridiculous for families going in August to worry about having to leave a park early for a Halloween party.

I know this won't happen, but I'm saying it anyways.
But what about those that have a deep need in their soul to “experience it” in august and September?
And the stockholders…what about their magic?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel like you are intentionally missing my point, but that's okay.

Yes, we had every intention on doing an AK after-hours for a trip we were planning for 2020, but then Covid. So we chose to do Boo-Bash when we rescheduled, which was just an after-hours (same cost) dressed up as Halloween. We thought the price was well worth the short lines. For Halloween, the party is better than an after-hours if you want all the extras.

So yes, we would pay for an after-hours at another park, even under your disapproving eye. And I will be having wine later. I'm working right now, you know...

Two questions:
1: do you advocate low duration, high cost reticketing of the parks in the evenings?
2. Are you sure about your answer to #1 (whatever it is)?

JMcMahonEsq

Making changes to lower criticism to any product is viewed as a net positive by “the company”…most of the time.

Can we not do this rudimentary basic Econ theory application to Disney that’s wrong 80% of the time? I know that’s your lane…but there’s usually a crash in that lane.
I love how when you can’t argue logic and actual business theory the idea blah blah blah let’s not talk about facts and instead go with business theory doesn’t apply to a business.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love how when you can’t argue logic and actual business theory the idea blah blah blah let’s not talk about facts and instead go with business theory doesn’t apply to a business.
You know nothing about how the decisions are made in Orlando. I’m “retired” but at one time knew quite a bit.

And I had Econ back when as well…so they idea is not foreign.

They attempt to avoid blowback when convenient…because bad press impacts future travelers and sales…while attempting to implement their strategic financial goals with a skilled use of terminology, marketing and psychological suggestion. Credit for that.

Want a great example on this thread? “Experience” is 1000% from their research, marketing and sales analysts to steer the customer. A meal or a ticket has a price and therefore a value expectation. An “experience”is detached from those concepts and can be ambiguous manipulated.

“And all the serpents followed St. Patrick and just magic flute”

But as far as what I know and don’t…you know nothing, Jon Snow

G00fyDad

So..... bout that party.......

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

dreday3

Two questions:
1: do you advocate low duration, high cost reticketing of the parks in the evenings?
2. Are you sure about your answer to #1 (whatever it is)?

1. If it's "after-hours" then no one should be kicked out early. AK's didn't start until after park close (8:30), MK started at 9 or 10. So then it's a personal choice whether or not you want to go. So yes to answer your question in the frame of what I've been posting about, I advocate for true after-hour parties (after regular scheduled park close) for anyone who wants to attend. On select nights. I think the regular parties started in 1995?
2. Yes.

I already know you think I'm wrong, a lemming, fool, something else I'm sure and ruining Disney. I can live with that. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. If it's "after-hours" then no one should be kicked out early. AK's didn't start until after park close (8:30) So then it's a personal choice whether or not you want to go. So yes to answer your question in the frame of what I've been posting about, I advocate for true after-hour parties (after regular scheduled park close) for anyone who wants to attend. On select nights. I think the regular parties started in 1995?
2. Yes.

I already know you think I'm wrong, a lemming, fool, something else I'm sure and ruining Disney. I can live with that. :)
I’m not judging…we stand where we stand and we support what we support.

But after hours involved kicking people out since the start. That was the point and how they sold it. They just never admitted it at a press conference.

It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom