Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

So the question is- does it close after the election this year to be replaced, or do they leave it open in case Harris wins so they can at least have the first woman president in the HoP? I can only imagine it’d be bad optics if they closed it permanently right as America gets the first woman president. Especially if she’s replaced with a cartoon character.

the_rich

So the question is- does it close after the election this year to be replaced, or do they leave it open in case Harris wins so they can at least have the first woman president in the HoP? I can only imagine it’d be bad optics if they closed it permanently right as America gets the first woman president. Especially if she’s replaced with a cartoon character.
I mean it would be kind of silly to add her in just to close it soon after.

Moth

If they were smart. Before.

Tha Realest

Wait I kinda love this idea? They can cycle it out with each new president hm....
I think it’s tough enjoy go to get the speech recorded and scheduled. I can’t imagine they’d want to be the straight man (or woman) to zany Muppet mischief and all the recordings that would require.

Sneaky

Original Poster
They would be wise to announce this soon, well before the election. Then there would be no bad optics.
I legit can see them doing
Muppetvision 3D is closing to be replaced by the new monsters Inc land. But don’t fret muppet fans! Be sure to catch the muppets in their NEW home in liberty square!
Especially after the backlash.

aladdin2007

Muppetvision 3D is closing to be replaced by the new monsters Inc land. But don’t fret muppet fans! Be sure to catch the muppets in their NEW home in liberty square!
muppet (would not be surprising in the least),,,but all of this between this and cars etc, is leaving mansion out on a limb. I hope there is a plan.....my fear? a new mystic manor mansion in villains land and the original goes byebye along with libertysq. would they? Put nothing past them now.

Sneaky

Original Poster
muppet (would not be surprising in the least),,,but all of this between this and cars etc, is leaving mansion out on a limb. I hope there is a plan.....my fear? a new mystic manor mansion in villains land and the original goes byebye along with libertysq. would they? Put nothing past them now.
Haunted mansion stuff is in spirit Halloween. Don’t fret.

Captain Neo

At the rate things are going with current management they will probably bulldoze The American Adventure Pavillion to make way for another Frozen attraction much less replace hall of presidents with muppets

Add her in, and she can be like the human guest star on the old Muppet Show. Plus she can laugh at the jokes.
I was thinking of something like that- it’d carry on the tradition of the current president being added to the show and keep the show new every 4-8 years.

I wonder what’s going to happen to old the old animatronics? I feel like a few could stay- Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Obama?

I've been going to the parks for 35 years and last year was the first time I did American adventure. I originally went in for a nice cool break. I left really happy that I went in, it was very well done.
Last time I went was also my first time seeing it. It truly is a technical marvel and far more entertaining than the HoP- it helps that it’s mostly physical AAs as opposed to video. I fear it won’t be around much longer, but I hope I’m wrong.

Sneaky

Original Poster
Just hope they get this all over with already. It’s already too late to avoid backlash. Longer they draw this out, worse it gets.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

I feel like the announcement to remove ROA occured when it did to lessen the blow (or at least set expectations) when, in a week or two, Monsters Inc is announced to be replacing Muppets Courtyard... but that same announcement about Monsters Inc will contain a "Don't worry, the Muppets aren't leaving WDW for good, they'll be back for a brand new show in the Magic Kingdom starting in 202X!" Then, they keep Muppet Vision open for the year or so (doing other Monsters Inc work around it) while they replace HOP (which closes October) and close Muppet Vision around the same time the new show opens... just a guess...

I feel like the announcement to remove ROA occured when it did to lessen the blow (or at least set expectations) when, in a week or two, Monsters Inc is announced to be replacing Muppets Courtyard... but that same announcement about Monsters Inc will contain a "Don't worry, the Muppets aren't leaving WDW for good, they'll be back for a brand new show in the Magic Kingdom starting in 202X!" Then, they keep Muppet Vision open for the year or so (doing other Monsters Inc work around it) while they replace HOP (which closes October) and close Muppet Vision around the same time the new show opens... just a guess...
It still makes no sense to put Monsters in MuppetVision to me, especially with much more space sitting unused in Animation Courtyard.

doctornick

This is a lot of work to add NOTHING.
I was just thinking that. If they replace Muppets in DHS and then replace HoP and do a bunch of other replacements - it’s so ridiculous how much money Disney blows rearranging deck chairs and not even increasing capacity.

You want to put Muppets somewhere? Well, just keep MV. But if you have to put them somewhere new, make it Stitch or Wonders of Life. Y’know, actually expand the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom