Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I thought Great Moments in history managed to be educational, charming, and funny. If they can do that here, I’m for it.

Agreed. Great Moments in history was a big surprise for me (with regards to entertainment value). Hindsight being 20/20, have to wonder if Great Moments was a beta test to see the guest response to a "Muppets take on U.S. History" show before investing the resources to develop something larger/more permanent...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
+Keep Muppets at WDW (if Monsters, Inc. replaces it)
+Continued Muppets Merch Sales
+Muppets Themed Restaurant to increase interest at Liberty Tree Tavern
+Removes the need to update HoP every 4-8 years
+Increase interest, therefore added capacity to MK (while technically not a capacity addition, it will increase utilization of the theater. Same way GOTG wasn't technically an addition to Epcot, but it certainly being experienced by far more people than Ellen every did.)

This could be a relatively short-term addition in the interim between now and Cars/Villains.

I still think the best choice is for Muppets to go to the Imagination Pavilion.
ah...I was with you until that last sentence ;)

Donald Esq

Catering (kowtowing) to the louder more vocal disgruntled minority of the population that thinks that the Founding Father's were bad people for creating America, so let's make a joke out of the whole situation?? Maybe, maybe not. While I think Sam Eagle is one of the funniest muppets of them all for his ultra patriotic views, I feel that this is just another way to push Walt out of Walt Disney CORP.
This isn’t about kowtowing to anybody about the Founding Fathers. The divisiveness they’d be trying to eliminate has to do with more modern presidents. They’d rather not have crowds yelling let’s go Brandon at Biden or booing Trump. Having a lighthearted muppet interpretation of American history instead can ease the tension.

Lilofan

Very sad and I would not be surprised if this goes away eventually.

Bob is smart, he removes patriotism a little at a time, notice how few Independence Day decorations there were this year.

No doubt, "In response to guest demand" the Flag ceremony will be removed eventually.
I get the fantasy to escape reality when at WDW but these items do disturb me.

Disstevefan1

I still think the best choice is for Muppets to go to the Imagination Pavilion.
the-office-no.gif

The Leader of the Club

If you had a corporate mandate to keep them (and... Monsters, Inc. is deadlocked for Muppets) would you prefer Imagination or Liberty Square. My hope is for them to retain its current location, but Disney seems insistent on keeping them around in the parks somewhere.
Moving MuppetVision 3D to Magic Eye would be my preference. It’s still Jim Henson’s final project and should be preserved. Plus, I don’t think the current Imagineers or Muppet performers could do anything as brilliant as MuppetVision. And I think they’d agree.

Disstevefan1

If you had a corporate mandate to keep them (and... Monsters, Inc. is deadlocked for Muppets) would you prefer Imagination or Liberty Square. My hope is for them to retain its current location, but Disney seems insistent on keeping them around in the parks somewhere
In my opinion, we need Figment to remain in EPCOT and TWDC should invest in Figment as an IP.

But nothing what we say on these boards matter as TWDC will continue make poor choices.

JohnD

I don't know. If it really must go, then duplicate Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and the new Walt Disney AA as is happening in DL. They already have the Lincoln AA for his part in HOP now.

Sadly, I have to agree, most don't care about HOP until the current President. Then half the country hates it.

If Muppets must go in HS, then I propose the current film as is, is moved to the Magic Eye Theatre and replace the shorts.
Agreed - and the Muppets/Jim Henson represent unbridled Imagination better than most IPs they could shove in there - but remember that we aren't merely moving a film, but a preshow, multiple AAs (Statler & Waldorf, Bean, an entire Penguin Orchestra, Swedish Chef), live actors (Sweetums), projection, smoke, and bubble effects, etc. That's a major project.

JohnD

Agreed - and the Muppets/Jim Henson represent unbridled Imagination better than most IPs they could shove in there - but remember that we aren't merely moving a film, but a preshow, multiple AAs (Statler & Waldorf, Bean, an entire Penguin Orchestra, Swedish Chef), projection, smoke, and bubble effects, live actors (Sweetums), etc. That's a major project.
Nobody goes into the Magic Eye Theater. I don't care what they put in there. And to your point, why bother moving all that stuff if few, if any, sit down to watch for a few minutes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom