Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
And I almost forgot that it's an election year.

There's already a form of an American history show at American Adventure. That said, American Adventure is a better attraction so throw the HoP gallery stuff into the American Pavillion and some HoP animatromics into American Adventure and move on from HoP.

basas

And I almost forgot that it's an election year.

There's already a form of an American history show at American Adventure. That said, American Adventure is a better attraction so throw the HoP gallery stuff into the American Pavillion and some HoP animatromics into American Adventure and move on from HoP.

You don’t think they will come for that next? Ha!

And what kind of show are you wanting them to replace it with? How will it fit, thematically, into Liberty Square?

Last edited:

easyrowrdw

I love the Muppets. They’re great - when done well. Which Disney has failed to do, either from a critical standpoint or by connecting with audiences.

Suffice it to say, if the current Imagineers find the concept of “Liberty Square” and a Hall of Presidents as “problematic,” I do not trust that they come as honest brokers to telling the American story.
I just can’t wrap my head around this. It just seems sad to me. This country doesn’t exist as we have it without the Presidents depicted in that show. The office of the President is a political position, but the Hall of Presidents is not political.

doctornick

I just can’t wrap my head around this. It just seems sad to me. This country doesn’t exist as we have it without the Presidents depicted in that show. The office of the President is a political position, but the Hall of Presidents is not political.
It’s not even remotely political. Anyone who thinks it’s a problem needs to look at themselves in the mirror and not at the show.

Consumer

Correct. I don't have to agree with every policy put in place under FDR in order to acknowledge his immense contributions and sacrifices to this country. Even Trump, controversial as he is, took a bullet for this country and that is something worth honoring. Are there some presidents up there who are less than deserving? Sure, but I don't think even Andrew Johnson and Woodrow Wilson are bad enough to take away from the accomplishments of men such as Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and so on. These are great men who gave a lot, sometimes all, to establish, preserve, and expand our freedoms as Americans, and that's something we all benefit from.

basas

It’s not even remotely political. Anyone who thinks it’s a problem needs to look at themselves in the mirror and not at the show.

I mostly agree. I think the only thing that makes it political is not the show but the audience. Like I’ve said, roll call can get a bit ‘rowdy’ (not sure if you’ve experienced that or not). I think this *might* be the issue. Maybe simply removing the roll call but keeping all the AA’s would improve the situation? I’m not sure…I’m torn. I love HoP, but if the muppets were added to tone down the ‘audience involvement’ but the show was still focused on the presidents and American history…maybe with some humor…it might be the least bad option we get from the modern-day WDC.

doctornick

I mostly agree. I think the only thing that makes it political is not the show but the audience. Like I’ve said, roll call can get a bit ‘rowdy’ (not sure if you’ve experienced that or not). I think this is what they dislike. Maybe simply removing the roll call but keeping all the AA’s would improve the situation? I’m not sure…I’m torn. I love HoP, but if the muppets were added to tone down the ‘audience involvement’ but the show was still focused on the presidents and American history…maybe with some humor…it might be the least bad option we get from the modern-day WDC.
Honestly I haven’t seen it but I’m sure it happens. We went our last two trips and everyone was respectful in the audience. I actually felt the vibe in the waiting room was a lot of folks very in awe of the stuff there.

Perhaps naive but I think there’s a chunk of folks who really love this stuff and want to be inspired about the country. Is it everyone? Certainly not and if you want to skip HoP by all means do so. But conversely for the people who do enjoy it, i think it’s extremely uplifting.

basas

Honestly I haven’t seen it but I’m sure it happens. We went our last two trips and everyone was respectful in the audience. I actually felt the vibe in the waiting room was a lot of folks very in awe of the stuff there.

Perhaps naive but I think there’s a chunk of folks who really love this stuff and want to be inspired about the country. Is it everyone? Certainly not and if you want to skip HoP by all means do so. But conversely for the people who do enjoy it, i think it’s extremely uplifting.

I totally agree with you about HoP.

As for audiences, I’ve had it both ways. When one side gets going, the other side generally gets going, too… I’ve seen it get pretty bad. Honestly I usually just chuckle and the show continues… But if this is the issue, I think it’s fixable without guttting the show.

I’m just saying if it’s Muppets history lesson or something completely unrelated being thrown in there, I’ll take the muppets

Moth

I feel strongly about this no way or the other. Everytime I hear this rumor I just go "oh okay" and move on with my life.

There's been a HoP replacement rumor that comes every four years since 2008 it feels. I remember my momma telling me that it was gonna be replaced with Chicken Little when we went in 2008. Then it became another IP in 2012. Then the Weird Al/Hamilton/Muppet rumors that have stuck since 2016. That's how long rumors have swirled for this

Consumer

If the Hall of Presidents is truly too controversial for the immature to handle, I think an appropriate replacement can be found from the same source where the Hall of Presidents originated. Back when Disney was developing Liberty Street for Disneyland, one of the concepts for the land was an animatronic show telling the story of the Declaration of Independence through recreations of three famous paintings. I know Disney would never build it today, but it would be a suitable replacement for the Hall of Presidents.

1723519920185.png

Sectorkeeper71

I wouldn’t be entirely shocked. That’s a bunch of AA’s to upkeep and they have it shut it down every 4 or 8 years to add a new animatronic. Not to mention the worsening of polarization of politics in this country and the need for people to heckle at freaking robots, and I can see why they’d want to pivot another direction.

basas

If the Hall of Presidents is truly too controversial for the immature to handle, I think an appropriate replacement can be found from the same source where the Hall of Presidents originated. Back when Disney was developing Liberty Street for Disneyland, one of the concepts for the land was an animatronic show telling the story of the Declaration of Independence through recreations of three famous paintings. I know Disney would never build it today, but it would be a suitable replacement for the Hall of Presidents.

View attachment 808949

Absolutely!

I guess I’m in the minority, but when the crowd gets going in HoP I see it more as people poking fun (as in ‘my side can cheer louder than your side!’). It’s like cheering for your favorite college football team at the bar. I find it humorous and don’t see it as a huge deal… But, of course, in today’s day and age everyone has to get offended over something!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom